BrawnGP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Scania
Scania

Re: BrawnGP

is that the lowest nose design in 09?

enkidu
enkidu

You know i'm really loving this design, I think its up there with Red Bull, Ferrari & Mclaren with looks. Remember pretty cars win races lol

I just hope they can get it dialed in over the next 2 weeks and that its quick out the box. I'm pretty sure that they have many different nose cone, rear wing and engine cover designs to trial during the test.

Also remember this chassis is a ross brawn chassis, it'll be good unlike last years Honda!!!

Moanlower

enkidu wrote:You know i'm really loving this design, I think its up there with Red Bull, Ferrari & Mclaren with looks. Remember pretty cars win races lol

I just hope they can get it dialed in over the next 2 weeks and that its quick out the box. I'm pretty sure that they have many different nose cone, rear wing and engine cover designs to trial during the test.

Also remember this chassis is a ross brawn chassis, it'll be good unlike last years Honda!!!
The chassis and rear suspension needed to be adjusted to fit the Mclaren engine. Lets hope that doesn't spoil the fun.
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.

enkidu
enkidu

I'm sure Mclaren would have given the specs a long time ago for those adjustments. I mean we all knew it'll have a merc engine a month ago. How much change would be required? I thought the engines were all pretty simular.

hulmerist

i predict (desperately hope!) that they'll be on the pace of at least the midfield in the next test

best looking car of all of them so far in my opinion, looks fast, which i suppose doesn't mean much given the bmw and renault but i just get a sense they're in a decent position

MattF1
MattF1

So what do you all think of the team name? (apologies in advance if this has already been asked), I like it personally.

onon
onon

Brawn bought racing team with money he gained from his Ferrari days. Who knows maybe he will build a powerhouse like Mclaren.

czt
czt

MattF1 wrote:So what do you all think of the team name? (apologies in advance if this has already been asked), I like it personally.
I like it too, it's nice to get another team named after the person behind it rather than a large multi-national...

Scania
Scania

they only use Benz's engine or hold power train? (Engine+gear Box+KERS)
how about engine component(e.g.cooling system)?

modbaraban
modbaraban

onon wrote:Brawn bought racing team with money he gained from his Ferrari days. Who knows maybe he will build a powerhouse like Mclaren.
Aston Martin-Mercedes huh? Or maybe Lagonda-Mercedes.

nudger
nudger

only the engine from merc.... no kers, no mclaren gearbox

i have heard some folk from brackley saying they will use the merc kers later in the season however.

Scania
Scania

nudger wrote:only the engine from merc.... no kers, no mclaren gearbox

i have heard some folk from brackley saying they will use the merc kers later in the season however.
one more: SECU :mrgreen:

Conceptual
Conceptual

I believe something that has been missed up to this point is the fact that Honda started developing this car very early in 2008, so if they can fit the Merc engine without destroying some valuable geometry, they may be well ahead of even McLaren and Ferrari!

Brawn is a very talented guy, and I think that this new, last minute throw together team may just be the next Williams, Mclaren or even Ferrari in the annals of F1 history. If the team is in a strong position to develop their 2010 contender (no Honda money to do next years car...), they may very well attract some old faces looking for a new way of doing things.

I have a feeling that you may see the Brawn, Byrne, Schumacher combination at BGP in 2010 with Maranello power. I am NOT suggesting a Ferrari B-Team, but the old Ferrari team with a new set of rules dominating this era of F1.

Or maybe as Islamatron would say, I just dreamin'!

And a quick question:

Is Honda still paying the staff now that Brawn owns it? If they are, why the HELL didn't they just produce 20 more engines, and at least get their name on the side of the car for their money? Especially with the lottery of the new regs. BGP-001 has just as much chance (mathmatically) as the MP4-24 or the F60. I think I would have taken the shot if I were Honda!

axle
axle

Conceptual wrote:Is Honda still paying the staff now that Brawn owns it? If they are, why the HELL didn't they just produce 20 more engines, and at least get their name on the side of the car for their money? Especially with the lottery of the new regs. BGP-001 has just as much chance (mathmatically) as the MP4-24 or the F60. I think I would have taken the shot if I were Honda!
The only thinkg Honda could do was leave 100%, politically and morally (as far as the Honda board were concerned).

The real question is why they didn't sell the engine design on the quiet...
- Axle

xpensive
xpensive

I also think Honda wanted to leave, period. They finally realized they had been taken for loong ride and that there was little sense in spending money just to embarrass yourself.
Regarding the engine design, I am not sure it impressed too many at Monza and who would be the buyer anyway?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"