Secret to Red Bull's Q3 Pace - Engine Mapping

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
siskue2005

Re: Mclaren Mercedes MP4/25

type056 wrote:is it retarded ignition?
sorry for pic.
i suggest to watch this video http://www.formula1.com/video/onboard.html Suzuka 2009 onboard from Trulli
There are a lot of corners were they maintain a certain amount of throttle
is actually how u drive faster, i guess maintaining some throttle stabilizes the car more and aids in better traction (there is much more to this , plz correct me my fellow members)

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Applying some throttle during braking alters the effective brake balance of the car and is used by drivers to help with turn-in etc. Being able to do so is the principle reason for left foot braking. It's a carry-over from karting and was notably not used by Rubens (or Damon Hill) in his early F1 career because he wasn't used to it. IIRC, Rubens still had a three pedal layout when he first went to Ferrari.

This is separate to the blown diffuser which is used to maintain some gas flow through the diffuser and hence maintain downforce at a time when it would naturally be reducing because of the reduced speed of the car.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

aral
aral

Just_a_fan wrote:Applying some throttle during braking alters the effective brake balance of the car and is used by drivers to help with turn-in etc. Being able to do so is the principle reason for left foot braking. It's a carry-over from karting and was notably not used by Rubens (or Damon Hill) in his early F1 career because he wasn't used to it. IIRC, Rubens still had a three pedal layout when he first went to Ferrari.

This is separate to the blown diffuser which is used to maintain some gas flow through the diffuser and hence maintain downforce at a time when it would naturally be reducing because of the reduced speed of the car.
Left foot braking came from rallying, rather than karting. I think that the Finns were the innovators of it, in the 60's.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Modern F1 drivers come from karting and they brought left foot braking with them. Karts are all two pedal (there are gearbox karts but they aren't as common apparently) so they lend themselves to left foot braking. These guys learn to left foot brake as they learn to drive so it's second nature to them.

Rallying may have first used left braking but it came in to F1 from karts.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.