P.U.R.E Appointment

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
JohnsonsEvilTwin

Re: P.U.R.E. Appointment

Has Renault engines(chatillon) committed to 2014 x?
More could have been done.
David Purley

xpensive
xpensive

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Has Renault engines(chatillon) committed to 2014 x?
As far as I understood it JET, Renault was a staunch supporter of the four-banger, don't know if the V6 changed anything?

Perhaps PURE and Mechacrome, who has a history with Renault, is a cover for the French manufacturer rather than VW?

There has to be some wealthy force behind PURE anyway, of that I'm certain.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

munudeges
munudeges

Somebody somewhere is signing the cheques and it has rather a French feel to it with many faces from Jean Todt's past.

xpensive
xpensive

munudeges wrote:Somebody somewhere is signing the cheques and it has rather a French feel to it with many faces from Jean Todt's past.
There you go, Peugeot, which would perhaps also xplain why MrT let Gilles Simon go like that, without any gardening time?

munudeges
munudeges

There you go......... I specified who it was without even realising it! :lol:

xpensive
xpensive

Right, while the powerplant is probably not intended as a customer engine either, rather for some new French team,
which is to be granted an entry to Formula one by MrT for 2014?

munudeges
munudeges

It might well explain why Pollock said he wasn't bothered if they didn't get any customers........

The game's afoot..........

xpensive
xpensive

munudeges wrote:It might well explain why Pollock said he wasn't bothered if they didn't get any customers........

The game's afoot..........
Indeed mun, this is what I was getting at, who would finance another customer engine to compete with Cosworth for the peanut-teams? I was wrong about the financer however, but with Peugeot, Todt, Simon, Mechacrome, IFPEN and a French-speaking Craig Pollock, things all of a sudden falls into place.

Remember that Mechacrome had a similar arrangement with Flavio Briatore in the late 90s and that F1 probably is considered unfinished business for Peugeot, a shame that Corrado Provera is not around anymore though.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Peugeot could indeed be a likely link.

You could see this as a response to VW(think Audi vs Peugeot @ Le mans).

However, PSA would still need to have some sort of paper trail. It does seem far more plausible than VeeDub though.
David Purley

xpensive
xpensive

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Peugeot could indeed be a likely link.

You could see this as a response to VW(think Audi vs Peugeot @ Le mans).

However, PSA would still need to have some sort of paper trail. It does seem far more plausible than VeeDub though.
I believe the Peugeot connection is pretty obvious, thanks mun, and what's so vey interesting is if it signals a fully fledged factory-team, something which would suit Jean Todt in everywhich way. Getting a manufacturer back could spur others to return and replace MrM's peanut teams, while who knows, MrT might have plans to go back to Peugeot himself after only one term at the FIA?

As for a distinguished member's obsession with a paper trail for the financing, I find it rather naive (sorry about that one JET),
when you can hide almost anything in the corporate world, in particular if your French government is involved somehow.

Fil

..and most particularly if it fits the F1T rumours. :P

It'll be a while before we see a manufacturer team jump back in again. Toyota & Honda's respective acts of seppuku & now Mercedes' battles are still too fresh examples of the struggle of F1 for manufacturers. Yet here is the suggestion that a manufacturer may be developing an engine AND preparing a team??
Wishing thinking at best. I'll admit it does sound nice though.

P.U.R.E. (that is so annoying to type..) could just as well be using F1 as a base for patent development & licensing, leading to further revenue streams from automotive/other industry.
A B2B model, based on Ferrari's corporate F1 marketing setup, could make a lot of sense in the regenerative energy industry. There's a lot yet to be discovered, and F1 could well be a major player in patent technology development here.
Or failing that, it's almost inevitable the ECU saga will play out with KERS/HERS. Who better placed than an independent such as P.U.R.E. to win the FIA F1 KERS/HERS supplier contract?
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

noname
noname

xpensive wrote: I believe the Peugeot connection is pretty obvious (...)
Quite recently VW was pointed as very obvious force behind P.U.R.E. ;)

Do you think Peugeot has enough money to run both Le Mans and F1 ?
And other projects they are involved in ?

JohnsonsEvilTwin

[...]
Last edited by Steven on 18 Aug 2011, 12:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal comments (and replying posts)
David Purley

gridwalker
gridwalker

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Next its going to be Honda disguised as baguette eating Frenchman....
Baguette? Eat? Bag eat .. bug eat ... bugat ... Bugatti? EUREKA! Volkswagen it is ;)
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

munudeges
munudeges

Quite clearly there is something hidden behind PURE, whether it is VW, Peugot or something either one of those two or someone else has pumped cash into. It's not just something Pollock has cobbled together given the people and organisations named within it. History has taught us not to be naive when these kinds of things spring up. This is the guy who managed to rip 500 million off from BAT, and not caring if you have customers or not is a most curious thing, no?

To not speculate around and question that is naive, but then, some don't seem to know how to do that.