BrawnGP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Fil

Re: BrawnGP

looks like the sponsors are all jumping on the bandwagon now!
(even if many are Brazilian companies) i wonder how many are 2 race sponsorship deals to ensure they're on the cars when the championships are clinched.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

zgred

Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

Looks very cool from the side. Shame the Brawn logo has been taken away lol, I like the TNT bit though.

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

new barge boards

zgred

Some small differences.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Fil wrote:looks like the sponsors are all jumping on the bandwagon now!
(even if many are Brazilian companies) i wonder how many are 2 race sponsorship deals to ensure they're on the cars when the championships are clinched.
Seemingly all the Sponsors that were on the BGP001 during the season will make an apperance, with the Mercedes Benz accross the engine cover and nose, but not as large as say McLarens logo. Think Renaults or Toyotas logos on the RB5 and FW31.

I think sponsors would be stupid not to make shure their names were on the car for the last race of the season. Potentially it could be £2 Million a sponsor slot for 1 race, and if 10 sponsors are on the car, thats a cool £20mil for 1 race.

Id recon that the companies that will be on it will be:

Brawn GP (Air Box)
Virgin (Front Of Driver, Cockpit & Nosecone)
Virgin Atlnatic (Side cockpit & Rear Wing End Plates)
Mig Investments (Front Wing End Plates)
Mapfre (Engine Cover)
BancoBrazil (Front Wing)
Cannon (Sidepods)
Itaipava (Rear Wing)
TNT (Rear Wing Endplates)
Bridgestone (Rear Wing)
Mercedes Benz (Engine Cover & Nose Cone)

PlatinumZealot

PAUSE! Espimerium, I have to confront you on this one! I am not a pretty good at the whole spelling and Grammar thing myself, but this has been troubling me for some time... You like to type "shure" instead of "sure." It is like a trademark of yours now.

I get 912 results when I google shure and your username. Are you a Guitar/music enthusiast? :wink:

That's all..
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

bill shoe
bill shoe

I just thought of something in the midst of all the Brawn celebration.

Brawn has won both championships and everyone is saying it's the fairy tale story of modern sport. Brawn, Fry, Button, and Barrichello are being interviewed over and over like they are superheros.

To be blunt: At some point 1.5 years ago or so, some obscure engineer at Honda F1 loked at the newly written aero regs for 2009 and conceived a loophole that didn't exist until he invented it. The loophole ended up being called the double decker diffuser. This person's wisdom ended up absolutely making the season for Brawn, Fry, Button, and Rubens. I am not aware that this person or people have ever been publicly identified, much less been given the hero status like all the PR-level names. This is the sometimes the nature of true creativity and ability in the world. Capable people do the work and the high level names get the credit. This statement is a bit over the top with negativity, but the underlying premise is real. Responses? Thanks.

By the way, the 2009 aero regs had a loophole because they were written by a committee of the high level names instead of the capable people.

freedom_honda

I find it amusing to see people still say DDD is illegal despite the fact that FIA said numerous times its legal.

Terrible3
Terrible3

freedom_honda wrote:I find it amusing to see people still say DDD is illegal despite the fact that FIA said numerous times its legal.
He never said it was illegal, just an interesting interpretation of the rules that lead to Brawns early dominance untimely leading to their WCC.

Sawtooth-spike

Has that not always been the case? Somebody has an Early advantage due to a loop hole. They do well early on, everybody has to catch up. The usual it would be ferrari who find the loop hole. But not i think about it that was mainly when Ross Brawn was there?

On another point, for the last 2 years The number 22 Driver has won the WDC! I wonder who will be 22 next year!
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

ringo

Yes but the only reason LH was 22 was because Mclaren did not receive any constructors points, so that and the Brawn being a "new" team was a special case. If one of the drivers on the new teams either USF1, Manor, Lotus, is WDC next year i am gonna cut my stomach out eat it and digest it. :lol:
For Sure!!

freedom_honda

Terrible3 wrote:
freedom_honda wrote:I find it amusing to see people still say DDD is illegal despite the fact that FIA said numerous times its legal.
He never said it was illegal, just an interesting interpretation of the rules that lead to Brawns early dominance untimely leading to their WCC.
I wasn't talking about you =] :)

sticky667
sticky667

looks like Ross is letting it out of the bag a little:
Ross Brawn on http://www.autosport.com wrote:There is a frothy outside but there is a steel core to it, which he has demonstrated. This will be a fantastic experience for him and I will expect to have a much stronger driver in the future.

Roland Ehnström

Sawtooth-spike wrote:On another point, for the last 2 years The number 22 Driver has won the WDC!
Not only that, but like Norbert Haug mentioned after the race, for the second time in two years a British driver in car #22 with a Mercedes engine has secured the world championship by finishing fifth at Interlagos! What are the odds? :shock: