Silly Season 2016/2017

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SR71

Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

Rumors of Allison to Red Bull? Reported even on NBCsports....

He's been in the press stating he won't go back to Renault so he's in the F1 peripheral still....

Newey to???

edu2703
edu2703

FrukostScones wrote:Rumors of Hülkenberg to Renault intensifying...
If only a 'exclusive' rumor published by a non-trusted source (Autobild) is enough to create a hype, well ok... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry to spoil your illusions, but he will stay at Force India. Of that I'm 100% sure. Especially after what happened to Perez.

and...http://www.planetf1.com/news/hulkenberg ... rce-india/

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Phillyred wrote:In regards to 2018 as someone has alluded to, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Hamilton drive for Mclaren again.
No way jose.
Dennis wasn't happy with him leaving, Mclaren is on a rise from a deep low, but is still rather in the same position as they were when Lewis decided to leave, so in all those years, little changed. With Alonso AND button not able to get that car upfront enough, Lewis is never ever gonna go there if there are better chances out, and i say Ferrari is still up for grabs for him.

Lewis has 'surpassed' the clinical, grey environment that is Mclaren nowadays. He's big at Merc, and can be even bigger at Ferrari i'd say. Anywhere else is a step back. I can only see Lewis go to Ferrari after Merc, and after that, LeMans and Indy.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Vasconia

SR71 wrote:Rumors of Allison to Red Bull? Reported even on NBCsports....

He's been in the press stating he won't go back to Renault so he's in the F1 peripheral still....

Newey to???
It would be a pity, Allison going to Renault would be a boost for the team. Has he said why he doesnt want to go back to Renault?

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

edu2703 wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:Rumors of Hülkenberg to Renault intensifying...
If only a 'exclusive' rumor published by a non-trusted source (Autobild) is enough to create a hype, well ok... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well motorsport.com are now reporting on this.
Nico Hulkenberg is on the verge of finalising a switch to Renault next season, with multiple sources suggesting that an agreement is close to being completed.
The sauce.

iotar__

ChrisDanger wrote:Well motorsport.com are now reporting on this.
Nico Hulkenberg is on the verge of finalising a switch to Renault next season, with multiple sources suggesting that an agreement is close to being completed.
The sauce.
- Sainz has been even worse recently so Renault must be disappointed they can't get him ;-). One very good race (Spain) couple of good ones and nothing more inc. plenty of bad ones - 1st candidate.

- Second driver Ocon, who "impressed" although no one can say including author who he impressed and doing what. Apart from people that get paid to be impressed - Manor aka TR, even before anything happens. Just like last season with "Merc size budget" copy and paste.
- I only remember the most awkward overtake duel vs Wehrlein, two speeding penalties, and hiding in DTM. Not a representatives sample to draw conclusions but not for others - they are "impressed". If it doesn't work - see current "one of the best line-ups" with "future WC".

Who goes to Force India then? Making them a bit weaker would be a small plus of hiring NH. I have two risky candidates but let's wait when it happens.

Sevach
Sevach

Vasconia wrote:
SR71 wrote:Rumors of Allison to Red Bull? Reported even on NBCsports....

Newey to???
It would be a pity, Allison going to Renault would be a boost for the team. Has he said why he doesnt want to go back to Renault?
Apparently he thinks they are directionless, and also isn't looking forward to a 4th stint on the Enstone.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/126556

Even though it looks like Alisson won't be there, if i was Hulk or Bottas i would jump at the Renault opportunity.

Facts Only
Facts Only

If Hulkenburg goes to Renault it will be Werhlein or Palmer at FIF1. Depends wha0'st more important at the time, money or Merc.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I'm still not writing off Lewis leaving Merc in the heat of things. 1 more DNF, his title chances are over, and his conspiracist mindset goes off the charts,
though one must not forget his comment on what happened this year in a driver-clash-incident and the aftermath of what was said and happens, himself
stating he won't and can't speak or open up about that whilst at Mercedes or in F1 alltogether. This year has not been good for Lewis' trust into Mercedes,
whether that's reasonable or fair is another point of discussion, it's an observation rather than anything.

I'm still not writing of the silliest of sillies;

Lewis Hamilton OUT of Mercedes in 2017, and INTO Ferrari
Fernando Alonso OUT of Mclaren in 2017, and INTO Mercedes
Kimi Raikkonen OUT of Ferrari in 2017, due to Lewis arrival

Resulting in 2017:

Alonso winning races with Mercedes
Hamilton winning races with Ferrari
Verstappen winning races with RedBull

and a complete craze on the field!

well, back to reality.
I have lost all sights on what's possible.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Vasconia

Sevach wrote: Apparently he thinks they are directionless, and also isn't looking forward to a 4th stint on the Enstone.

Even though it looks like Alisson won't be there, if i was Hulk or Bottas i would jump at the Renault opportunity.
Thanks for the info. Its a pity, in Renault he would be the leader, something it wont happen in RB, for example. Moreover, Renault is spending an interesting amount of money to build a winning project, while almost everything is done in RB. The former is a more risky but much more motivating project.

Good for Nico is he goes to Renault. At least there is room for a improvement while in FI the risk of stagnation is clear.

Vasconia

Manoah2u wrote: Resulting in 2017:

Among the absurd theories this is my favourite. Where should I sign to watch an epic battle between Alonso, Hamilton and Verstappen?

Sevach
Sevach

Vasconia wrote:
Sevach wrote: Apparently he thinks they are directionless, and also isn't looking forward to a 4th stint on the Enstone.

Thanks for the info. Its a pity, in Renault he would be the leader, something it wont happen in RB, for example. Moreover, Renault is spending an interesting amount of money to build a winning project, while almost everything is done in RB. The former is a more risky but much more motivating project.

Good for Nico is he goes to Renault. At least there is room for a improvement while in FI the risk of stagnation is clear.
Alisson wants to be on big team and compete at the sharp end instead of embarking on a project of steady progress over the next couple of years, i can understand him.
Plus you know being asked to work with Adrian Newey has gotta be like being asked to colaborate with your favorite guitarist on a song.

For Nico yeah, he needs to move if he wants to get out of the limbo he's in, even if it means taking a step back right now.

Vasconia

Sevach wrote:
Vasconia wrote:

Alisson wants to be on big team and compete at the sharp end instead of embarking on a project of steady progress over the next couple of years, i can understand him.
Plus you know being asked to work with Adrian Newey has gotta be like being asked to colaborate with your favorite guitarist on a song.

For Nico yeah, he needs to move if he wants to get out of the limbo he's in, even if it means taking a step back right now.
Perhaps he wants a more secondary role in order to have free time for his children. A chief position in Renault wouldnt let him to much free time.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Vasconia wrote:
Manoah2u wrote: Resulting in 2017:

Among the absurd theories this is my favourite. Where should I sign to watch an epic battle between Alonso, Hamilton and Verstappen?
It would be a recipe for awesomeness.
Imagine Mclaren sorting things out and Button winning with Mclaren added to that. Give a chance to VanDoorne too, yes, but i feel Button deserves some good stuff after abismal mclaren years.

Oddly enough, i think Alonso fits a lot better with Mercedes and Hamilton better with Ferrari - character like.
I also have some sort of a feeling that Mercedes is more an environment like Renault/Enstone was with Alonso when hauling in the championships.

Apart from Schumacher obviously being the biggest deal ever for Ferrari, has Ferrari ever had a outspoken 'superstar' somewhat comparable like Hamilton in their posession?

can
can

Hulk to Renault would make total sense even for FI,
because they could easily get a similar ranked driver
like K MAG, who comes with a few millions from his
sponsor Jack and Jones or more probably Wehrlein
with an engine discount from MB.

FI does not need a experienced driver because they
keep Checo, but they need every single extra dollar.

In conclusion, it will happen, because its a Win-Win-Win
situation.

Remember my words :mrgreen: