Silly Season 2011/2012

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
vall
vall

Re: Silly Season 2011/2012

Just read something that is off the 'silly season" topic, but it is still silly:

http://totalf1.com/full_story/view/4038 ... ical_team/

Those technitions have always been at Macca, they were not brought in by Button? Why Hamilton did not establish "smart" relation with them during his 4 years at the team is a mistery for me :D Ontop, it has often been sais that this was Hamilton's team.......

NonNewtonic
NonNewtonic

vall wrote:Just read something that is off the 'silly season" topic, but it is still silly:

http://totalf1.com/full_story/view/4038 ... ical_team/

Those technitions have always been at Macca, they were not brought in by Button? Why Hamilton did not establish "smart" relation with them during his 4 years at the team is a mistery for me :D Ontop, it has often been sais that this was Hamilton's team.......
He is just getting some excuses for his failed 2011 campaign

fritticaldi

Williams appears to be set to announce a new title sponsor. Ironically enough, it's another telecommunications company. This time from Qatar.

Trailer23

fritticaldi wrote:Williams appears to be set to announce a new title sponsor. Ironically enough, it's another telecommunications company. This time from Qatar.

godlameroso

The way Williams strikes deals with communication and technology companies leads me to believe they have important IP that these companies want, and vice versa.
Saishū kōnā

vall
vall

ringo wrote:
RB7ate9 wrote:Unfortunately, it just makes sense from a management point of view to take Buemi over Alguesuari not so much for Buemi's pros, but Alguesuari's cons:

1. Seb and Jaime are relatively interchangeable regarding their quali/points from the 2010/2011 comparison

2. Jaime has had a brush with Helmut - always a bad idea for RB/TR drivers

3. Jaime also has that side DJ job which distracts from the larger Red Bull marketing machine

4. Jaime hasn't demonstrated remarkable improvement over Buemi (as can be evidently viewed in quali/points) in the 2.5 seasons compared to Buemi's 3

5. Jaime and Seb would've been considered from TEST driver. For all we know, Jaime didn't want to go for it in the first place. So Seb could have been the second choice.
I don't think these points really matter at all to redbull. These just look like excuses Jaime would use to make it look as if everything but his driving and technical abilities are to blame.

Jaime only has more points than Buemi becuase of Buemi's mechanical DNFs. There was never really much in the way of Jaime outshining Buemi.
Buemi has had better drives over the season. Shown more technical feed back, and also has been more mature in how he comments and i guess he's probably a more motivational driver for the team and mechanics.
Jaime's radio always sounds like he's clueless. He never yet sounds sure about anything and he never yet point the team in a direction to go with the car.
Buemi gives a leadership impression more than Jaime.
I would go with Sebastian Buemi any day. Jaime can do like Grosjean and race outside of F1 to mature.
but this is not very consistent with out was coming out from the TR team, no? I remember aroudn mid-season they said that whoever of there drivers has more points at the end and shows better drives will stay. I think Jaime was by far the better driver of the two during the sencond part of the season.

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

I concur, it seems odd that the driver that handily had the better season wouldn't be chosen. And, from a marketing perspective, he has a better mug. Obviously something has to have happened off the track and beyond the paddock to really make the decision.

Silly season, indeed.

perhaps make a team for the asian market with all of the extra drivers? hóng sè gōng niú?

raymondu999

Apparently Alguersuari has turned down HRT
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

He has been sniffing arround Mercedes for a seat, but seemingly they want Sam Bird.

He has been looking at a birth as a TD at one of the top 5 teams. Doubt he will get a thing from them, id recon that he should look for a seat at Hispania and keep racing, build the team arround him and then go from there. Take the mind set that Glock and Kovalinen did at Virgin and Lotus, and it now is paying off for one of them, and could start to pay off for Glock next year.

Alguersauri will probably have to find a GP2 seat and take a maturing year there and do a Grosjean. But Pantano did that once, and didnt come back to F1, so there is a risk assocoiated with that strategy.

timbo
timbo

ESPImperium wrote:Alguersauri will probably have to find a GP2 seat and take a maturing year there and do a Grosjean.
I remember something along the lines that a pilot with full F1 season can't participate in GP2. And I don't think a year of GP2 experience can add something to his maturity.

scuderiafan

timbo wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:Alguersauri will probably have to find a GP2 seat and take a maturing year there and do a Grosjean.
I remember something along the lines that a pilot with full F1 season can't participate in GP2. And I don't think a year of GP2 experience can add something to his maturity.
Sure he can, if he is racing for a year, he can at least keep his skills sharp. Plus, all of the GP2 drivers are young guns who drive fast and pretty aggressively. It's a very competitive series, and he can gain some maturity from racing against these guys.

Give props to Alguersuari, he came right from FR3.5 to F1, and scored in his 2nd season. GP2 would be a good thing for him.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

ringo

I have a feeling that if webber retired, buemi would be the second redbull driver for 2012.
For Sure!!

SAEED
SAEED

I believe it'll be either Ricciardo or Vergne who replaces Webber.

scuderiafan

SAEED wrote:I believe it'll be either Ricciardo or Vergne who replaces Webber.
I'd agree. Red Bull seem to have dropped the plans on Alguersuari and Buemi, and are focusing on Ricciardo and Vergne. I don't blame them, neither STR drivers have had stellar seasons.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

timbo
timbo

scuderiafan wrote:Sure he can, if he is racing for a year, he can at least keep his skills sharp. Plus, all of the GP2 drivers are young guns who drive fast and pretty aggressively. It's a very competitive series, and he can gain some maturity from racing against these guys.
First of, as I said it appears he can't go there. this is from 2009 regulations:
Any driver who previously won the GP2 Series Championship or any driver who completed a full season in the FIA Formula One World Championship will not be permitted to participate in the Series
scuderiafan wrote:Give props to Alguersuari, he came right from FR3.5 to F1, and scored in his 2nd season. GP2 would be a good thing for him.
Secondly, what I said was not meant to bash him. I respect him, and I reckon that after 2+ years in F1, gP2 would not add much on top of that.
I think he can hone is skills as a racing driver better elsewhere, e.g. DTM or endurance racing.