Pistons

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
sharkie17

walter wrote:Berillium, the type that was used in formula 1 is pretty safe under normal circumstances, however under fire it is toxic, and in the production of the parts it is also highly volatile. It actually was adopted from airplane industry where it was first used commercially, however the factory workers that produced these parts were getting sick with cancer and such, and brought upon many lawsuits, back in the late 90's.

as for uranium in the ballasts, it was depleted uranium, which is not radioactive, the same material that makes up the armour in modern US tanks.
depleted uranium is still radioactive..just less.

(and it can still can cause health problems when exposed to it)

West
West

dumrick wrote:
Anonymous wrote:according to some new researches, even though cigarettes are unhealthy, they improve your quality of life, and being happier you therefore live longer due to that and lead a happier life
Maybe those researches were financed by the tobacco industry!!!!

Anyway, I've already tried all of those and, for me, Gauloises rule 8)
I like Gaulouises; ironically their lights are a lot harsher than their normal cigarette

Gitanes are whatevers

555 Station Express are whatevers cigarettes also

In all cases, I've cut down because I don't really "get anything" from them as well as working out four times a week. You only live once, so why not
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

dumrick
dumrick

Well, West, due to local manufacturing and legislations, we can be talking about quite different things, isn't so??? :) :)

Anyway, even here, my Gauloises (Blondes regular, not lights) taste a lot stronger than many of the other brands, but that's what I appreciate, as each one satisfies me enough to smoke only 3/4 per day...

And I also workout (3 times a week) and I don't feel much difference unless I start smoking heavier... what would probably happen if I started smoking those "light" bullets!!!!

walter
walter

sharkie17 Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:55 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

walter wrote:
Berillium, the type that was used in formula 1 is pretty safe under normal circumstances, however under fire it is toxic, and in the production of the parts it is also highly volatile. It actually was adopted from airplane industry where it was first used commercially, however the factory workers that produced these parts were getting sick with cancer and such, and brought upon many lawsuits, back in the late 90's.

as for uranium in the ballasts, it was depleted uranium, which is not radioactive, the same material that makes up the armour in modern US tanks.

depleted uranium is still radioactive..just less.
(and it can still can cause health problems when exposed to it)

I find that either sickly disturbing or just false

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Well actually the depleted uranium is still slightly radioactive...there have been a few portguese troops that have died due to radioactive contaminasion in.....Kozovo! They've died about 1 to 3 years after the contamination from lung cancer or other forms of cancer.

Stas
Stas

Berrilium is not cancer producing agent. Isotope of beryllium is. and west is the best siggaretes in the world. They got awesom filter too.

riff_raff
riff_raff

F1 pistons are aluminum

MMC's (Metal Matrix Composites) and AlBeMet (Aluminum->2%Beryllium) alloys are no longer legal for F1. So most F1 pistons are now made of hyper-eutectic aluminum alloy forgings.