German GP 2011 - Nürburgring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
auto saibot

Re: German GP 2011 - Nürburgring

awesome win for hamilton, and have to say force india's strategy worked out well in bringing him 6th, fabulous drive by him. certainly not a home race vettel would have imagined for....

zeph
zeph

Yeah, I've been saying that Ferrari needs to shake up their pit crews.

But I loved how Vettel got pwned twice by Alonso and then by Massa.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Great race. Always plenty going on throughout the field.

Brilliant drive by Hamilton. Great drives by Alonso and Sutil too. Massa let down by the slow pit stop having spent so much time and effort keeping Vettel back for lap after lap. Unlucky for Button although he was a long way off the pace. Vettel looked very second hand today. Like he was planning his summer holiday instead of driving. Most odd.

If we can have a few more races like that this season we should have a decent ending to the chapionship.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Pierce89

awesome race. I feel the 2011 regs and tires are a resounding success. It looks like Red Bull is being caught up by the two REAL big dogs. Ferrari and Macca are looking strong. We might not get a WDC battle but we'll get some awsome races from here on out.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

myurr
myurr

Traction wrote:Well done Lewis...great race....well done Mclaren, they have certainly found something in the upgrades!

Back to the drawing board for RB, they need to catch up. Let's see what they come up with. Vettel still leads the WDC...yet it still feels like a long way to go...great fourth Sebastian.
Don't want to take too much away from anyone or beat on them when they're down, but that was hardly a great fourth for Vettel. Ferrari gifted it to him when he couldn't get it done on track. Vettel was off the pace of the leaders all race. He made an early mistake spinning after putting a wheel on the astroturf, losing 7 seconds and flat spotting the tyres. After that his head dropped and he just didn't get himself back into it. He only really came alive again when he got a shot at Massa.

Here he failed to beat him on track and only came away with fourth instead of fifth because his pit crew beat Ferrari's. Good for him from the championship point of view, but hardly a great drive and there continue to be questions about his ability to race for victory instead of just leading from the front.

zeph
zeph

I think Massa was grrreat today. Too bad the crew let him down.

Traction

Just_a_fan wrote:Great race. Always plenty going on throughout the field.

Brilliant drive by Hamilton. Great drives by Alonso and Sutil too. Massa let down by the slow pit stop having spent so much time and effort keeping Vettel back for lap after lap. Unlucky for Button although he was a long way off the pace. Vettel looked very second hand today. Like he was planning his summer holiday instead of driving. Most odd.

If we can have a few more races like that this season we should have a decent ending to the chapionship.
I agree with the Vettel statement...he just seemed out of sorts and his pace seemed down...even during practice and qualifying he never really seemed happy :?
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

CHT
CHT

Webber is the biggest disappointment for me.

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Dude, Ferrari car is mega fast, i really think with an hotter track the car would be flying

Goran2812
Goran2812

Massa =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Ferrari pit crew :x :x :x :x

All in all, great race today! Vettel still has a lot to learn...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

zirpas
zirpas

wow,awesome race,great job Hamilton¡¡

bad for ferrari pitcrew once again

myurr
myurr

Thought it was interesting that during the early running when the air was damp that the McLaren had visible vortices coming off the rear wing but the Red Bull didn't. Is this significant? Due to differing down force levels on the two cars? The difference between the long and short chord flaps?

munudeges
munudeges

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:Dude, Ferrari car is mega fast, i really think with an hotter track the car would be flying
Indeed. I think Ferrari might well be happy considering how cool it was today.

zeph
zeph

I think it is not good how Ferrari can never gain advantage with pit stops. They really need to look at that. They don't always lose out, but they certainly don't win there either.

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

zeph wrote:I think it is not good how Ferrari can never gain advantage with pit stops. They really need to look at that. They don't always lose out, but they certainly don't win there either.

Alonso was in front of Hamilton with a great in lap and great pit stop.. But Alonso tyre was cold and he can't hold his first place.