I HATE NASCAR.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
vyselegend

I personnaly don't like NASCAR at all, but I have respect for other series's fans, as I expect they have for me. I don't see the point in creating / bringing back such a thread. Imagine if everyone create a topic about the serie they dislike (I hate moto gp, I hate DTM, I hate Le mans series,I hate rally, I hate aussie v8, etc...) What sort of contribution is it for the forum? :roll:

Sodder
Sodder

I was born and raised in the south eastern United States, the birth place of Nascar. As a matter of fact the "Nascar Capitol of the World" is just a few hours away from where I live now. To say that it is just racing to an American (especially a southerner) could get you into a little trouble depending on the croud. In this region of the states it's almost a subculture, kinda like rock and roll. It means a lot to a lot of people, just like F1 means to us.

I like it, and I find it an enjoyable form of racing. To me its kind of like high horsepower bumper cars. With drivers who are not afraid beat there way to the front. It takes a certain kind of man or woman to navigate one successfully around one ovals they run on every single weekend, and there are thousands of people waiting to get into the sport.

It is defiently not an elegant form of motor sports like F1 but sometimes its fun to watch a pub brawl instead of the sweet science of boxing. (I really can't think of a good way to say this but that might help get my point across.) Or think of it as F1 is like reading a wonderful well though out book, but its still fun to read a magazine. Just a different form of enjoyment.

So take it for what it worth to you but this Nascar is stupid mentality is what gives some F1 fans a bad name. I personally have had diehard Nascar fans ask me why Formula fans are so "snooty". I really couldn't have given them a fair answer until now...Maybe something to think about... :?:
All I know is I don't know much....

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?6l

m3_lover

I say Lock this post, serves no purpose at all.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Sodder
Sodder

Agreed, I just though for some strange reason you would like to hear my response.
All I know is I don't know much....

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?6l