Indian GP 2011 - Buddh

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Shrieker

Re: Indian Grand Prix 2011

After seeing that I have no doubt whatsoever that the race will take place. They are in a much better shape than Korea was 10 days before the gp.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Intego

Awesome, absolutely astonishing – it's like night and day! It looked really bad two weeks ago, but they made it. Great work. I take back all my doubting and kudos to all the Indian workers around there. =D>
(I hope it's not photoshopped :lol: )
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

CHT
CHT

Track itself should be ready. but from the picture we cant really tell if the utilities and sanitary facilities will be ready to welcome with >100K spectators by next week.

PS. notice those photos are copyrighted to "Master of Disguise" I wonder what that mean? :)

ringo

Why are we doubting the organizers if charlie himself and other FIA reps have been monitoring the project so closely?
For Sure!!

raymondu999

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

CHT
CHT

track is all clear to race. the dust could be an issue for the cars, just like in Bahrain.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sua5rtOYJA[/youtube]

Shrieker

@raymondu999,

The race is going ahead -track wise- no question about that. I hope there aren't any other mishaps.

@CHT,

Wow. That definitely sounds like a V10. Is that a toro rosso ?

BTW, I completed my first laps in rfactor, and my initial impression is positive. The twisty bits aren't boring at all, and the final sector is very fun to drive. I think the drivers will love it. I'll post a replay of my laps if I can get the hang of it. Having said that, I just can't see how Red Bull are gonna be beaten here lol. 2nd half of the track is RB 7 territory all the way. Vettel win bar mishaps. You heard it here first :lol:
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

kalinka
kalinka

ringo wrote:Why are we doubting the organizers if charlie himself and other FIA reps have been monitoring the project so closely?

Because the traditional FIA "transparency" :) They just don't bother to inform people regularly about their decision-making process, or you ( like in EBD case ) just can't trust what they say. That's enough for me.

raymondu999

Shrieker wrote:@raymondu999,

The race is going ahead -track wise- no question about that. I hope there aren't any other mishaps.
Eh? Did I ever say otherwise? :?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Shrieker

Yes you did 8)
-Atatürk

raymondu999

Shrieker wrote:Yes you did 8)
I think you'll find that I never said it wouldn't go on. Read back all of my posts in this thread. :roll:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

FW17

Shrieker wrote:
After seeing that I have no doubt whatsoever that the race will take place. They are in a much better shape than Korea was 10 days before the gp.

Wish the organizers had planted trees when they started grading the land, would have looked lot better than just grass.

Shrieker

raymondu999 wrote:
Shrieker wrote:Yes you did 8)
I think you'll find that I never said it wouldn't go on. Read back all of my posts in this thread. :roll:
Chill out dude, I was merely attributing the "@" to your forum quote in my first message, and my second post was definitely trollin' lol :lol:
WilliamsF1 wrote: Wish the organizers had planted trees when they started grading the land, would have looked lot better than just grass.
Hear hear. Same for Istanbul Park, sadly :cry:
-Atatürk

Trailer23

India's ace Formula One driver Narain Karthikeyan has rated the newly laid Buddh International Circuit as among the Top 5 in the World after doing a couple of laps on a Mercedes safety car.

Penny for your thoughts... :mrgreen:

raymondu999

Does that not make Karun a racing god then? :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法