Indian GP 2011 - Buddh

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

Re: Indian GP 2011 - Buddh

Looks like a launch spec RB5 in the test to me. I wonder if Neel Jani's run would have helped Red Bull gain track surface data - eg about the kerbs/bumps to help them dial in the simulator. Given that that's probably the biggest unknown of this circuit at the moment; it could help out a lot
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

beelsebob
beelsebob

n_anirudh wrote:Neel Jani's run a few days back...
I know it's only a slow run, but it's interesting that he's not wearing a Hans device. You would have thought that would be standard practice for anyone getting in one of those cars.

Trailer23

Do you think that Karun Chandhok should get a chance to race in the IndianGP this week alongside fellow countryman Narain Karthikeyan?

astracrazy
astracrazy

not really. i can't see what difference it would make

mnmracer
mnmracer

Vettel: India's going to be fast
“By the time we race in India, I’ll have done several laps of the track on the simulator. We’re expecting the track to have the second highest average speed of the season after Monza; that means that we’ll be completing a lap at an average speed of 235 kilometres an hour (146mph), so there should be plenty of good opportunities to overtake.”
from setanta.com

Trailer23

Neel Jani's run on the RBR:

Jesus, will U look at the dust that comes out behind the exhaust on time-frame 2:25.

Bahrain is dusty, but then again its the desert. We're gonna see a lot of cars slidding off on corners.

The pit lane looks more like sand pit to me. I give the track a 1.5 out of a possible 10, which puts it at the bottom of the barrel.

Richard
Richard

Calm down and remember it is still emerging from the construction phase. Do you really think they'd race with a pit lane covered in dust and dirt?

Judge it once the race is over.

ps I'm not sure Jesus follows F1. Although I'm sure Bernie has ambitions .....

beelsebob
beelsebob

Trailer23 wrote:The pit lane looks more like sand pit to me. I give the track a 1.5 out of a possible 10, which puts it at the bottom of the barrel.
Wow, can't wait to slag it off... Maybe you should wait until we've actually seen some racing here first?

sriraj1031
sriraj1031

Trailer23 wrote:Neel Jani's run on the RBR:

Bahrain is dusty, but then again its the desert. We're gonna see a lot of cars slidding off on corners.

The pit lane looks more like sand pit to me. I give the track a 1.5 out of a possible 10, which puts it at the bottom of the barrel.

It shows people are so judgmental and also dont know anything about construction sites

Trailer23

sriraj1031 wrote:It shows people are so judgmental and also dont know anything about construction sites
My good man, this run by Neel Jani took place a couple of days back. Race Weekend is around the corner. What, do they plan on winding-up the construction after the race is over?!!

Anyways, i've just given my own personal opinion. You're at liberty to do the same. I'm just not expecting...much.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Trailer23 wrote:
sriraj1031 wrote:It shows people are so judgmental and also dont know anything about construction sites
My good man, this run by Neel Jani took place a couple of days back. Race Weekend is around the corner. What, do they plan on winding-up the construction after the race is over?!!

Anyways, i've just given my own personal opinion. You're at liberty to do the same. I'm just not expecting...much.
And you don't think that between now, and then, they'll you know... get a big street sweeper out and clean the track up?

You did see the state that Korea was in last year, right? You're lucky they even have kerbs laid!

Mr.S
Mr.S

Yea they are cleaning the track,pit-lane almost daily but due to some bits of construction left you have the dust. The lap by Jaani took place quite a while back,like 4-5 days ago. They promised to complete the minor bits of construction immediately & clean up the track almost on a daily basis like it is an emergency.

If you look at it,15-20 days ago the track was nowhere with huge contruction & I did not believe it will get completed in time & so did many other fans. Evem Bernie admitted the same,but they pumped in a lot of money,worked extra shift & got it covered.

Charlie will be there,as will Bernie & maybe Jean & the teams so if there are any concerns they will forward it to the relevant authorities immediately & action will be taken.

raymondu999

beelsebob wrote:
Trailer23 wrote:

And you don't think that between now, and then, they'll you know... get a big street sweeper out and clean the track up?

You did see the state that Korea was in last year, right? You're lucky they even have kerbs laid!
Even in the Singapore GP a fleet of 15 or so street sweepers come out after every session (except the race of course) and sweep the whole circuit.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

wesley123
wesley123

Trailer23 wrote:Do you think that Karun Chandhok should get a chance to race in the IndianGP this week alongside fellow countryman Narain Karthikeyan?
Chandok should drive in the place of Karthikeyan
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

beelsebob
beelsebob

wesley123 wrote:
Trailer23 wrote:Do you think that Karun Chandhok should get a chance to race in the IndianGP this week alongside fellow countryman Narain Karthikeyan?
Chandok should drive in the place of Karthikeyan
Uhhh, he's not even at the same team. Last I heard Trully will be asked to stand aside for him. Liuzzi will be asked to stand aside for Karthikeyan.