Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
stadi
stadi

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

Pierce89

wesley123 wrote:Image

Look at here, the end plate is an continuous surface, seems to be mimiching the Red Bull sollution.
I'm not so sure. To my eye the front part of end plate seems to curl out halfway back just like on the old wing.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Hail22

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

Notice the shaft/pilon of the front wing has a cut/curve in it? possibly a new aero concept?
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

jdlyon
jdlyon

Does anyone else think that the sidepods look like the 2009 Redbull / Toro Rosso?

http://imagesf1.com/2009/toro/1.jpg

wesley123
wesley123

It is clearly not broking up. If that was the case there at least should have been lighting suggesting a turn. This is not seen on the pic, however the rear end of the front wing has lighter tone than the front, suggesting a slow bend.

Mimicking the solution of Red Bull or not, it s clearly a new front wing, being three piece, the slot in the ned plate can be seen.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Locked until car launch.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

atanatizante

pocketmoon wrote:I'm bored :)

Definitely a bigger cannon exit ...
Bigger RW endplates now sporting a 3 and 1/2 vents.
New turning vanes also.
On W02 you could see the inside of the tyre wall (on the left one), now it`s certainly something in that area ...
Also you could see that the inside endplate of the left FW has a big cut and now is everything continuous.
There are vents near the top rear wishbone?
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

yener

Michael and Nico came out with different cars. The Rear wing on Michael's SD is still the old one.

Adrian Newey is curious what Mercedes AMG is hiding.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2747 ... es-launch/
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

PlatinumZealot

ForMuLaOne wrote:Image

I do not really understand how Mercedes would like to change this nose quickly ( if it was damaged for example) if you watch the connection point of the nose, the fine line where it is plugged to the chassis: Don`t you think that the suspension arms (or how you name them, please tell me :D ) are too far in front of that? I mean every other car has a connection point that divides those arms in the middle, so that one half of the hole where the suspension arms go into the chassis, is in the chassis itself, the other part of the hole is in the nose. The W 03 shows both arms in front of the connection point. So maybe we will see another nose in barcelona... Do you get what i mean? Cannot describe it in a better way, sorry.
The chassis extends to near the bottom of the step methinks.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

pocketmoon wrote:I'm bored :)

I was bored..
I did this..
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXoDZ1Mtjy8[/youtube]

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

Loving this quote by Adrian Newey about the new Merc..
"If it comes out and goes three seconds quicker than anybody else, yes of course," he is quoted by Reuters.
GOD I HOPE HE IS RIGHT for once! HAHAH :lol:

Hail22

Adrian Newey was too busy using Webber as a spy tool when the W03 went out for filming.

Anyways, i noticed a curve above the plate of the front wing i thought it was my own eyes stuffing up but it looks like a semi-bowl design to possible scoop air to the new sleek side-pods?
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

Hail22 wrote:Adrian Newey was too busy using Webber as a spy tool when the W03 went out for filming.

Anyways, i noticed a curve above the plate of the front wing i thought it was my own eyes stuffing up but it looks like a semi-bowl design to possible scoop air to the new sleek side-pods?
I've noticed that too.. the front wing endplate, seems to have a "concave" or parabolic dip in the middle

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

Scarb's Tweeted:
Here's my illustration of the 'shakedown' Mercedes W03:
http://yfrog.com/z/h66zmbmj

Fredy4
Fredy4

Why would MS and NR use different specs?

Its not like you can compare when its two different drivers?