HRT 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Huntresa
Huntresa

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth

hrt wrote:Looks like we are gong to be in the pre-season, also its looks so Much better than 2010, when they didnt have the drivers :o !!! We can say that Thesan is doing a great job, who do u think that is going to be the second driver?? For me the best one is one from redbull or Liuzzi.
Just giving money to something doesnt mean it will be better or go faster in this equation, espec not with PDLR

Pandamasque

Re: Hispania Racing Team

Didn't Liuzzi have a 2 year deal with them?

hrt
hrt

Huntresa wrote:
hrt wrote:Just giving money to something doesnt mean it will be better or go faster in this equation, espec not with PDLR
Is difficult to do a worse season, I'm optimist and I think that they will be easy in front of both virgings, if HRT with 34millions were a little bit slower than virgin I think that with 50-60 millions and KERS will be easy to be in front in 2012.
Pandamasque wrote:Didn't Liuzzi have a 2 year deal with them?
We don't know it yet, but I don't think so. But the way he is good option. Why not??

Petroltorque
Petroltorque

I agree I don't think that HRT can depend on De la Rosa's experience to move the team forward as I'm afraid he's just not quick enough. The team will only move forward if the design team produce a good chassis and they have the wherewithall to run a development program.
For all the money it would take to find half a second a lap in development it makes sense to just hire a driver who's half a second quicker. That is keep Luizzi or find a young talented hot shoe.

Twaddle
Twaddle

I think putting PDLR in the car is a good move at this point. When your cars are off the pace to the point that you're pretty much guaranteed to come home filling the last two places no matter who you put in them and you don't have in-season testing, it seems perfectly reasonable to put a good development driver into a race seat.

For the other seat you need to find either somebody to bring in some cash to allow more development, or somebody who can reliably get the maximum possible out of the car to give you the best chance of a higher placed finish than the teams you're chasing. How you look to balance cash vs speed would depend on your financial situation. No point having the development driver in the car if you have no funds to produce new designs and new parts.

Petroltorque
Petroltorque

But there's no such thing as a development driver. What teams want from a driver is accurate feeback and consistent lap times.
With limited testing ome needs someone who can still extract the maximum from an ill handling car.

hrt
hrt

Of course that pedro can not move forward the team if it doesn't have enough monay, that is why Liuzzi can not remain in the team, for me the best option in the second car is Van Garde, his sponsor Mc.Gregor could pay 5-4 millions and dont for get kathikeyan like 3 driver he can pay 2-3 millions with TATA.

Petroltorque
Petroltorque

In my opinion putting De La Rosa as lead driver in place of Luizzi is a mistake. Luizzi has his faults but no-one doubts his speed. You can't say the same about PDR. Unlike at McLaren he won't driving for a team with a car advantage.
As for Van Der Garde, let's hope not. For a driver with a large enough budget to buy a competitive advantage in GP2. He didn't win a single race in the series in 2011.

wesley123
wesley123

hrt wrote:Of course that pedro can not move forward the team if it doesn't have enough monay, that is why Liuzzi can not remain in the team, for me the best option in the second car is Van Garde, his sponsor Mc.Gregor could pay 5-4 millions and dont for get kathikeyan like 3 driver he can pay 2-3 millions with TATA.
If I'm correct you can rather go towards the 20 mil for Kartikeyan.

As for Van der Garde, I cannot even see why anyone even considers him. There are dozens of drivers who have both more money and more talent than he does. In his career he won like 4 times, drove 3 season GP2 and in all 3 he was quite disappointing. Apart from that, when things go wrong it is enver his fault, he is lazy and now when it matters the most he thinks he can just laid back and thinks he showed enough results.

It seems the Dutch press has more talk in the paddock than I thought, you do not ask a Dutchman to rate another one because they cannot. They still cannot seem to understand that Jos Verstappen's career went out nothing because he wasnt quick enough and still think that Christian Albers deserves a place in a top team because he is that good. Not to mention they think they can now win the European Championship easily because they went well in the 2010 World Championship while the soccer team has been disappointing too. The only driver that has a chance of becoming a little bit succesful is Nick de Vries, apart from that they are all too slow.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

hrt
hrt

Probably you both are correct, but in my opinion Liuzzi is not better than PDLR his experience is much bigger than Liuzzi's one, and that is exactly what a small team need.

he cant do anything if the team has not money so if van garden bring with him an intersting amout of money and hrt can win some for 2013 when the team is doing the biggest step is good, my opinion.

Today was talking with one friend about bianchi, isnt a secret that ferrari wants him racing soon, what do u guys thing about him??

hrt
hrt

Colin Kolles is out!!!!This is starting to work:)

http://www.hispaniaracing.com/news.php?nid=609

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

Agag from Barwa Addax could be his replacement.

Pandamasque

But who will replace the TEAM Kolles? As much as I dislike Kolles, now HRT have nothing but an entry with a stupid name and a few CAD files :) And Pedro de la Rosa, of course.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

HRT have pretty much bought everything of Kolles now.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

New Team Personnel:-

Business Development Director - Óscar Leyva

Team Manager - Carlos Nunes