Brazilian GP 2011 - Interlagos

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

Re: Brazilian GP 2011 - Interlagos

Wasn't there a stupid idea a while back floating around? Something about putting in a chicane somewhere? Can't remember where I saw that though
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

kalinka
kalinka

There were some serious incidents recently on this track >

"Interlagos, the home of the Brazilian Grand Prix, has seen its second fatal crash in as many weeks.
Paulo Kunze died this morning from injuries sustained in a crash at the circuit on Sunday. The 67-year-old’s Stock Paulista car hit the barriers at Curva do Sol and rolled several times.
It comes two weeks after Gustavo Sondermann lost his life following a crash on the start/finish straight.
In the wake of Sondermann’s crash the race organisers announced changes to the run-off at the circuit in time for this year’s F1 race."

article from April 2011.

Any details ?
Last edited by kalinka on 18 Nov 2011, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.

beelsebob
beelsebob

kalinka wrote:There were some serious incidents recently on this track >

"Interlagos, the home of the Brazilian Grand Prix, has seen its second fatal crash in as many weeks.
Paulo Kunze died this morning from injuries sustained in a crash at the circuit on Sunday. The 67-year-old’s Stock Paulista car hit the barriers at Curva do Sol and rolled several times.
It comes two weeks after Gustavo Sondermann lost his life following a crash on the start/finish straight.
In the wake of Sondermann’s crash the race organisers announced changes to the run-off at the circuit in time for this year’s F1 race."

This happend in April 2011.

Any details ?
I'm reasonably sure that the only changes were the addition of SAFER barrier around turn 14.

MikeFromCanada

For those wanting to read up on the accident back in April:

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/04/ ... nterlagos/

Also, this is what I have found on the topic of circuit adjustments. This is from back in April mind you.
Apr.13 (GMM) Brazilian authorities have confirmed reports that a decision has been made to alter the Curva do Cafe corner ahead of this year's grand prix at Interlagos.

Stock car driver Gustavo Sondermann's death after bouncing off the wall back onto the racing line was the third fatality at the high speed left-hand bend in four years.

Agencia Estado reports that the decision to demolish a section of grandstand and install an inclined run-off area was taken jointly by the Brazilian federation CBA, the administrators of the circuit and the city of Sao Paulo.

The proposal will now be sent to the FIA, after which an inspector will visit the circuit to approve the works.

It is expected that the change will be completed by August, in time for a stock car race and well in advance of the F1 season finale.
http://www.newsonf1.com/mobile/2011/new ... _race.html

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Fanboy posts will be "relocated" as usual if it continues this way. ;)
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Are teams allowed to run pitot tubes and similar equipment during a GP weekend? It would be interesting to see them use the FP's as legitimate test sessions.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

raymondu999

mx_tifosi wrote:Are teams allowed to run pitot tubes and similar equipment during a GP weekend? It would be interesting to see them use the FP's as legitimate test sessions.
I believe so. McLaren in 2009 rings a bell...
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

FW17

MikeFromCanada wrote:For those wanting to read up on the accident back in April:

Also, this is what I have found on the topic of circuit adjustments. This is from back in April mind you.
Apr.13 (GMM) Brazilian authorities have confirmed reports that a decision has been made to alter the Curva do Cafe corner ahead of this year's grand prix at Interlagos.

Stock car driver Gustavo Sondermann's death after bouncing off the wall back onto the racing line was the third fatality at the high speed left-hand bend in four years.

Agencia Estado reports that the decision to demolish a section of grandstand and install an inclined run-off area was taken jointly by the Brazilian federation CBA, the administrators of the circuit and the city of Sao Paulo.

The proposal will now be sent to the FIA, after which an inspector will visit the circuit to approve the works.

It is expected that the change will be completed by August, in time for a stock car race and well in advance of the F1 season finale.
I remember a proposal where the pits are moved to the Reta Oposta (the straight after the Senna S and Curva do sol), the straight continues to beyond the lake, uses the old Curva 3 and Juncao around the lake and joins back at Ferradura (current turn 6)

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

WilliamsF1 wrote:
MikeFromCanada wrote:For those wanting to read up on the accident back in April:

I remember a proposal where the pits are moved to the Reta Oposta (the straight after the Senna S and Curva do sol), the straight continues to beyond the lake, uses the old Curva 3 and Juncao around the lake and joins back at Ferradura (current turn 6)

*SNIP*

At Interlagos, they have to find arround €50m to get the track up to standard for 2014 for when its contract is up for renewal.

The improvments are detailed as followed:

* Re location of the pit complex to Reta Oposita straight
* Pit complex to be of standard of arround new Silverstone/Suzuka ones.
* New pit straight to be lengthened to arround 940m from its current 780m
* Grandtsand at current T4 to be demolished to accomodate this
* Track to be brought closer to 4.8km from its current 4.3
* Track to go arround lake and join on current T5 so to make Ferradura a hardrner
* Bico Del Plato to be reprofiled to a shorter style to allow embankment works at Subdia dos boxes to make that corner flatter/straighter
* This should increase lap time from arround 1:14 to 1:16 range to 1:22 to 1:25 range and reduce laps down from 70 to roughly 64.
* General improvement in drainage as Curva do Sol and Merghullo are bad in the wet, propper un-driveavle.

Interlagos is a track that needs an update, and if it did theese updates, i think the track would be a real test, it would be an engine breaker last race, and a race that teams would have to go one way, optomise for the straights and loose time in the twists or optomise for the twists and be compromised in the straights. Also with the weather system at Interlagos, anything is posible. It would give us one hell of a track that Brazil could be proud of.

Seemingly Interlagos is going to start with improvements it can do as soon as early next year when it has time.
Last edited by Giblet on 22 Nov 2011, 00:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quoted image

raymondu999

Source: Williams F1

RACE
Number of Laps: 71
Lap Distance: 4.309km
Race Distance: 306km
Circuit Direction: Anti-Clockwise

FUEL
Fuel Consumption: 2.0kg / lap
Fuel Laptime Penalty: 0.2s / 10kg

CIRCUIT
Top Speed: 312kph
Average Speed: 208kph
Average Corner Speed: 120kph
Longest Straight: 1394 metres

WEATHER
Air Temperature: 25C
Track Temperature: 34C
Air Pressure: 926 mbar
Humidity: 56%
Altitude: 750 metres above sea level

TYRES
Prime Tyre (spec / colour): Medium / White
Option Tyre (spec / colour): Soft / Yellow

STRATEGY
Safety Cars: 0.9 average per race
Pit Loss: 20 seconds
Pitlane Length: 385 metres

ENGINE
Power Loss: 13%
Full Throttle: 64% of lap

AERO
Downforce Level: High (Low to Maximum)
Cooling Requirement: Medium (Low to High)

CHASSIS
Set-up Priority: Traction and mid-corner grip
Brake Severity: Medium (Low to Very High)
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Giblet
Giblet

Posts where seemingly intelligent people are all attempting to argue and quantify which driver is 'the best' have been moved to the sometimes interesting and always sarcastic "Fanboy Ying Yang Thread".

Please take your bickering over drivers there.

Notice after I removed all the other claptrap, there is less than two pages of posts about the actual topic.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Shrieker

Giblet wrote:Posts where seemingly intelligent people
Priceless :P :lol:
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Definitely looks like rain this weekend!! Going to make for an interesting few days. :D

Mr Alcatraz

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Definitely looks like rain this weekend!! Going to make for an interesting few days. :D

Image It’s still early on but it is starting to look like it may be wet all three days.

http://www.formula1.com/default.html
http://www.weather.com/weather/extended ... e=CityPage
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

xzolien
xzolien

Is the track layout still the same from last year or is it now like that picture posted above?