Brazilian GP 2011 - Interlagos

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Mr Alcatraz

Re: Brazilian GP 2011 - Interlagos

I think what really matters is if, and who go for a wet race set-up, or a set up that will deliver the best overall time without going off, but is fast on slicks on a dying dry track. Interlagos can be knarley when it's wet! :twisted:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

beelsebob
beelsebob

Mr Alcatraz wrote:I think what really matters is if, and who go for a wet race set-up, or a set up that will deliver the best overall time without going off, but is fast on slicks on a dying dry track. Interlagos can be knarley when it's wet! :twisted:
The current forecast is for showers to begin just with qualifying starting, and for a decent amount of rain pre-1300 on sunday. Should be fun :D

Mr Alcatraz

beelsebob wrote:
Mr Alcatraz wrote:I think what really matters is if, and who go for a wet race set-up, or a set up that will deliver the best overall time without going off, but is fast on slicks on a dying dry track. Interlagos can be knarley when it's wet! :twisted:
The current forecast is for showers to begin just with qualifying starting, and for a decent amount of rain pre-1300 on sunday. Should be fun :D
I thought they expected it to be dry tomorrow.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

beelsebob
beelsebob

Mr Alcatraz wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
I thought they expected it to be dry tomorrow.
They did... but then they also expected wet today before that. The forecasts seem to be changing pretty rapidly at the moment. I think it's just a matter of whether the showers happen to pass over the track or not.

ringo

Hamilton is sporting a new design for his helmet this weekend, as he remembers the late great Ayrton Senna, Brazil's three-time Formula One World Champ.

"For Brazil this weekend I wanted to create and wear a special helmet utilising Ayrton Senna's design - I asked Ayrton' sister, Viviane, if I could use it, and she said yes.

"It's my helmet design on the front and Ayrton's on the back. I used the green lining that Ayrton used on his helmet too - I had to order that especially.

"It's a very special edition, it's a real honour to be able to wear it, and hopefully we'll raise some money for the Senna Foundation too."

barichello's

bulky's
For Sure!!

raymondu999

Why this year in specific and not before? Is it the 20th anniversary of his 1991 WDC?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

raymondu999

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

allstaruk08
allstaruk08

is anybody else watching the live timing on the mclaren website? looking at their speed on the final straight (or last 3 corners) hamiltons speed increased straight upto 189mph then the next lap there was pauses in the speed going up and made it to 183mph and around that for the next few laps, i know it could be delays in the speed being sent but could it show that they are sandbagging?

beelsebob
beelsebob

Has anyone been able to see whether the top 4's times were done on primes or options – I could have sworn I saw primes on, but the times seem to reflect options.

raymondu999

I don't think I've seen any options around as of yet to be honest. But I could be wrong.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

beelsebob
beelsebob

So the commentators are saying that Buemi is going for a full-wet set up... I wonder if he's trying to pull a vettel.

raymondu999

"Pull a Vettel?"
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

beelsebob
beelsebob

raymondu999 wrote:"Pull a Vettel?"
Manage to win in a torro rosso due to making different decisions to everyone else and the race being wet.

DRCorsa
DRCorsa

I think that would be too much of a risk, given that they have to fight with Sauber for 7th place.

ajdavison2
ajdavison2

So pole predictions? I'm going to throw it out there and say borderline 1:12:1