HRT F112 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.

Will HRT be in Q2 in 2012?

Yes - at the start of the Season
5%
Yes - by Germany
7%
No - not in 2012
54%
Never!
34%

Total votes: 307

cbbcisace

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth

They will be ready for the preseasons test, they may miss Jerez but will definitely at Barcelona.

Mr.S

cbbcisace wrote:They will be ready for the preseasons test, they may miss Jerez but will definitely at Barcelona.
I dont see them even racing in Australia. I heard reports that they fired all employees or most of them after relocating to Spain. They barely started work in september late. They debuted their car in Australia last season in the 1sr race & were last or 12th. This time they said they are looking to take a step backwards from last year,from their already last position. God Bless them :D

With Kolles gone they will need plenty of blessings.

wesley123

cbbcisace wrote:They will be ready for the preseasons test, they may miss Jerez but will definitely at Barcelona.
How unexpecting, then around Jerez they state they might miss Barcelona andare barely ready for the season opener, again.

Honestly, I do not care if a team is deadlast or whatever, but this team is barely working on a formula 3 level.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

cbbcisace

I'm not going to even respond with a sensible post to that.

Employees left as they all had contracts withn Kolles and not HRT

So Mercedes not turning up to the Jerez makes them unworthy?

Mr.S

cbbcisace wrote:I'm not going to even respond with a sensible post to that.

Do you work for HRT :mrgreen:

I cant believe you are comparing Mercedes with HRT. Mercedes are looking to make a championship winning car,HRT are looking to take the step back from being the 12 or 13th fastest car. Anyways I cant believe how employees are contracted to the Team Principal & not the team.

Weird. BTW Mclaren missed the 1st test,was the 2nd strongest car & won 6 races. Before that Brawn & RBR wont the title. You must miss for the right reasons. Maybe Merc will fail badly but atleast they are trying to win the title & would atleast be 4th fastest. HRT?????

cbbcisace

no HRT ties for me.

Just want to put some perspective in this.

HRT have £35m to spend whilst everyone above them spend more, no wonder it may be a struggle for them.

I always found it weird that the staff were Kolles - guess that is why HRT wanted to start fresh with Spanish Personnel.

I'll ask another question, what is going on with Marussia? nothing being announced from them yet and they are going to be spending the same amount of money as well.

Mr.S

cbbcisace wrote:no HRT ties for me.

Just want to put some perspective in this.

HRT have £35m to spend whilst everyone above them spend more, no wonder it may be a struggle for them.

I always found it weird that the staff were Kolles - guess that is why HRT wanted to start fresh with Spanish Personnel.

I'll ask another question, what is going on with Marussia? nothing being announced from them yet and they are going to be spending the same amount of money as well.
Yes Marussia gets spared a lot of flak. I know but HRT love publicity now dont they. Marussia are smart enough to keep a low profile. HRT declare they WANT to take a step backwards from the last place. Who deserves more bashing.

Besides Kolles was doing a great job IMO with whatever resources he had.

cbbcisace

I feel HRT are trying to prove themselves.

They need to get the new car to the Jerez test and just prove that it is a decent car.

Don't forget they will be using KERS for the first time, which will take sometime to get use to, I believe some Williams KERS engineers have gone across to HRT to be with them.

Kolles really pulled a miracle off really, he was using Super Aguri Resources he bought when they folded and he was using pit crew/technician's he used for his DTM effort, so I can't doubt that, that is why HRT Owners have said they hare starting from Zero again, because majority of the pit crew/technicians will be new to the team.

wesley123

cbbcisace wrote:I'm not going to even respond with a sensible post to that.

There is a lot of difference between HRT and Mercedes on this point.

A simple one is Mercedes always have said that they would not make Jerez with the new car, HRT said they would be3 there with the new car.

And as for last year, they said exactly the same; 'We're gonna show up with a from scratch designed car at the first test'. How it turned out to be? HRT being lucky that Bahrein was scrapped else they wouldnt even 'compete' in the 2011 Formula 1 world championship. Oh and the car, it didnt feature a new tub like promised.

How things look now, I honestly doubt they make Australia. With most of the staff gone.

After 2 years you'd expect them to at least run an professional effort, but this is rather amateurish
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

cbbcisace

How do think look? do you mean relocation etc.

The new car has been designed since September.

With regards to staff, they have replaced staff gone, otherwise why would you let them go?

If you remember this time last year, the F111 had been designed since December, so you are adding 3 months to things already.

I agree with the Mercedes part of your post and yes the F111 tubs was a re hash of the F110 tub, but have you read the quote from Eeckleart re "we have thrown the Dallara design away as it wasn't good enough in the first 2 years" that should give some idea that its going to be a new tub + it has to be a new tub as the size dimensions have to be different for the 2012 regs.

hrt
hrt

Is always nice to see someone that have any idea about HRT and also F1, thank you "cbbcisace".

The rest of u is clear that u guys have not any --- idea how HRT is going on or is not, what do we now about Virgin, did they say anything about the team or staff? Did they say anything about the car? Did they say thank you to all the people that is saying that virging is better than HRT but they have finished last two years consecutive?

I have not idea how the pp here see the F1, probably with the eyes close because is impossible to cannot see it.

marcush.

this really depends on what kolles had already on stream and who those contractors are bound to ,HRT or Kolles.
Clearly the development was far advanced when kolles left and surely he had all suppliers and schedules ready .
But will the new people have access to all that information and are they even involved enough to track and chase all the parts necessary to build the car and stock when they seem to have all their hands full building a facility and recruiting the workforce...

cbbcisace

The tub contract being built is with the Holzer Gruppe in Germany.

I believe HRT as an Entity had everything off Kolles 3-4 months before he left, so this surely would have been enough time to track things.

Don't forget one thing, this temporary base just keeps the cars and all office/race personnel together, the Design team is in Munich, so everything is still being designed there.

I follow 1 guy on twitter, who tweeted the other day that he was up and down the autobahn with new HRT car parts, so i asked him what the deal was and he said his company has been contracted by HRT to help them.

HRT are still advertising for a few positions:-

NDT Technician
Head of Electrical Design
Electronic Technician
Track Aero Engineer
Race Engineer
IT Engineer
System Engineer

marcush.

you sure can´t recruit personel when it´s time to assemble the cars and get everything ready and prepared for the first test ?

cbbcisace

I agree and I have contacted HRT to see if they are still recruiting these positions.