HRT F112 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.

Will HRT be in Q2 in 2012?

Yes - at the start of the Season
5%
Yes - by Germany
7%
No - not in 2012
54%
Never!
34%

Total votes: 307

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth

hrt wrote:http://www.hispaniaracing.com/news.php?nid=617

They are on the right path 8)
A deal worth between €200,000 to €500,000 per year would be my estimate, and most of that will be non cash. Probably so they can equip their new HQ in Valencia or more probable a new HQ in Madrid out.

Id not read too much into it. Yes its a step in the right direction, but im waiting for a deal at least 20 times that one, something in the region of €10m plus to give me more faith and confedence and a sure-ity about the team.

Still waiting on that deal.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

Would that deal be in the form of Van Der Garde and McGregor or along those lines...

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Ideally.

MaCgressor isnt on the Williams shirt this year, so id say its a Posibility for GvG to be in the car as he has at least €6m to spend.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

I hear he had around €15m to be at HRT.

bill shoe
bill shoe

ESPImperium wrote:Hispania was funded to the ammount of $68m last year, $59 in cash and $9m from non cash forms.
I highly respect any estimate or info that ESPImperium puts up, but I am very skeptical that HRT spent $59 million in cash last year. That is an order of magnitude more than a mid-field Indycar team in the USA, and I don't see how HRT's performance represents an order of magnitude increase over a mid-field Indycar team. Keep in mind that most of a typical Indycar budget is spend on tires and engines (similar cost to F1) and crash damage (much higher than F1). There is no way I believe $59 million cash to keep those year-old Dallaras putting around at the back of the field. Seriously, I am a fan of the underdog, but $59 million no way. Reality check.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Those figures come from the F1 Black Book by Sports Pro magazine.

Remember those year old Dallaras wernt year old, they were build to CarboTech in Austria and the only bit that wasnt new was the top wafer and roll hoop. They had to have the new side defelction pannels in them for 2011.

It cost them money to buy equiptment from Kolles as well, they have seemingly spent a chunk on all the stuff from Kolles. Also they updated the F111 3 times, even though it looked roughly the same end season to start season.

Id say that alot of last years cash was spent unwisely and alot went to Carbonbate before he sold the team. we will see what Thessan can do this year on a simmilar budget.

Coefficient
Coefficient

ESPImperium wrote: Id say that alot of last years cash was spent unwisely and alot went to Carbonbate before he sold the team. we will see what Thessan can do this year on a simmilar budget.
Carbonbate? Do you mean Carabantes?

I think you're correct here, as I recall Carabantes took control of the team with assurances and clauses that would allow him to recoup his investment through seizing of capital/assets upon sale/transfer of ownership. A break even guarantee of sorts.
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Theres where most of the money has done then.

Francesc
Francesc

ESPImperium wrote:Ideally.

MaCgressor isnt on the Williams shirt this year, so id say its a Posibility for GvG to be in the car as he has at least €6m to spend.
Yes they're

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

I stand corrected, i never saw that pic at all.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

It's quite a small sponsor for Williams where it could a huge one for HRT

beelsebob
beelsebob

So HRT now say that they've hit "critical delays" and that the car will be ready for the first race. They also say the rumors of using an F111 are false.

To me, this is a sign that we're not actually going to see them on the grid at all in 2012.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

Read the article, F111 for the 1st test, F112 for the 2nd test, not for the 1st race.

raymondu999

I read that theyd have F112 from the second test, and that will start the season; but I didn't read that the F111 would be the first test?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

beelsebob
beelsebob

raymondu999 wrote:I read that theyd have F112 from the second test, and that will start the season; but I didn't read that the F111 would be the first test?
It was a rumor that they'd asked the FIA to allow them to use the F111, not at the first test, but at the first 4 races. HRT have felt the need to deny it, which to me says TRUE in big bold letters.