Jos Verstappen: "Schumacher used TC in 1994"

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
waynes
waynes

Re: Jos Verstappen: "Schumacher used TC in 1994"

may i ask who your favourite driver is, given that it wasnt Senna.

elmerfud
elmerfud

johnny herbert, he shook everybodys hand and he loved the job.

cossie
cossie

Kinda hard to believe him, his credibility isn't to good and being a person who beats women:idea: :idea:

The Dutchman has a history of such accusations, having been found guilty of assault on his ex-wife in 2008 and of GBH following a fight with rival kart circuit customers in 2000. He did not serve a jail term in either case, but may do following the latest incident, in which De Standaard reports claim that he struck a 24-year old ex-girlfriend with his car, leaving her with 'heavy bruises and abrasions', before fleeing the scene.

waynes
waynes

elmerfud wrote:johnny herbert, he shook everybodys hand and he loved the job.

:lol:

good one

Pierce89

Tyler wrote:In the latest twist in the saga, Verstappen has been charged with manslaughter.
It seems as if any further interviews he partakes in will be from the confines of a prion cell.
http://www.yallaf1.com/2012/01/08/verst ... ment-27762
reading this article makes me yearn for "Jos Verstappen vs Mike Tyson prison grudge match"
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Rob W

Aside from Verstappen's claims it seemed a relatively common belief in the paddock during the early 00s that Schumacher also benefited from having special tyres made just for him. It was in every way in Bridgestone's interest to have him continue to dominate once the tyre wars began. Whether or not anyone backed this up is another thing - but it was mentioned many times.

strad

elmerfud wrote:johnny herbert, he shook everybodys hand and he loved the job.
Well we have at least one thing in common. Met Johnny,,a very nice man and dedicated driver.
Never on Sennas level sorry to say but the only one I've known with so much heart.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

lombers
lombers

Wow I made the mistake of reading this thread, it's getting rather epic.

The only point I will make is that this is F1 racing. For years teams and drivers have "cheated", used loopholes or gained advantages wherever they can be found. Some are legal, some are borderline and some probably illegal, but it's common practise in a sport where finding this advantage can result in a championship winning car.

Who knows if MSC used TC or not. The reality is the Benetton team in 94 used every advantage they could find to make their car better. They also used this dud called Michael Schumacher who went on to win a few more world championships.

They certainly weren't the first driver / team to take this approach, and they most certainly won't be the last.

snoop1050
snoop1050

didnt the fia determine the sensors needed for the Tc software to actually work had never been used on a race weekend?

Caito
Caito

They could make the TC work determining speed from the pressure on the airbox.

Specifically what sensors the fia checked? Do you know?
Come back 747, we miss you!!

SeijaKessen

lombers wrote:Wow I made the mistake of reading this thread, it's getting rather epic.

The only point I will make is that this is F1 racing. For years teams and drivers have "cheated", used loopholes or gained advantages wherever they can be found. Some are legal, some are borderline and some probably illegal, but it's common practise in a sport where finding this advantage can result in a championship winning car.

Who knows if MSC used TC or not. The reality is the Benetton team in 94 used every advantage they could find to make their car better. They also used this dud called Michael Schumacher who went on to win a few more world championships.

They certainly weren't the first driver / team to take this approach, and they most certainly won't be the last.
You do know that Benetton was on the verge of being kicked out of the World Championship in 1994 for cheating?

That is, until Mosely stepped in and rigged the FIA hearing in October 1994 in Benetton's favor.

Illegal launch control software was found on the B-194 at the San Marino GP.

The French Grand Prix saw Schumacher perform the most perfect starting grid launch in F1 history. I've never seen any F1 driver in history get the kind of launch Schumacher had.

There was the illegal fuel rig that was used for half the season that culminated in mechanics nearly getting burned to death at Hockenheim that year.

One of the Benetton mechanics years later said Schumacher's B-194 "had everything but cruise control".

If any true disciplinary action had been taken against Benetton and Schumacher, there's a good chance Michael Schumacher may not have won any World Championships in his career.

He should have been kicked out of F1 for the stunt he pulled at Jerez in '97 against Jacques Villeneuve at any rate.

timbo
timbo

SeijaKessen wrote:The French Grand Prix saw Schumacher perform the most perfect starting grid launch in F1 history. I've never seen any F1 driver in history get the kind of launch Schumacher had.
Going from 3rd to 1st is the most perfect start? You're kidding?

aduka11
aduka11

timbo wrote:
SeijaKessen wrote:The French Grand Prix saw Schumacher perform the most perfect starting grid launch in F1 history. I've never seen any F1 driver in history get the kind of launch Schumacher had.
Man thats hilarious :lol: :lol:

He's trying to point out that Schumacher started race from 3rd and went up to 1st place..by using TC/LC.. :lol: :lol:

By your logic....

Check the Schumacher start at Interlagos...

Lemme help you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSbLyEUyATQ

Now if he had starting assist, would he start like that?
He should have been kicked out of F1 for the stunt he pulled at Jerez in '97 against Jacques Villeneuve at any rate
Didnt Senna do the same to Prost?
Last edited by aduka11 on 06 Mar 2012, 11:02, edited 1 time in total.

myurr
myurr

timbo wrote:
In 20 metres with more fuel on board, then yeah it's a pretty darned good start. Watch a video of it and it's like watching a totally different class of car.

Edit: I should add that this doesn't mean it was launch control. It could have just been a damned good start. Personally I do think that Benetton were using illegal stuff on the car at various points throughout that year, but that's just personal opinion.

snoop1050
snoop1050

schumacher used TC in 2011 aswell far to many good starts! maybe someone should inform the FIA..... (roll eyes)
They could make the TC work determining speed from the pressure on the airbox.

Specifically what sensors the fia checked? Do you know?
and how do they determine the pressure on the airbox?

the software was found in the ecu nothing needed to make it actually work was