Jos Verstappen: "Schumacher used TC in 1994"

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

Re: Jos Verstappen: "Schumacher used TC in 1994"

SeijaKessen wrote:Illegal launch control software was found on the B-194 at the San Marino GP.
As has been said countless times, it was never proven to have been used.
The French Grand Prix saw Schumacher perform the most perfect starting grid launch in F1 history. I've never seen any F1 driver in history get the kind of launch Schumacher had.
I imagine you havn't watched many F1 races. I suppose Hakkinen was using lauch control for this start:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3hfCUd14V4[/youtube]

and Alesi also used it for this start:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GaonEaT31U[/youtube]

And i suppose Schumacher forgot to use his launch control earlier in the season in 1994:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSbLyEUyATQ[/youtube]

...you get my drift.

SeijaKessen

Does anyone here actually dispute that Benetton was cheating throughout 1994?

Giblet
Giblet

SeijaKessen wrote:Does anyone here actually dispute that Benetton was cheating throughout 1994?
No because they were caught. The only thing we are supposed to be discussing in this thread is what is unknown. Nobody can "know" 100% that he did use it.

I watched that season as it unfolded, and it was very popular yet unproven opinion that MS used the TC on the car.

Empirically, we will never know. Logically, most think he used it.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

snoop1050
snoop1050

Giblet wrote:
SeijaKessen wrote:Does anyone here actually dispute that Benetton was cheating throughout 1994?
I watched that season as it unfolded, and it was very popular yet unproven opinion that MS used the TC on the car.
no it wasnt its just something that has snow balled over the years mostly from people who never even saw anything of the 90s other than what it says on wikipedia

strad

Just the opposite...Most of those that were around have no doubt...well except those who allow their opinions to be swayed by idolization of Schumacher.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Giblet
Giblet

snoop1050 wrote:
Giblet wrote:
no it wasnt its just something that has snow balled over the years mostly from people who never even saw anything of the 90s other than what it says on wikipedia
Been watching since 84. Just going off what I remember hearing during the 94 season.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

manchild
manchild

FIA retroactively investigated events that took place in 2008 after confession from Piquets, right?

Why doesn't FIA now retroactively investigate the events that took place in 1994? Even if suspicious parts of the Benetton car aren't existing anymore, modern technology - the sound analysis of TV footage from onboard camera of MSC car, could tell if car was using traction control or not.

viewtopic.php?t=2218

The problem is that FIA never hears what people from the team who bragged recently about "only not having a cruise control" said, or what Verstappen said. Same goes for what Pedro Lamy confessed about blackmail actions of Jean Todt towards Sauber team, in the name of Ferrari as engine manufacturer, during title deciding race in Jerez 1997.

An impartial organization would react immediately after those claims, and launch investigation instead of doing this:

There was never a hint of a season as corrupt as 1994 and there never was more unjust title given to any driver. Two previous disqualifications an yet FIA does nothing after MSC crashed in Hill. Decision that MSC and Benetton go unpunished, was a decision that killed F1 as it was known from 1950. What we are watching from Adelaide 1994. till now is a travesty, not the sport of any kind. https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=ca ... ZKEu1sKbtA
Last edited by manchild on 06 Mar 2012, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.

elmerfud
elmerfud

Good post manchild.

strad

At least someone has read Unmasking...I posted it before no one took notice. The fix was in.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

aduka11
aduka11

delete
Last edited by aduka11 on 07 Mar 2012, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.

aduka11
aduka11

lombers
lombers

A lot of people seem to be implying that Formula 1 was a clean sport before the 1994 season. Do you really honestly believe that up until this point in time everything was above board?

I guess before this teams never circumvented F1 rules?

I guess before this drivers never caused collisions to win races / championships?

I find it amusing how short people's memories are. You probably are trying to convince yourself that F1 is clean today...

Then the general public wonder why the sport has some of the stupidest and strictest rules of any sport in existence. It's because F1 is all about finding that one thing that no one else has that makes your car quicker. Call it whatever you want, a cheat, a loophole, even design genius.

Don't kid yourself though, people are ruthless when it comes to winning in F1 regardless of the cost.

Giblet
Giblet

You can be ruthless, but its is still cheating. If you get caught cheating, and that cheating becomes something that potentially helped kill Senna, and potentially set his own pit crew on fire is not in same scope and obviously something very serious. It goes beyond competion when you start endangering the lives of humans.

Also, you get caught with your hand in the cookie jar, you take your licks. If you commit a crime, you can't tell the judge "Well other people have killed people before and not got caught, why should I get in trouble?!?".

lombers
lombers

Too funny. I still can't believe people want to use this as one of the reasons contributing to Senna's death.

You talk about endangering lives in a thread about Formula 1 where for years there was little or no care for safety. Do you seriously believe that any team would want to cause damage to another human being? If this was the case then I guess all the cars in the history of Formula 1 that were ever involved in fatal accidents should have been banned.

Don't mistake F1 for being a fair and honest business without prejudice. You make it sound like everything is either black or white, but it couldn't be further from the truth. Formula 1 rules and regulations are taken as interpretations at the best of times, I'd say there's a few hundred shades of grey you haven't accounted for.

aduka11
aduka11

LoL so Hakkinen is petentially responsible for MS broken leg in 1999?