Jos Verstappen: "Schumacher used TC in 1994"

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Re: Jos Verstappen: "Schumacher used TC in 1994"

manchild wrote:
Decision that MSC and Benetton go unpunished, was a decision that killed F1 as it was known from 1950. What we are watching from Adelaide 1994. till now is a travesty, not the sport of any kind. https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=ca ... ZKEu1sKbtA

Senna's behaviour had kill F1 before Schumacher. Japan 90 or worse, Hungary 90 where both Mclaren drivers drove like stock car driver, for example.

aduka11
aduka11

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:
manchild wrote:
Decision that MSC and Benetton go unpunished, was a decision that killed F1 as it was known from 1950. What we are watching from Adelaide 1994. till now is a travesty, not the sport of any kind. https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=ca ... ZKEu1sKbtA

Senna's behaviour had kill F1 before Schumacher. Japan 90 or worse, Hungary 90 where both Mclaren drivers drove like stock car driver, for example.
Actually Senna holds F1 record for most Black flags in career.

Or manchild how about this?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbNLHGJUGTQ[/youtube]

Crabbia
Crabbia

Jos verstappen is not even a Has-been, he is a Never-was. this is just the rantings of a bitter old man.

This statement is about how he percieved his time racing 20 years ago. perception, time and an indefatigable ego make for some warped perceptions of reality.

i am a "young member of this forum" so i will not enter into the classic senna versus MS debate (although i have read enough of those on this forum alone to write a thesis). Nor will i comment on conspiracy theories as i was still playing with my transformers then but however i did find comparisons of MS to Fangio laughable. i mean come on really? even if there was a definitive answer to that would it prove anything? especially in relevance to the topic? would it really prove that MS isnt that great cause he is off the pace and fangio would have been? is that the logic? Seriously?

Take the statement from where it comes. a bitter twisted never was with nothing left in his life but his acrid tongue.

Contrast this with Eddie Irvine's opinions of MS. I'm not saying Eddie's statements carry more weight than JV's, i'm just saying the truth lies somewhere in the middle.
Last edited by Richard on 07 Mar 2012, 23:13, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed personal comments.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

SeijaKessen

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:
manchild wrote:

No it didn't. First of all...the thing so many people seem to forget when bringing up the tired example of Suzuka 1990 is that Senna did not crash into Prost. Look carefully at the video. He put himself in a position which happened to be Prost's blind spot...and if you watch as they go into the corner, Senna starts moving right, not left. If Prost keeps the gap open, nothing happens. Second there is a huge difference in Suzuka 1990 and anything Schumacher ever did. Schumacher purposely drove into people or brake-checked them into a wall.

There was no problem when Gilles Villeneuve and Rene Arnoux were battling it out wheel to wheel, making heavy contact on the last few laps at Dijon in 1979. Both men were not even mad at one another when the race was over, they were absolutely thrilled with the battle they had. Rene Arnoux has many fond memories of that battle 30 years later.

SeijaKessen

And for the record, see Schumacher also thought everyone on the track should give way to him. He was whining at the Brazilian GP in 1992 that Senna passed him!

He crashed right into Senna at the French Grand Prix.

Oh and here we have Schumacher's epic brakecheck of Hakkinen in 1990.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nWQm8lL_Bo[/youtube]

SeijaKessen

The point is that Schumacher was already a very dirty driver prior to 1994...so for him to go along with anything Flavio and Benetton wanted to do is not that far-fetched since his idea of looking for an advantage already involved wrecking people on purpose.

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

SeijaKessen wrote:And for the record, see Schumacher also thought everyone on the track should give way to him. He was whining at the Brazilian GP in 1992 that Senna passed him!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nWQm8lL_Bo[youtube]
This is not related to the topic of this thread. Please start a new thread if you want to discuss that.
Last edited by Richard on 07 Mar 2012, 23:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed video quoted from post above

SeijaKessen

Gerhard Berger wrote:
SeijaKessen wrote:And for the record, see Schumacher also thought everyone on the track should give way to him. He was whining at the Brazilian GP in 1992 that Senna passed him!

This is not related to the topic of this thread. Please start a new thread if you want to discuss that.

Gerhard, please address your comment to the person who mentioned Suzuka and Hungary 1990, which is what my comment was aimed at. Thank you for your consideration and time.

Edit: There is another person who chose to post a video of Ayrton at Monaco 1985 quali...you didn't address them either. So again, I thank you for your consideration.
Last edited by Richard on 07 Mar 2012, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed video quoted from post above

aduka11
aduka11

SeijaKessen wrote:
Gerhard Berger wrote:

Gerhard, please address your comment to the person who mentioned Suzuka and Hungary 1990, which is what my comment was aimed at. Thank you for your consideration and time.

Edit: There is another person who chose to post a video of Ayrton at Monaco 1985 quali...you didn't address them either. So again, I thank you for your consideration.
Schumacher had lot contraversy during his career, thats a fact(everyone is quite aware of it)...but some people like you and few of them are making a Villan out of him and Senna who did almost same things a Saint.

Its okay Michael had "Perfect" start in French GP...from 3rd to 1st...that must be a TC =D>
Last edited by aduka11 on 07 Mar 2012, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.

SeijaKessen

Senna never attempted to wreck 2 drivers (one successfully) in order to win a WDC.

Senna also never drove for a team that blatantly cheated for close to an entire season.

Senna never had the protection of the FIA president that Schumacher received. No one worried about alienating the Brazilian fans when Balestre cheated Senna out of the WDC in 1989.

Herr Schumacher would have been kicked out of F1 permanently had the FIA been run by a gentleman with integrity and ethics.

It's funny because Mosely wanted to ban the BAR team in 2005 for the season for running their car under the legal weight. He certainly did not want to do that in 1994 because he was too concerned about the German fan base.

bhall
bhall

SeijaKessen wrote:Senna never attempted to wreck 2 drivers (one successfully) in order to win a WDC.
That's just not true. (It's also where I stopped reading.)

SeijaKessen

bhallg2k wrote:
SeijaKessen wrote:Senna never attempted to wreck 2 drivers (one successfully) in order to win a WDC.
That's just not true. (It's also where I stopped reading.)
I'm glad you felt the urge to post this. =D>

If you felt the urge to state this, then do us a favor an expound upon your idea, please.

Try something other than the "OMG Suzuka 1990" argument.

Richard
Richard

This thread is getting stuck in mud. Please make constructive posts or it'll need to be locked.

bhall
bhall

I generally make it a point to abstain from conversations where the other party attempts in any way to tell me what I can and cannot say. It reeks of a closed mind.

lombers
lombers

The conspiracy theories in here are endless.

I just find it odd how people are blinded by their own opinions. The history is simple:

- 89 Prost crashed Senna
- 90 Senna crashed Prost
- 94 Schumacher crashed Hill

And these are only three instances in the history of the sport.
Last edited by Richard on 08 Mar 2012, 09:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed off topic comments