Vodafone McLaren Team 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
neilalexander
neilalexander

Re: Vodafone McLaren Team 2012

Looked up the Higbee thread, not sure what the benefit is can you explain?

PlatinumZealot

strad wrote:
Not sure about the integration - if they just used a coarser thread, it would tend to start more easily without cross threading.
NO...They need to run a Higby thread so it CANNOT crossthread.
I am not familiar with it, but after reading up on the Higbee cut thread - it looks like a design that is used for manual nut fastening. Fastening by hand. Are you sure this thread can work in an air gun?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Pup
Pup

What they need is to practice until they drop. And then come back the next day and practice again. And again. And again. And...

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Pup wrote:What they need is to practice until they drop. And then come back the next day and practice again. And again. And again. And...
They would have us belieive that this is exactly what they do.

raymondu999

I wonder. Maybe they need to do better fitness and diet regimes for their crew? Williams have got Michael Johnson. I believe Red Bull have their pit crew go through some specialty workouts catering solely to their task. Their chiropractor is always on standby too at most (if not all) of the races
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Nando
Nando

Re: Vodafone McLaren MP4-27 Mercedes

astracrazy wrote:
Joie de vivre wrote:stunning car, well balanced
?

button might disagree
Button might have a shitty setup.

I mean Hamilton has proven the car is quick. If Button can´t match that then the problems lies with him, not the car.

Had Hamilton also been down there then you could make a case for it.
But the car is obviously good enough to take pole by quite a margin.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

Nando wrote:But the car is obviously good enough to take pole by quite a margin.
The situation implies that the team has not come to grips with the car's setup. That their is an unusually large element of luck when it comes to determining the setup.

Brian

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

I wonder if Buttons words undermining Hamiltons desire to be at the Mugello tests to better understand the car ("We dont need to be there") is playing against him now.

Almost every other driver on the track has upto 200 more laps on their car with and without upgrades than the McLaren boys do.

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

hardingfv32 wrote:
Nando wrote:But the car is obviously good enough to take pole by quite a margin.
The situation implies that the team has not come to grips with the car's setup. That their is an unusually large element of luck when it comes to determining the setup.

Brian
Lewis has been, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd and 1st in quali this season. That seems pretty consistent on one side of the garage.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

PlatinumZealot

hardingfv32 wrote:

Brian
Button is just not good as setting the car up for Barcelona.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

zyphro
zyphro

n smikle wrote:
hardingfv32 wrote:

Brian
Button is just not good as setting the car up for Barcelona.
I agree, setup is what has set the two apart. Button was complaining over the radio the whole race weekend thus far.

myurr
myurr

Nando wrote:Hamilton seemed to not lack any understeer. More like a tiny bit of oversteer twice on his pole lap.

Button and his team probably got lost in the setup.
That could be personal preference. Button hates a loose rear so was playing with the balance trying to get that under control. Lewis is happy with the rear moving around a bit so was probably more focused on a strong front end.

Nando
Nando

hardingfv32 wrote:

Brian
Could be, but i think that Hamilton´s three poles shows that they do have a fairly good understanding of the car.

I just think Button got lost in the setup. Then he tried to go back a few steps but because the track changed the setup won´t be the same so he tried something else and simply dug a bigger hole every time.

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

zyphro wrote: Button was complaining over the radio the whole race weekend thus far.
And what does it say about the car that the team is unable to correct Button's complaints?

Brian

Nando
Nando

myurr wrote:
Nando wrote:Hamilton seemed to not lack any understeer. More like a tiny bit of oversteer twice on his pole lap.

Button and his team probably got lost in the setup.
That could be personal preference. Button hates a loose rear so was playing with the balance trying to get that under control. Lewis is happy with the rear moving around a bit so was probably more focused on a strong front end.
Yea but i think the issue was that someone claimed it was the front nose who caused the understeer.
I think it´s a setup issue and not the nose cone that caused the understeer.

Remember that Button also complained about oversteer.

The most logical explanation is not getting the setup right, basically being in the mist not really seeing anything.

He´s usually very close to Hamilton so i don´t think the Button´s side of the team is the issue.