Red Bull Racing 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
rayden
rayden

Re: Red Bull Racing 2012

Webber was so much faster than anyone else through the the fast corners in sector 2.
this car has everything now.

bill shoe
bill shoe

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

pocketmoon wrote:
siskue2005 wrote: 15 pounds and i dont know where they put my photo :(
I just found me :P

Worth looking here - only took me 30 minutes. I think the photo's a repeated to cover the car ?

http://www.formule1.nl/media-library/im ... itvoering/
If you can't find your picture then you can always ask PaulB of Red Bull modelling fame--

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9909&start=165

By now he's probably recreated the whole photo-quilt in exquisite 1/20th scale miniature. :)

raymondu999

I don't think it's that straight forward. Webber could've gone for a slightly wetter setup, and the added downforce aided him through S2. Would explain why Vettel was faster through the speedtraps in quali and in S1 for most of the race.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

stefan_
stefan_

Webber stays at Red Bull for 2013.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101114
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Cam

Looks like the 'Ferrari' dream is not as strong as it used to be. It's already changing. Soon kids will grow up wanting to drive a 'Red Bull'. The Marques should fear of becoming olden days stories living off past glories.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

Kiril Varbanov

Apologies if it has been posted before - an interview with Adrian Newey.

waynes
waynes

discuss

simieski
simieski

waynes wrote:
discuss
Take a little stroll to the RB8 and Hockenheim thread...
Thank you to God for making me an Atheist - Ricky Gervais.

rayden
rayden

already has it's own thread here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13187&start=120

Nando
Nando

Double DRS is an innovative solution that we probably haven´t seen it´s full potential of should it stay legal for next year.
Imagine Newey with a fresh piece of paper exploring the D-DRS system :)
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Neno
Neno

Nando wrote:Double DRS is an innovative solution that we probably haven´t seen it´s full potential of should it stay legal for next year.
why [frick] Newey must be only innovative enginner in F1. DDRS was Mercedes system creation, but you only mention [frick] Newey who have nothing with them, then Lotus created their own original creation of similar system, maybe even better then Mercedes, but you want now Newey too get fresh piece of paper... this not only apply on on DDRS or new special F-duct Lotus, why [frick] Newey must be only enginner to make you orgasm.

zyphro
zyphro

Neno wrote:
Nando wrote:Double DRS is an innovative solution that we probably haven´t seen it´s full potential of should it stay legal for next year.
why [frick] Newey must be only innovative enginner in F1. DDRS was Mercedes system creation, but you only mention [frick] Newey who have nothing with them, then Lotus created their own original creation of similar system, maybe even better then Mercedes, but you want now Newey too get fresh piece of paper... this not only apply on on DDRS or new special F-duct Lotus, why [frick] Newey must be only enginner to make you orgasm.
Agreed, this Newey-boner is becoming tiresome. There is no 'I' in team; he's a very significant reason for RBR's success, but, not the only piece of the puzzle.

zztopless
zztopless

zyphro wrote:
Neno wrote:
Agreed, this Newey-boner is becoming tiresome. There is no 'I' in team; he's a very significant reason for RBR's success, but, not the only piece of the puzzle.
Yeah, even as a Newey fan, I agree and I'd love if some of the other head aero guys got the same celebrity status (and media) attention has Adrian, as it's a big part of what makes F1 special (at least for me). Who is responsible for Lotus' design this year, McLaren's pace out of the blocks or Ferrari's rapid improvement? Not to mention the big improvements from Williams, Mercedes and Sauber this year.

Nando
Nando

Neno wrote:
Oh really? I had no idea D-DRS was Mercedes creation...............................................................
Arguably Mclaren started it all.

"Newey has nothing with them...." what? All i said was imagine Newey going all out with a new car design but with D-DRS in mind.
I honestly don´t care a flying F about what you think of him, i think he creates some of the most beautiful cars we have ever seen and i think his way of doing stuff is fantastic to see.
Yes i think also that Newey pretty much decided what exhaust/sidepod design to go with.
I think it was solely his idea on the concept of the "new" system they showed up with in Jerez.

I know he has a whole design team but i still think Newey decides most if not all base-designs.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Shakeman

Nando wrote:
I know he has a whole design team but i still think Newey decides most if not all base-designs.
I think Newey would be more measured and modest about his involvement in the design of "his" cars.