Malaysian GP 2012 - Sepang International Circuit

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Pup
Pup

Re: Malaysian GP 2012 - Sepang International Circuit

Jeez, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter one lick if Vettel was right or wrong.

If being technically right puts you in the wall, then it's sort of a stupid argument to win.

We've dealt with this so many times in the past, it never ceases to amaze me that there are always one or two fans who can't let it go.

raymondu999

At the end of the day it's like Pup said. It doesn't mean jacksh*t if Vettel was in the right. Those are points that are fone forever. If you drive on the road and someone else hit you - it doesn't matter if their insurance covers you, you still an't use your car for a few days. It still disadvantages you.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

myurr
myurr

WhiteBlue wrote:This case is rather clear cut. And yes you can do it because of the particular circumstances.
Your opinion not fact.
WhiteBlue wrote:You are the one who applies rhetorics here.....
Pot meet kettle.
WhiteBlue wrote:The question or better the excuse of "I did not see him" is already eliminated from this case. NK did not make that excuse. He must have seen Vettel's approach or he would have used that excuse. If he did not see him and did not tell the stewards and the press about it I have even more doubts about his mental state than his driving.
Conjecture. You don't know what he told the stewards, only the media immediately after the event and probably before he'd even seen the incident again on video. For someone who throws his weight around accusing others of inventing facts, you sure are good at it yourself.
WhiteBlue wrote:You are making an assumption that is not logical (NK did not see SV before) and then you construct a theory based on false assumptions that seemingly uses physical calculations for pseudo exactness. I'm not going to follow that flawed theory.
Can you indicate at which point you think NK was able to see SV? You seem to think it's logical that he could see him and that it's false to state otherwise, you state this as absolute certain fact but really it's just your opinion. Show why we should believe you.
WhiteBlue wrote:Vettel was by no means on a collision course. That is your invention.
Again your opinion that you do nothing at all to back up. You show otherwise.
WhiteBlue wrote:Giblet's manipulated image shows nothing if you ask me. Everybody can photoshop images from different cameras, points in time, angles and make any number of claims. I do not consider that proper evidence. I'm not buying the theory that they were on lines that would be crossing each other before Vettel's car would completely pass NK's car. There is no evidence for this theory at all. A helicam video could perhaps provide or not provide such evidence or NK's roll hoop cam, but we don't have such evidence. The steward's might have had it because they can call it in.
Steady now you're in danger of losing it completely. You spout more opinion as fact but fail to show any evidence to back up your thinking. Either stop posturing and put your cards on the table, or stop telling others they are wrong and your opinion is infallible.
WhiteBlue wrote:I totally reject that. It is ridiculous. NK made a steering move towards the right when SV was passing him. SV could not see that because he was already committed to the pass and held his course. The stewards clearly ruled that NK and not SV caused the collision.
More opinion presented as fact without showing anything. The stewards didn't punish Webber for the Turkey 2010 incident and yet you still hold him responsible. Do you now accept that Webber was not responsible on that day?
WhiteBlue wrote:Once again you are in error. §20.5 applies to the whole passing move until the passing driver is clear of the car that he is lapping. I'm not going to entertain your speculations and theories based on a flawed understanding of the rules.
Prove it. That's your opinion again. 20.5 says absolutely nothing about a driver having to avoid an overtaking driver because they can't get their line right. You've taken a rule and invented a whole load of implications.
WhiteBlue wrote:Naturally §16.1 covers more than lapping. Everybody is aware of that.
Yet you don't think SV has any responsibility to the overtaken car.
WhiteBlue wrote:And what is that supposed to prove? The two paragraphs will always be applied in the way they fit the situation. In this situation NK was punished because he steered towards the right side into Vettel's car.
No he didn't, he followed the racing line. Vettel chose a collision course. We've shown you that this is the case, it's up to you to show that what you keep stating as fact is actually true.
WhiteBlue wrote:I totally disagree. You can speculate about trajectories all the time you like, but you have no evidence for that speculation. Apparently the stewards had none of this either.
We have provided you with video evidence that you dismissed out of hand but failed to offer anything of your own. Time for you to pony up instead of just dismissing everyone else.
WhiteBlue wrote:This is your opinion of the accident to which you are entitled. Let me tell you simply that in my view it is not a proper reflection of what happened in reality.
That's your view but you only have a stewards verdict as evidence. And we all know how reliable and consistent they are.

Can't be bothered to reply to the rest as it's circular discussions about opinion. I've heard plenty about your opinion, time to back it up with some hard facts. But I guess that yet again you'll hide behind the stewards report as some kind of infallible truth, pretending there is no politics in F1 and that the stewards are 100% reliable just because in this instance they agree with you.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Into the gutter it goes... thanks guys.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Steven
Owner

I have been bold enough to delete some of the posts that were only fuelling the fire. People involved were notified.

This closes the Vettel argument. Thanks.

WhiteBlue

myurr wrote: I've heard plenty about your opinion, time to back it up with some hard facts. But I guess that yet again you'll hide behind the stewards report as some kind of infallible truth, pretending there is no politics in F1 and that the stewards are 100% reliable just because in this instance they agree with you.
I have been asked to stop this argument. The mods reckon that everything has been said and I agree with regard to the question of who was at fault. I just want to add one point for clarification.

Every driver who crashes out of the points in an accident with a back marker will be angry about the other guy who caused the accident. But as some other users pointed out it takes two to tangle. There is always the option to loose some time and play it safer. I did not emphasise this aspect during the "blame" discussion but I am fully aware of it. Sebastian lost these points because he drove aggressively under the circumstances. With hindsight it is easy to criticise him for his choice and for loosing so many points. I'm not blaming him because this was a very difficult race. He had to deal with the heat, the humidity, the radio failure and unfavourable weather conditions that did not allow him to use his car to it's best. I'm pretty sure with hindsight he will also look at this incident in a different way and see the cost/benefit ratio differently compared to his in race view. He will learn from this and make a better decision the next time.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

bhall
bhall

That's a very peculiar way to define the word stop.

All I've got to say - well, aside from the above - is that I'm eternally grateful that a Ferrari didn't play a role in this mess. Too busy winning. (Or being largely irrelevant.)

raymondu999

Nah. Ferrari bribed Karthikeyan to screw up Vettel's and Button's races :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

bhall
bhall

Easy now. It's not a given that everyone around here has a sense of humor open enough to see that statement for what it truly is.

Besides, the Scuderia used up their bribery for the weekend with Sauber and Perez. A much better return, if you ask me.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Everyone knows you dont just get one bribe :roll:

How do you think Red Bulls radios got destroyed?

Haven't you seen Domenicali hanging around with Thor recently? He obviously bribed Thor to fry their comms.

raymondu999

GrizzleBoy wrote:Everyone knows you dont just get one bribe :roll:

How do you think Red Bulls radios got destroyed?

Haven't you seen Domenicali hanging around with Thor recently? He obviously bribed Thor to fry their comms.
You're thinking too far. They just poured water into the pitwall radio electronics. :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

banibhusan

raymondu999 wrote: You're thinking too far. They just poured water into the pitwall radio electronics. :lol:
As simple as it can get Ray!! =D>

Btw, off topic, but interesting. RBR invoice to Lotus for their services provided to the team when the Lotus hospitality unit got destroyed in Malaysia.

http://www.lotusf1team.com/With-a-Littl ... m-Our.html

markc

lol, that's some soiled undies there (Laundry x15)
nice light hearted-ness from RBR

Goran2812
Goran2812

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/videos/2041/ ... ighlights/

can someone tell me... at 2:10 and after that... saubers front and rear wings...
why do they wobble like that? compare it to ferrari that's infront.
is that good or bad?
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

ArchAngel

Goran2812 wrote:...saubers front and rear wings... why do they wobble like that? compare it to ferrari that's infront. is that good or bad?
Hard to imagine how that lateral wobbling could be intentional/beneficial. Perhaps an unwanted side-effect of using non-rigid wing supports that can flex forwards/backwards a bit under heavy aero load in straights?