Liveries and aesthetic exercises

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
douglas
douglas

Re: Liveries and aesthetic exercises

chepoi
chepoi

i like this one:

and

GitanesBlondes

Great stuff Douglas.

It shows how awful livery design has become in modern F1.
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

actually i could care less of classic liveries. Lotus for example is driving a old 'John Player' livery, but to be honest, the 'fun' in that has worn quite a bit. Caterham is driving another lotus classic livery, and imho, I enjoy that more then the JPS style livery.

another Ferrari classic livery does look nice tho,

I still think Mclaren's Chrome-Red livery of recent maintains looking absolutely stunning. The Redbull Livery actually reminds me like the Williams success years.

IMHO one of the best looking liveries was the Simtek of Ratzenberger and Verstappen in 94 and the 95 footwork.

here's a CGI version on a modern car

I still am quite fond of the BrawnGP livery, too. It's pure simplicity and no-nonsense look were refreshing and winning the championship made it a great.

i think because of that, of the above liveries, the tyrell one i enjoy most.

i'd prefer to see this livery in F1 tho!

it can be turned around aswell; modern livery on classic cars

http://wtf1.co.uk/back-to-the-future-cl ... -liveries/

anyway, I could care less, if i look at this, then I say; it doesnt really matter.

that classic williams livery doesn't look good at all at this 'modern' f1 car, and the mclaren livery looks bland and boring.

the orange mclaren color however does look kinda cool, though i think it would wear just as fast as the JPS lotus of now.

I prefer to think the classic early 90's F1 cars just looked better then those of today. more fluent.

just look at this:

Finally, If i'd have to pick a favourite, I might be ending up with this one:

I miss that teint of Yellow in F1. Renault had a nice touch before they turned into lotus. I could care less about
Jordan however.

one thing's certain tho, Vettel would LOVE this livery:

Gives whole new meanings to " Kate's Dirty Little Sister, Randy Mandy, Luscious Liz and Kinky Kylie :D
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

slimfitcasual

Found a desktop sized image of the Senna MP4/4 posted earlier in the thread:
http://i.imgur.com/85vYNd6.jpg
Per ardua ad astra

SectorOne

Wish Ferrari would go back to the sinister looking days of Red and Black. Would be nice to see Eni/Agip back as well.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

xDama
xDama

Manoah2u wrote:actually i could care less of classic liveries. Lotus for example is driving a old 'John Player' livery, but to be honest, the 'fun' in that has worn quite a bit. Caterham is driving another lotus classic livery, and imho, I enjoy that more then the JPS style livery.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... Livery.jpg
Amazing look!
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

FW17

Redbull livery would look so much better without the stripes and duck nose

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

xDama wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:actually i could care less of classic liveries. Lotus for example is driving a old 'John Player' livery, but to be honest, the 'fun' in that has worn quite a bit. Caterham is driving another lotus classic livery, and imho, I enjoy that more then the JPS style livery.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... Livery.jpg
Amazing look!
still, they're not that really far off - obviously because of their funding, Banco Santander is in the position to 'demand' a more prominent appearance of their brand on the Ferrari, thus the white background - even though that could just as well, perhaps both, be because of the clear 'Marlboro' sponsorship - still at play [smart and sneaky ferrari].

ditch the white and you're nearly there:
http://www.autoweek.com/galleryimage/CW ... 2/F138.jpg
http://www.ausmotive.com/F1/2011/Ferrar ... nch-01.jpg

http://www.marca.com/2013/02/01/multime ... 38762.html
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

stefan_
stefan_

I always had a softspot for the Hesketh (with the Hunt-style "24"), JPS, Martini Racing and Benetton 1994 liveries. Don't know why, but I like them a lot.

Also, I always wondered how the current Red Bull livery would look like with a black base colour, not dark blue. Or the Brawn one with neon orange or red instead of yellow.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

tim|away
tim|away

stefan_ wrote:Also, I always wondered how the current Red Bull livery would look like with a black base colour, not dark blue. Or the Brawn one with neon orange or red instead of yellow.
Here you go ...

oT v1
oT v1

That redbull is too cool! Hope they leave the purple next year
The Power of Dreams

stefan_
stefan_

The purple would look good and the bull kind of pops out a bit more with a black background.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

even though the purple remind me of the aforementioned simtek, which, again, was a stunning looking car [even though it didn't perform] - but, imho, the deepblue of the redbull of 2012 looked way better to be honest. I assume it's a deal with infinity for more exposure. I'm kinda missing the 'redbull' on the sidepods aswell.
The Toro Rosso of 2011 looked gorgeous - i think even better then the redbull of 2011, even though the yellow is more
'brand correct'. I suspect 2014 will house another purple RBR livery.

As for the jps-look-lotus (i think its still one of the better looking f1 cars of the field, even though it's getting a tad 'boring' now) i think the Lotus T125 in the all black livery looks swell [thus without the red],

but then, i just love an all-black-carbon f1 car even more [though the sauber is just bland boring]

anyway, some more 'retro' cgi liveries:

classic Ferrari vs Classic Mclaren Livery - can't really spike me, but i just think it's because the cars now are ugly as ****

benneton/renault

classic williams livery - again, ugly-ass ifuaskme

anyway, let's just get the livery-fetisj going

anyway, i mentioned before i'd favor some sweet yellow; how about a yellow ferrari?

i'm drooling over this one. seriously, we need a yellow car back in f1.

lotusyellow

AnthonyG

The 7up one is amazing imo;
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel