Liveries and aesthetic exercises

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
turbof1

Re: Liveries and aesthetic exercises

stefan_ wrote:
wesley123 wrote:This small crowd that is truly affected by it and starts smoking because of it will always bring quite a few guys with him under peer pressure. Plus, think of all those people that do smoke and are more likely to smoke Marlboro because they saw it in F1
And that, I think, is 90% of the point of tobacco advertising (as the industry is large enough not to rely on attracting people in smoking), for people to switch to a brand rather than the one they are using regularely.

As I said before, at the end is down to you if you decide to smoke or not, whatever if/how they play with your subconscious or not through advertising or how many tobacco commercials you see.
For example, I grew up with F1 being branded with Marlboro, West, B&H, Winfield, Rothmans and Mild seven - in my family there are a lot of hardcore smokers (my parents, sister, uncle and few more relatives) so I grew up seeing them smoke like hell + a lot of my friends - but guess what; I don't smoke, I don't like it, I'll never do it. Simple as that.
Yeah same here. Grew up with a lot of friends who started smoking around 12 years, as well as my parents. I didn't gave in into that, so I never even come close to the addiction, though I tolerate it from others that they smoke; society is sour enough already as it is, giving people a hard time just because they smoke isn't helping anybody. I even think it's a bless for me that my parents smoke. Seeing how the tear and nicotine ravashed their bodies and health throughout the year, is a way better lesson then any anti-smoke campaign or stickers and cigarette packs.
It wasn't tobacco advertising that got them into it, it was peer pressure from slightly older ones who smoked a few years themselves. Smoking just gets carried over through the years this way, seamless throughout generations. Nothing to do with advertising; nobody smokes one type of tobacco more then the other just because of fancier colors.
#AeroFrodo

beelsebob
beelsebob

turbof1 wrote:
stefan_ wrote:
wesley123 wrote:This small crowd that is truly affected by it and starts smoking because of it will always bring quite a few guys with him under peer pressure. Plus, think of all those people that do smoke and are more likely to smoke Marlboro because they saw it in F1
And that, I think, is 90% of the point of tobacco advertising (as the industry is large enough not to rely on attracting people in smoking), for people to switch to a brand rather than the one they are using regularely.

As I said before, at the end is down to you if you decide to smoke or not, whatever if/how they play with your subconscious or not through advertising or how many tobacco commercials you see.
For example, I grew up with F1 being branded with Marlboro, West, B&H, Winfield, Rothmans and Mild seven - in my family there are a lot of hardcore smokers (my parents, sister, uncle and few more relatives) so I grew up seeing them smoke like hell + a lot of my friends - but guess what; I don't smoke, I don't like it, I'll never do it. Simple as that.
Yeah same here. Grew up with a lot of friends who started smoking around 12 years, as well as my parents. I didn't gave in into that, so I never even come close to the addiction, though I tolerate it from others that they smoke; society is sour enough already as it is, giving people a hard time just because they smoke isn't helping anybody.
I (or you) wouldn't tolerate it if someone sat next to you throwing a stink bomb on the ground every 20 minutes. I don't understand why people think doing the same because you're addicted to stink bombs is reasonable.

turbof1

I don't approve about smoking, but I can tolerate somebody sitting next to me smoking a cigarette (as long as he keeps the fumes away from my face). I think subjecting this to excagerated comparisons is just silly. You can have the best fellow who smokes and the worst idiot who doesn't touch a cigarette; smoking doesn't change the person.

Sometimes it's better to not go for the rational intolerance and just go for the social sake.
#AeroFrodo

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

these footwork liveries were just awesome

some may have already passed here
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Morteza

This one is just something else to me =P~ =P~ =P~
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

C29
C29

Cold Fussion wrote:As I went through high school in the mid 2000s, it was drilled into us the dangers of smoking, and as a result the majority of people find it fairly repulsive.
And why do you think that is? Because of all the anti-tobacco ADVERTISING!

Advertising works. That's why companies spend as much as they do on it. Why would a company spend millions of dollars in advertising each year on the side of an F1 car, if it didn't benefit the company at all? If there's no benefit, the advertising goes away. Red Bull, a drinks company, has purchased 2 entire F1 teams (in essence) for the sole purpose of advertising. Whether they hope for direct sales, image, etc. They do it because it works...

Moxie
Moxie

Ok...while I am certainly one to argue about political/ ethical debates...I propose we return this thread to the issue of the liveries themselves. Years ago in the early days of computer graphics I produced images on my Commodore Amiga, with a program called photo paint. Then later on my Gateway with a program called Corel Paint. It has been years since I have done any of this. Is Adobe Photoshop still the standard, or are there other programs that are used.

Recommendations?

I've just had too many good ideas for F1 liveries, I may have to waste some time...errr express my artistic ability (yeah that's it)...making images such as I have seen here.

Imagine...An American F1 team sponsored by Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Belatti
Belatti

Would love to see the 1984 Tyrrell

"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

miguelalvesreis
miguelalvesreis

Would someone, please, open a thread for the tobacco subject?
This one is about liveries!

adrianjordan

Anyone fancy having a go at a Lucozade branded Mclaren??

I'm thinking replace the chrome with orange, and keep the red from the Vodafone livery but add in the Lucozade logo on the sidepods etc where Vodafone was...

I also had a thought that Ribena is owned by the same company as Lucozade...how about a Ribena McLaren...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

ScottB
ScottB

adrianjordan wrote:Anyone fancy having a go at a Lucozade branded Mclaren??

I'm thinking replace the chrome with orange, and keep the red from the Vodafone livery but add in the Lucozade logo on the sidepods etc where Vodafone was...

I also had a thought that Ribena is owned by the same company as Lucozade...how about a Ribena McLaren...
Not that it matters in terms of seeing a mock up, but I believe GSK has / are selling off Lucozade..

Pierce89

ScottB wrote:
adrianjordan wrote:Anyone fancy having a go at a Lucozade branded Mclaren??

Not that it matters in terms of seeing a mock up, but I believe GSK has / are selling off Lucozade..
What is Lucozade? Is it like a European version of Gatorade or Powerade?
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Holm86

Pierce89 wrote: What is Lucozade? Is it like a European version of Gatorade or Powerade?
Try this

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

No, Gatorade is a US version of Lucozade. :wink:

Lucozade dates back to the 1920s - about 40 years before Gatorade I think.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Backmarker
Backmarker

Pierce89 wrote:
ScottB wrote:Not that it matters in terms of seeing a mock up, but I believe GSK has / are selling off Lucozade..
What is Lucozade? Is it like a European version of Gatorade or Powerade?
It's a UK competitor to Gatorade and Powerade. It's probably most like Gatorade. But ScottB is right, GlaxoSmithKline sold Lucozade and Ribena to Suntory (which also owns Orangina) for £1.35 billion on 9th September 2013.

Maybe GSK could use McLaren to promote their NiQuitin/Nicorette brands. Then we'd have the full circle of F1 chassis having been cigarette packets on wheels, to become anti-cigarette addiction billboards. :lol: