Bahrain GP 2012 - Sakhir

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W04

The race doesn't' end on lap one ya know, so its not like Rosberg was fighting for the win. It is not a matter of dignity but a matter of race craft,IMO. Rosberg certainly did not look dignified in his interview I can tell you that! :D

See how Lewis smartly gave up his position in China? It's up to the driver to work out in his mind whether holding back the attackers will give an advantage after the first stint... In the case of a track like Bahrain, where it is one of the easiest tracks to overtake, compounded with the fact that Rosberg's rear end was sliding like a puppy on a tiled floor, the tactic of blocking in the first stint was never going to work out for him.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

astracrazy
astracrazy

i have to agree with you. Hamilton doesn't like to be overtaken, yet he was more than happy to go backwards in the 1st stint. It paid off for him

Dyanxx
Dyanxx

astracrazy wrote:i have to agree with you. Hamilton doesn't like to be overtaken, yet he was more than happy to go backwards in the 1st stint. It paid off for him
I don't think he planned to fall back at all, he just didn't have any pace whatsoever.

Shakeman

Dyanxx wrote:
astracrazy wrote:i have to agree with you. Hamilton doesn't like to be overtaken, yet he was more than happy to go backwards in the 1st stint. It paid off for him
I don't think he planned to fall back at all, he just didn't have any pace whatsoever.
This is racing 2013 style.

The race actual begins at the start of qualifying. Merc have got two poles when maybe they should've taken less out of their tyres, qualified lower and had more for the race.

Cars are not so much racing each other on track as all running round on their own tyre degradation programs. Start duking it out on track and see your race strategy evaporate along with your tyre rubber.

With all of the overtaking aids I'm not sure we need cheese tyres for a spectacle and especially next year when there's more tunes to be played with energy usage.