BAR out of the WC?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
johny

Rules says that the minimum weight is 600kg driver included and it's obvious that they raced with less weight if not why do they use that aditional fuel tank, as ballast? imo they shouldn't race, they've been caught and they should pay

dumrick
dumrick

No, it's not obvious that they ran with less weight. In fact, the car was above weight in final scruteneering (before being drained from tank AND collector) and BAR proved that the car COULD NOT RUN without fuel in the collector, so it wasn't CONSUMABLE fuel.

jaslfc
jaslfc

six-month suspended ban .. can someone please explain.

West
West

If BAR "cheat" again any time in the next 6 mo., they are removed from this year's championship.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

jaslfc
jaslfc

oh ic ic .. thanks..
Pity jenson .. now he must have been thinking what if he was in williams!! WHat do u guys think this outcome will have for BAR? do u think they will take this 2 races off and be able to concentrate on development and leapfrog the other teams in terms of performance or this ban will slow down their progress.

johny

here are all documents, http://www.f1latam.com/foro/viewtopic.php?t=573 it's a spanish forum but everything is in english so no prob.

that will supose a very bad hit for bar, but if they're here and keep on working they could be at a good level in next races

wrk

the latest ive heard is that they are out for the next two races but are still trying to get them selves cleared so they can race at in spain.......

good luck!!!!!

wayne
gentlemen start your engines......

Steven
Owner

do the other teams now have to put in a third car at the start of races to fill the field up to 20cars or would that not be necessary on a short term?

Looks like we're heading for an interesting Spanish GP.... can't wait ;)

dumrick
dumrick

jaslfc wrote:six-month suspended ban .. can someone please explain.
It's a six months ban, suspended for one year, what means that, if in the next 12 months there are considered guilty again, a six months ban will become effective.

Alic01
Alic01

The way i see it the rules state the car must weigh 600kg at all times in the event (605 in qualifying). To make matters worse any ballast must be securely installed in a manner which requires tools for removal.

I personally dont buy the collector scenario because it appears to me to be deliberate bad design. With all of the technology available i do not believe that these cars have to carry round over 3 gallons of unuseable fuel, especcially when they know they will be asked to remove it and the car should then still weigh 600kg.

They are arguing interpretation but they knew what they were doing, sometimes i get the impression that F1 engineers are so clever that they cannot get their heads round simple logic.

I think Nick Fry's argument that they proved their inocense is also a little wide of the mark. Their evidence is subjective, the court has decided and obviously didnt think think it proved them inocent, unfortunately its as simple as that!

jaslfc
jaslfc

Tomba wrote: do the other teams now have to put in a third car at the start of races to fill the field up to 20cars or would that not be necessary on a short term?
nope.. bernie eccelstone stated that it is not fair to ask the other teams to run a third car in such short notice . but i think ferrari will run a third car in a heartbeat!!

wrk

you would never hear the end of it ........ferrari 1,2,3, in the same race!!!!

wayne.
gentlemen start your engines......

sawtooth
sawtooth

Ok,

But what if Ferrari did it?, Bet you they would get away with it!

The FIA are just pissed cus There Golden Child did not win, cus he got held up behind a BAR. The sooner 2008 gets here the better, So all the team go join GPWC. So The FIA and Ferrari can have babys together in peace.

Scuderia_Russ

Probably the most nonsensical post i've ever had the misfortune to read on this site.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Maybe not. It seems like standard practice to have fuel collectors of the arrangement that BAR has.

Read the report, in "latest news, an update...."

http://www.barhondaf1.com/en/