2012 Hungarian GP - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ajdavison2
ajdavison2

Re: 2012 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring

I stand very much corrected lol

Joie de vivre

i don't like grosjean being on second. very unpredictable driver

SeijaKessen

Grosjean on P2...that's going to be quite interesting tomorrow.

Teechnical

Ferrari start praying for rain.
"We have a new toy" - Fernando Alonso.

morefirejules08
morefirejules08

YES YES YES! Hamilton on pole in the 1:20's! Im just praying for little or no rain tomorrow for the race

zgred

SeijaKessen

Teechnical wrote:Ferrari start praying for rain.
I don't think they need to.

To be perfectly honest, the safe play here is to get points and get out of Hungary.

Alonso will still be leading regardless...and I wouldn't count him out just yet tomorrow.

myurr
myurr

morefirejules08 wrote:YES YES YES! Hamilton on pole in the 1:20's! Im just praying for little or no rain tomorrow for the race
More importantly for him, he had a clean run on the second set of tyres so the tyres he starts the race on should be in good shape.

I do expect him to struggle a little with tyre life on those options but he should hold a huge advantage on the prime tyres. The car was supremely balanced on them and had all the pace they'll need. Hamilton will now just be praying for a dry race.

Goran2812
Goran2812

that was a clear demonstration of power and pure speed from hamilton... it's actually frightening... hope it rains tomorrow otherwise it's a sure hamilton win this one...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

morefirejules08
morefirejules08

myurr wrote:
morefirejules08 wrote:YES YES YES! Hamilton on pole in the 1:20's! Im just praying for little or no rain tomorrow for the race
More importantly for him, he had a clean run on the second set of tyres so the tyres he starts the race on should be in good shape.

I do expect him to struggle a little with tyre life on those options but he should hold a huge advantage on the prime tyres. The car was supremely balanced on them and had all the pace they'll need. Hamilton will now just be praying for a dry race.
He didnt even need the second run in Q3 but i guess you cant take that chance when you have so many quick drivers out there. hopefully it will be dry and he can pull out a lead then go into tyre management mode while the rest of the field squabble and destroy there tyres

Shrieker

Shows how unlucky Hamilton was last weekend :(
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

If his monstrous prime tyre pace stays for the race and there is no environmental/driver drama he should have a very good chance tomorrow.

Also, Hulkenberg is quickly overshadowing Force India's previous star Di Resta very quickly.

db__

What is actually the current ruling on staying within the white lines of the track? On his fast QS lap Vettel seemed to be clearly off the track coming out of the final turn (I can't get a screen grab -anyone?).

All of the other drivers seemed to make a point of keeping at least part of two wheels inside the line, even seeming to change line to stay that way.

I know it;s been discussed elsewhere but it does seem fiarly clear... stay within the track or don't count the lap.

nacho
nacho

Surprised if he doesn't lose the lap, surprised they didn't make him do another run.

zoro_f1

ferrari playing games in saving the tyres for the race. their cars takes a lot of degradation of the tyre's so this is their only hope.

at least they got the speed much more like in the start of the season in australia.

williams looking strong too, mclaren also...

Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]