2012 Hungarian GP - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
NathanOlder

Re: 2012 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring

dxpetrov wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:To Beelsebob

Give up mate, he cant get his head around it. The Red Bull was (according to dxpetrov) the fastest car on the track,

This is the reason Red Bull finished 1st & 2nd....... Oh wait, it was 4th & 8th :lol:
Very mature.
If final race positions are the only detriments of speed of the cars then you've got a lot more to learn about F1, Mate...
, Just saying Red Bull are having a few problems. The FIA are now not so willing to let them cheat, so Mr Horner is having to try and win fair and square and its not looking good.

Anyway, back to hungary, Did anyone see the skysports coverage when they (skys Nat Pinkham) were talking to Seb, Once he finished his interview he turned to walk away, He then passed Webber and they banged shoulders as they passed and didnt look back at each other after! Then Webber gave an interview and made a point of some friendly fire (my interpritation was he was saying he was having problems with Seb ??)

Did anyone else see this ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

MikeFromCanada

I reckon it's time we just move on from here. It's clear that the factual evidence isn't enough to change dxpetrov's opinion, and so be it.

I tell ya what though, with Spa, Monza and SIngapore coming up, I would not be shocked to see Lewis go on a charge and win 2 out of those 3. We know his (and McLaren's) track record at Spa, as well at street circuits and specifically Singapore. Monza is always the wildcard race. I wonder how the Lotus will do in the cooler Ardennes!

NathanOlder

Depends on their super F-Duct Wing-stalling device they have been testing. Does anyone know of any figures on how effective this will be ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

simieski
simieski

NathanOlder wrote:

Can be seen about halfway through interview on sky website here...

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/new ... ngarian-GP

Nothing in it to be honest, Mark even turns back to give a thumbs up. Certainly nothing comapred to Mass/Hamilton last year.
Thank you to God for making me an Atheist - Ricky Gervais.

NathanOlder

simieski wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

Can be seen about halfway through interview on sky website here...

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/new ... ngarian-GP

Nothing in it to be honest, Mark even turns back to give a thumbs up. Certainly nothing comapred to Mass/Hamilton last year.
The thumbs up was towards the direction Mark just came from, Seb never even looks back to Mark after they touch. I think there is definate friction there. Seb seems to sulk a little when Mark has the upper hand, And Webber is just sticking it to him.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

zyphro
zyphro

zyphro
zyphro

Hail22

zyphro wrote:Image
Not even his team mate likes him :roll: :roll:

Most can agree Red Bull brought Webber in to boost Vettels standings.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

zyphro
zyphro

Hail22 wrote:

Yep, that was my theory too and plain obvious.

Chuckjr

"On the other hand great job by Alonso. Once again he takes every opportunity he sees but avoids taking excessive risk to gain a position. Him and his team know when they can't win, they take what they can get instead of gambling. This is what makes him a consistent performer and consistency is what what will win the championship. "

Exactly. That's why FA will win the WDC, he knows how to keep his emotions in check, and doesn't try to keep a grid position for the sake of being a "racer" and not wanting to be overtaken. That's the difference between a championship winner and just another agressive driver.

Great drive Hammy. Seriously. Well done. But I'm afraid it's too little too late tho mate. Furthermore, I think Lotus is going to become a major fly in Maccas and RB's' ointment over part two of the championship.

5 weeks till next race?!? That's complete bs. Thanks Bernie, you putz. :evil:
Watching F1 since 1986.

SeijaKessen

zyphro wrote:
Hail22 wrote:

Yep, that was my theory too and plain obvious.
Actually he was acknowledging Bruno Senna with the thumb up if you look carefully.

He turns his head towards Bruno before he bumps into Vettel. Not sure if anyone here has had someone call their name out, then after you turn your head, you bump right into someone because you weren't paying attention.

Guisson

Red Bull will be murdered in Spa / Monza I think..Last Year it was the EBD who saved them
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

PlatinumZealot

This is one of those races where Hamilton uses his quick tactical thinking. It was almost genius that he allowed Kimi to close in on him in the first two sectors. Kimi realised what was going on after a few laps and dropped back to play the waiting game... but alas Hamilton's tyres never fell off the cliff. Classic example of tight track racing. No natural overtaking spots and fast car Vs slower car, with the slower car holding off the faster car.
RB_[Gnx] wrote:Red Bull will be murdered in Spa / Monza I think..Last Year it was the EBD who saved them
I don't think soo... The Bull has more raw downforce this year than the competition, the car just not as balanced, but that won't affect them too much at Spa, with it extended time turns with slower yaw rates.

Spa is going to be hell in a cell amongst the front runners.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

zyphro
zyphro

SeijaKessen wrote:
Actually he was acknowledging Bruno Senna with the thumb up if you look carefully.

He turns his head towards Bruno before he bumps into Vettel. Not sure if anyone here has had someone call their name out, then after you turn your head, you bump right into someone because you weren't paying attention.
I wasn't referring to the thumbs up, rather the soldier-barging. Usually in that instance you'd apologise, but, they completely ignored one another: tensions are heated.

NathanOlder

SeijaKessen wrote:

Clearly was looking in Vettels direction before and during the shoulder barge. Only after did he look in Senna's direction. And not once did he look back to Vettel.
I would expect that mos people who bump into someone, you instant reaction is to look back towards the person to appologise or just check they are ok. You only ignore it if it was intended "generally" :)

Thats my take on it anyway
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.