Formula E

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Wouter

Re: Formula E

Update about Robin Frijns.

Tuesday evening:

Late Wednesday evening:

The Power of Dreams!

mzso

coaster wrote:
16 Jan 2023, 20:43
They would need a chicken wire ceiling to have no limits, without batteries and an endless source of current those cars would really fly.
Uh, what??

coaster

Scalectrix, slot cars.

Big Tea

mzso wrote:
20 Jan 2023, 06:44
coaster wrote:
16 Jan 2023, 20:43
They would need a chicken wire ceiling to have no limits, without batteries and an endless source of current those cars would really fly.
Uh, what??
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qWmwtGZipw)

They pick up of a overhead mesh
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Wouter

ABB FIA Formula E World Championship @FIAFormulaE

Presenting our FULL rookie test line-up 👏

The Power of Dreams!

coaster

The sport needs to decide if its gonna be open wheel or shrouded wheel, they keep flip flopping back and forth, the fia doesnt seem to mind.

Wouter

Mahindra splits with Rowland, signs Merhi for Jakarta Formula E

Oliver Rowland has been replaced at the Mahindra Formula E team with immediate effect with ex-Formula 1 driver
Roberto Mehri taking his seat for the next round in Jakarta.

May 28, 2023, 12:14 PM

The Briton joined the team ahead of the 2021-2022 season and secured a podium finish in Seoul but has endured a difficult campaign this year.

He has registered just two points finishes all year, including sixth in Hyderabad and 10th in the opening Berlin E-Prix race, leaving him with a total of nine points.

He was left with a bruised hand which required a hospital visit in Monaco after a collision during the race.

Mahindra confirmed on Sunday that “a mutual agreement” has been reached with Rowland, who will miss the remaining seven races this season, beginning with the double-header in Jakarta next weekend.

Mehri joins having competed in the Berlin Rookie Test with Mahindra earlier this year and will make his Formula E debut in Indonesia.

“It’s a huge honour for me to step in and represent Mahindra Racing for the races in Jakarta,” he said.

“I’m incredibly grateful for the opportunity and I’m determined to make the most of it. I had a chance to drive the M9Electro at the rookie test in Berlin but Formula E is very different to any of the other series I’ve raced in so the learning curve will be steep. But I feel ready, excited and up for the challenge.”
The Power of Dreams!

mzso

coaster wrote:
18 Apr 2023, 15:45
The sport needs to decide if its gonna be open wheel or shrouded wheel, they keep flip flopping back and forth, the fia doesnt seem to mind.
Why? What does it matter if they flip-flop?

Besides no series should be open wheel, because it's stupid for technical (aerodynamic) reasons. (Especially not F1 where teams keep wasting billions on "managing tire wake")

piast9

Is it me or the Rome track is a joke? The bumps on the fast section are ridiculous.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

michl420

where can I find data from Formula E ( regeneration front/rear, brake, trottle, lift,...)?