2012 Indian Grand Prix - Buddh

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Cylinder
Cylinder

Re: 2012 Indian Grand Prix - Buddh

0versteer wrote:Vettel is doing his job well, but let's be honest, right now Alonso is doing unbelivable job...

by the way, there are rumors that Alonso and Massa have different cars, the difference is floor of the car... just a rumor. And I do not think that makes a difference more than 0.1 per second... so in race pace 6-10 seconds most... There are 34 right now...
Yes, I heard the same things too, that this weekend there were only one set of updates and they went to Alonso, not sure if that was confirmed though. Perhaps someone in the Ferrari thread will know. Obviously we dont know how much of a time difference that makes either.

Today Alonso was on another planet though, I think thats pretty clear, when you have the British Media....who absolutely crucified Fernando after 2007, saying openly that he deserves to win the championship, then that really says it, he's won alot of people over this season in my view and you can see the guys on Sky Sports willing him on to win the thing, Brundle has long said although he doubts Alonso as a person, he's the best there is and its pretty clear Hill, Herbert and Davidson are willing him on, even HAMILTON is hoping Alonso does it, it's quite surreal.

Just a bit of info, Pat Fry just said the Ferrari wasnt specially geared to given them an advantage in the DRS at this track, if I heard correctly, seems they lucked in, rather than it being a calculated scion as said by brundle.

Sombrero
Sombrero

Let's put it that way : Alonso has right now the second best car at the moment in term of race pace and not so far away from the Red Bull. He did a good start and manages to stay right behind Webber. Then he pass Mark because of the yellow flag and the KERS failure. Where is the big deal ?

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Raikkonen and Massa after Massa's pit stop, when they arrive to T3 they both brake hard to let the other past first at the detection zone for DRS :lol:

Massa said he had to save fuel during half of the race.

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Cylinder wrote:
Today Alonso was on another planet though, I think thats pretty clear, when you have the British Media....who absolutely crucified Fernando after 2007, saying openly that he deserves to win the championship .....
British media simply selects the one they hate less :)
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

Raptor22
Raptor22

The Ferrari has had race pace all year. They just can't get it going during qualifying.
Alonso has been impressive this year but Vettel more so in my view, that's why he's leading the championship. Mr Brundle has proven time and agains that when he gets an opportunity to voice a negative opinion against a German driver he does so with great joy, even if he lets the facts gets in the way of a good story.
Fernando is making good use of a car that treats its tyres well especially on lower fuel loads.
Hamilton seem to eat his tyres early in the stint, while Button just seems fickle on car set up. He set the timing board alight on the last lap, What happened to the rest of the GP?

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Both Mclaren were fast with the hard tyres. But with the soft the pace was not there. The car didn't work with the soft tyres this weekend, it's why they were slow at the start of the race.

Ferrari was way faster with the soft, and with the hard Ferrari were a bit faster, it was more or less equal between them.

Cylinder
Cylinder

Raptor22 wrote:The Ferrari has had race pace all year. They just can't get it going during qualifying.
Alonso has been impressive this year but Vettel more so in my view, that's why he's leading the championship. Mr Brundle has proven time and agains that when he gets an opportunity to voice a negative opinion against a German driver he does so with great joy,

No offense, but that's one of the worst posts iv'e read today, and that's saying something considering ive got one eye on Autosport forums where apparently the ferrari and red bull are pretty much equal in pace. :roll:

0versteer
0versteer

Sombrero wrote:Let's put it that way : Alonso has right now the second best car at the moment in term of race pace and not so far away from the Red Bull. He did a good start and manages to stay right behind Webber. Then he pass Mark because of the yellow flag and the KERS failure. Where is the big deal ?
the deal is general performance. And he didn't passed because of the yellow flags? Yellow flags were cleared already, otherwise that pass would be illegal... anyway, guys from Ferrari amazed about the performance of Fernando Alonso, they know it is not the car only, Fernando has been doing tremendous job. Moreover Ferrari Official Twitter account commented about Fernando's performance as "Every lap he has been doing is like a Qulify. lap"

After race, Sky sport guys like Hill, Herbert and so on, plus Adrian Newey also commented about his performance, positively... I don't know, nearly everyone who involves in Formula1 professional way admit that Alonso is doing a very good job like he did today... and I've been thinking the same way they do, in terms of performance he is the one right now... I am not underestimating the performance of Vettel, I think he is also better than the last years...

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Cylinder wrote:
Raptor22 wrote:The Ferrari has had race pace all year. They just can't get it going during qualifying.
Alonso has been impressive this year but Vettel more so in my view, that's why he's leading the championship. Mr Brundle has proven time and agains that when he gets an opportunity to voice a negative opinion against a German driver he does so with great joy,

No offense, but that's one of the worst posts iv'e read today, and that's saying something considering ive got one eye on Autosport forums where apparently the ferrari and red bull are pretty much equal in pace. :roll:

IMHO, we don't know the true pace of RB.. I think if Ferrari manage to be closer in quali, they can beat them. I would love to see Vettel and Webber let say, 2-3 behind Alonso after the lap one.

Cylinder
Cylinder

0versteer wrote:
Sombrero wrote:Let's put it that way : Alonso has right now the second best car at the moment in term of race pace and not so far away from the Red Bull. He did a good start and manages to stay right behind Webber. Then he pass Mark because of the yellow flag and the KERS failure. Where is the big deal ?
the deal is general performance. And he didn't passed because of the yellow flags? Yellow flags were cleared already, otherwise that pass would be illegal... anyway, guys from Ferrari amazed about the performance of Fernando Alonso, they know it is not the car only, Fernando has been doing tremendous job. Moreover Ferrari Official Twitter account commented about Fernando's performance as "Every lap he has been doing is like a Qulify. lap"

After race, Sky sport guys like Hill, Herbert and so on, plus Adrian Newey also commented about his performance, positively... I don't know, nearly everyone who involves in Formula1 professional way admit that Alonso is doing a very good job like he did today... and I've been thinking the same way they do, in terms of performance he is the one right now... I am not underestimating the performance of Vettel, I think he is also better than the last years...
You are Spot on........even Adrian Newey was gushing over what Alonso was doing today, but i dont know who to believe, Adrian Newey, or Armchair pundits watching the live tming screens.....tough choice.

PlatinumZealot

Alonso was on the limit the whole time.

Vettel was cruising....

Webber was saving tyres; until his KERS failiure and he was still the same pace as Alonso then...
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Cylinder
Cylinder

Can I just be controversial again and say that Mark Webber is pathetic, he cant even put up a fight to Vettel for even a single lap? Jeeezzz, he's deffo a number two driver, he got obliterated in the 1st few laps. That's my opinion, feel free to object.

0versteer
0versteer

Cylinder wrote:
0versteer wrote:

You are Spot on........even Adrian Newey was gushing over what Alonso was doing today, but i dont know who to believe, Adrian Newey, or Armchair pundits watching the live tming screens.....tough choice.
anyway, everybody has some toughts, let's put it this way, I think there is no overperforming of the car's performance, all you can do is, getting as much as closer to the peak performance of the car, and Alonso and Vettel are doing this job right now, they are on their good form. But Vettel has a little bit car performance advantage, that's obvious for me...

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

True. I think Germany and GB demonstrated that when they got qualifying right (in those cases, only because of the weather) then they have the race pace to challenge for the win. Although this was not true in the first 4 races, or certain specific tracks.

Similar thing can be said about the Red Bull too (up until Suzuka). Since then, they've been dominant.

Alonso has been impressive this year but Vettel more so in my view, that's why he's leading the championship.
He's leading the championship because his car has become dominant in the last 3 or 4 races.
Mr Brundle has proven time and agains that when he gets an opportunity to voice a negative opinion against a German driver he does so with great joy, even if he lets the facts gets in the way of a good story.
This time last year, Brundle was comparing Vettel with the likes of Jim Clark and Senna. He might have had an agenda against Schumacher, but he doesn't to have anything against Vettel - in fact he seems to quite like him. With Alonso, he is also complimentary of his driving skills, but is less complimentary regarding his personality.
Fernando is making good use of a car that treats its tyres well especially on lower fuel loads.
Hamilton seem to eat his tyres early in the stint, while Button just seems fickle on car set up. He set the timing board alight on the last lap, What happened to the rest of the GP?
Generally speaking, Alonso and the Mclarens were much more competitive on the harder tyre relative to the Red Bulls.

Cylinder
Cylinder

Guys apparently Alonso said in his t.v interview that there is a bad atmosphere in Mcaren at the moment and that he was only able to get past the mclarens because of the way they were fighting each other.

Interesting eh? He seems to talk to lewis every now and again, do wonder if Lewis tipped him off? We all know Lewis and Button dont really like each other.