2012 Indian Grand Prix - Buddh

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Re: 2012 Indian Grand Prix - Buddh

Yeah, I too think they should. The only way to win is if they have significant improvements a la RBR or start from the front, or Vettel has multiple DNF's. But the latter is the least probable so they really need to win the race on Saturday.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

raymondu999

Yes. At this rate they need Red Bull to have two bad weekends. As someone pointed out - in these last 4 races, 3 wins would clinch the title for Vettel, regardless of where Alonso finishes at any of the 4 remaining races, or where Vettel finishes the other race.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

zztopless
zztopless

RB_[Gnx] wrote:Buddh has almost the same profile as Yeongam with two long Straights and a mix of Low/High Speed Corners
Have to disagree with this. Aside from the hairpins at the end of the straights (four if you include T1, T3, T4 & T16) that most tracks have, there is no series of slow speed corners like S3 in Korea. Basically you have hairpins and straights from T16 to T4, then all medium to high speed corners from the exit of T4 until the T16 hairpin.

If Red Bull have got their mojo back on the high speed corners then sectors two and three should suit them. Traction and speed on the straights will also be useful.

godlameroso

Ironically enough the fastest car is the one that owns sector 3, just like in Korea.
Saishū kōnā

Vasconia

Vettel will smash the competence, followed by Mclaren and Alonso will struggle to reach the podium.

I also expect to see FI and Toro Rosso in the points, a DNF for one or both of the Mercedes(the one who has the DNF will be lucky).

ArchAngel

Vasconia wrote:...a DNF for one or both of the Mercedes(the one who has the DNF will be lucky).
Funny :lol: but sad :( but true. :x

ROS picked the perfect time to take his quota of DNFs for the season, when the car can't even fight for P10 anymore. Whereas MSC had his ridiculous streak of DNFs when the car was still a podium contender.

clipsy1H

guys chance for rain Sunday? [-o<

Vasconia

ArchAngel wrote:
Vasconia wrote:...a DNF for one or both of the Mercedes(the one who has the DNF will be lucky).
Funny :lol: but sad :( but true. :x

ROS picked the perfect time to take his quota of DNFs for the season, when the car can't even fight for P10 anymore. Whereas MSC had his ridiculous streak of DNFs when the car was still a podium contender.
Yes, this is truly annoying. Without any doubt Rosberg can feel lucky in this aspect, he got his first victory and some podiums when the car was not bad, and now when it is a utter --- he is seeing how Michael struggles so much to reach a quite sad 13th position.

Its so sad to see how a so commited and passionated person like him has lost any motivation to race, only read his last comments, he is counting the days to leave Mercedes. Terrible.

raymondu999

clipsy1H wrote:guys chance for rain Sunday? [-o<
I'm not familiar with Indian geography, but to my knowledge the race is after the end of the monsoon season. You do NOT want rain in India, because when it does rain it's worse than Malaysia. No chance the race will be done under a safety car - it will just be redflagged completely.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

clipsy1H

raymondu999 wrote:
I'm not familiar with Indian geography, but to my knowledge the race is after the end of the monsoon season. You do NOT want rain in India, because when it does rain it's worse than Malaysia. No chance the race will be done under a safety car - it will just be redflagged completely.
yes :D qualifying on wet with Michael ; Alonso in top 3 and Vettel out of top 5 and then Sunday safety-car all race:mrgreen:

raymondu999

Ummm... no. Rain in qualifying would mean qualifying just gets postponed.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Jackuar

raymondu999 wrote:
I'm from India... And its not rainy season for the Northern part now and neither winter has started. Temps should be around 85-90, not more than 95 F at max.
Finishing second is being the first one of losers....

FrukostScones

29-32 C all weeekend, maybe hot enough for a Lotus win or Pirelli Lottery. No rain expected. No Red Bull win please. [-o<
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

Guys, there was nothing wrong with the tires. They just wanted to prevent SV from unnecessary ''my d**k is biggest'' games at the end... :wink:

SamH123
SamH123

Maybe Grosjean or Raikonnen with coanda exhaust and high temperatures can snick a podium

I don't know if this looks like a good track for them and in fact what tracks exactly are good for Lotus?