2012 Indian Grand Prix - Buddh

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Cylinder
Cylinder

Re: 2012 Indian Grand Prix - Buddh

donskar wrote:Congratulations to S Vettel, 2012 WDC.

Condolences to F Alonso, throwing away the best years of his career with a team incapable of giving him the car he deserves.
As a Ferrari fan, I kind of agree with you. Even Damon Hill backed up what I was saying in a quote controversial thread yesterday....and he was saying nearly word for word what I was saying

The way Ferrari rely on Alonso is not good, imo, its embarrassing, I hear today Stella was pepping him up with inspirational "come on we know you can do it" stuff over the Radio.... :roll:

It shouldnt be like that, Ferrari have not upheld their end of the bargin to Fernando at all, they throw the guy to the Wolves every week.

"Well Fern the car is still crap, but here's a pen, Vettel has a machine gun, go in there and do the best you can, come Fern we know you can do it".

It's really not on and if he started throwing the toys out of the pram, I wouldn't complain tbh.

Mesteño

On twitter:"positions won by Vettel in all the championship... -2. Alonso +40. " is that true?

kris
kris

I feel pirelli erred in their tyre choices for this race.. they seem to be too coonservative.. 1 stop races seem to be too dependent on alonso for kicks..

raymondu999

Mesteño wrote:On twitter:"positions won by Vettel in all the championship... -2. Alonso +40. " is that true?
I don't understand. What positions?
kris wrote:I feel pirelli erred in their tyre choices for this race.. they seem to be too coonservative.. 1 stop races seem to be too dependent on alonso for kicks..
They saw it coming last year, and they still didn't change it for this year. Sigh.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

SamH123
SamH123

Criticizing the Ferrari team for their car is a very simplistic view imo

They've got a car that is almost on par with the rampant and Newey perfected RB in races after starting the year with a car that could barely make Q3. RB will be improving all the time as well and yet Ferrari have nearly caught up

Many, including TV pundits said Ferrari have no chance of improving as much as they need to at the beginning of the year and now are back to criticizing them again!!

0versteer
0versteer

one of the main reason of makes Fernando and Ferrari suffer, that updates which didn't work. I remember, there was a time Ferrari brought front wings back to back 3 races, never used one of them in the race...

than Red Bull brought DDRS, their new exaust which works even off-throtle and the other big stuffs, they nearly all worked...

Of course we should congratulate Ferrari engineers, the car was crap in the beginning of the season, they improved the car a lot, but what was the source of the problem? their work again... they recovered what they did wrong, but as we can see, it is simply not enough for World Championship

raymondu999

I actually think Ferrari's race pace was good today. Look at Webber - once he didn't have KERS he was a sitting duck to Alonso, and Alonso was even pulling away at one stage. If Webber was indeed cruising, he could have covered the 3-4 tenths advantage KERS had given him by pushing harder.

Where they fell back however was not making it through Button earlier in the race. Their lower grid start means they have more ground to make up in the races, more chances of getting in a midfield collision and means more chance of getting stuck in traffic.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mesteño

raymondu999 wrote:
Mesteño wrote:On twitter:"positions won by Vettel in all the championship... -2. Alonso +40. " is that true?
I meant the same that overtakings, sorry for my english.

SamH123
SamH123

Mesteño wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:
I meant the same that overtakings, sorry for my english.
I understood what you meant
The stat looks wrong though imo - in Belgium/Monaco Vettel made up loads of places but i can't remember Vettel losing many?

raymondu999

Perhaps (just perhaps) that is based on aggregates of starting positions, vs aggregates of finishing positions, and doing the sums? Vettel lost out a good deal (if that's how it's calculated) based on having good starting positions, and Valencia and Monza
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Vanja #66

So did Alonso in Spa and Japan...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

turbof1

Maybe only races where they finished are counted? It would not be that extrodinary; Alonso would need to win an average of 2.67 positions each of the 15 races he finished. Vettel barely really won some places on a few occasions, more often actually loosing places when he wasn't starting from pole.
#AeroFrodo

ell66
ell66

I dont agree with the bashing on ferrari, theres only so much you can improve the car, and look at the pace of it when the season began. Its just not fundamentally as good as the RB8.

mclaren ruined themselves this year, throwing away so many points through basic errors coupled with poor end of season reliability, to make it worse there stuck with an overrated mexican and button who with all due respect wont be winning another championship unless provided with clearly he fastest machinery.

Red bull have had the best car all season, aside from maybe 1-2 races there pace is always excellent, it was only a matter of time before they got there qualifying consistently sorted.

Raptor22
Raptor22

Cylinder wrote:
CHT wrote:
Cylinder wrote:Guys apparently Alonso said in his t.v interview that there is a bad atmosphere in Mcaren at the moment and that he was only able to get past the mclarens because of the way they were fighting each other.

Interesting eh? He seems to talk to lewis every now and again, do wonder if Lewis tipped him off? We all know Lewis and Button dont really like each other.
Actually I had a funny feling that Lewis was reluctant to close in on Alonso because Lewis would prefer alonso to win the Wdc instead of vettel. Once alonso overtook webber you could immediately see Lewis picking up the pace.
Im not sure how valid that argument is, however its no secret Lewis and Alonso have little respect for Vettel, they think he is all car and neither one of them would flinch at the chance to go 1 on 1 with him in equal cars. Not saying thats right or wrong, but Alonso made it crystal clear in an interview which is available on youtube that Seb isn't on Hamilton's level and hamilton has said the same thing in reverse, hamilton also said he hopes Alonso wins the title.

eeerrrrrm, Both flinched to join other teams instead of race alongside Vettel... lets not let facts get in the way of a good story hey....
Both Alonso and Hamilton moved to join big manufacturer backed teams who alleged spend less then RedBull yet have bigger engieering teams and more windtunnels available to them.... :wtf:

Cylinder
Cylinder

Raptor22 wrote:
eeerrrrrm, Both flinched to join other teams instead of race alongside Vettel... lets not let facts get in the way of a good story hey....
Another nonsensical post, that's 2 in 2, now, no doubt you will complete the Grand Chelem with the next post.

They dont respect him, that's just the way it is and they do not fear him at all, Hamilton made it pretty clear he was open to drive alongside vettel and red bull closed the door on him joining.....Alonso doesn't lose a wink of sleep over him either, the only driver Alonso would worry about is Hamilton, because he knows Hamilton is the real fastest driver in the sport over a lap, anyone else, he's not bothered.