2012 Indian Grand Prix - Buddh

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
alogoc
alogoc

Re: 2012 Indian Grand Prix - Buddh

If Ferrari India update works,i think we will see an EPIC ending of 2012 season!

ALONSOvsVETTEL!

Even non Ferrari/Alonso fan would like the update to work!
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

I think Redbull will be still number 1 in India, too. However, second place will be so though to get. From what I see in Korea, I believe Ferrari, McLaren and Lotus will be almost equal. I am expecting very tight battle!

RedB > Ferrari = Lotus = McLaren...

Very exciting.

Sombrero
Sombrero

Ferrari will need several excellent updates to catch the Red Bull and the austrians won't stand still... Curiously now Massa seems to be... faster than Fernando !

raymondu999

foxmulder_ms wrote:I think Redbull will be still number 1 in India, too. However, second place will be so though to get. From what I see in Korea, I believe Ferrari, McLaren and Lotus will be almost equal. I am expecting very tight battle!

Very exciting.
Lotus? They were sort of slower than McLaren and Ferrari in Korea IMO.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

raymondu999 wrote:
foxmulder_ms wrote:I think Redbull will be still number 1 in India, too. However, second place will be so though to get. From what I see in Korea, I believe Ferrari, McLaren and Lotus will be almost equal. I am expecting very tight battle!

Very exciting.
Lotus? They were sort of slower than McLaren and Ferrari in Korea IMO.
True, but warmer temperatures should help them surely.

raymondu999

Is it warm enough? IIRC they needed something like 35-40 temps to really be competitive.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

Sombrero wrote:Ferrari will need several excellent updates to catch the Red Bull and the austrians won't stand still... Curiously now Massa seems to be... faster than Fernando !
I read in autosprint that the speed trap figures for the Ferrari's without DRS open were quite different - with Alonso running less wing than Massa, and this contributed to Alonso struggling with the tyres more than Massa.

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

raymondu999 wrote:Is it warm enough? IIRC they needed something like 35-40 temps to really be competitive.
don't know how accurate this website is, but it says temperatures will be around 30 degrees with no cloud cover

http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Racing/ ... spx?sday=7

raymondu999

No I'm talking about Lotus. Beelsebob did some correlation a while back which showed a clear trend between Lotus finishing positions and the temps.
Gerhard Berger wrote:I read in autosprint that the speed trap figures for the Ferrari's without DRS open were quite different - with Alonso running less wing than Massa, and this contributed to Alonso struggling with the tyres more than Massa.
Well the speedtrap had Alonso at 315.6kph and Massa at 315.5kph... that's an entire 100mph difference... :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

raymondu999 wrote:No I'm talking about Lotus. Beelsebob did some correlation a while back which showed a clear trend between Lotus finishing positions and the temps.
Yep, they have the same problem that Ferrari had last year - getting heat into the tyres.
Well the speedtrap had Alonso at 315.6kph and Massa at 315.5kph... that's an entire 100mph difference... :P
These are the figures with DRS open :P

raymondu999

If there was a wing level difference, they would still be reflected in the speedtraps. Not as much - the difference would be reduced, but the difference would still be there.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

raymondu999 wrote:If there was a wing level difference, they would still be reflected in the speedtraps. Not as much - the difference would be reduced, but the difference would still be there.
Surely the gearing also plays a part?

raymondu999

Yes the gearing plays a part. Generally in DRS-open mode you hear the cars banging on the limiter anyways. Or are you suggesting they had the same 7th gear even with different downforce levels?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Vasconia

SamH123 wrote:Maybe Grosjean or Raikonnen with coanda exhaust and high temperatures can snick a podium

I don't know if this looks like a good track for them and in fact what tracks exactly are good for Lotus?
I think that even Lotus doesnt know the answer!

My last hope with Michael is a rainy race in Brazil.

CHT
CHT

Sombrero wrote:Ferrari will need several excellent updates to catch the Red Bull and the austrians won't stand still... Curiously now Massa seems to be... faster than Fernando !
actually i think Ferrari biggest worries is Mclaren, Sauber and Lotus. If any of the team start catching up on Ferrari. then Alonso championship race will be over.