future of ferrari

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jaslfc
jaslfc

ferrari will always be a team that will be taken seriously... but i think its shumacher that made ferrari wat it is (last ten years) ... he manage to build a dream team around him... another person with the same power to pull the right talent around him is rossi.. thats why i seriously think ferrrari is trying to persuade him to come to formula 1. he also built a dream team around him in yamaha..

dcdabest
dcdabest

For many decades (prior to Schumacher), Ferrari were actually more the laughing-stock of the paddock. Big budgets were wasted on a team rife with internal politicking. On the occasions that McLaren have had a decent engine, they have tended to dominate in the past.
Im thinking of all the li'l starving Africans...

RH1300S
RH1300S

jaslfc wrote:ferrari will always be a team that will be taken seriously... but i think its shumacher that made ferrari wat it is (last ten years) ... he manage to build a dream team around him... another person with the same power to pull the right talent around him is rossi.. thats why i seriously think ferrrari is trying to persuade him to come to formula 1. he also built a dream team around him in yamaha..
I half agree with you - Rossi is great at pulling a team around him, like Schumacher is. I think Ferrari's problem will be that the difference between success and total failure in F1 is so tiny that it's not good enough to have someone like Rossi, you need a top level driver and top level people everywhere else.

MS has built Ferrari around himself over the last few years, which makes them vulnerable to change.

Where Ron Dennis is very smart, he drives that top level selection of people and facilities and then nurtures great drivers so, keeps McLaren strong - probably the best team principal in the business (Even if my heart wants to see Williams up at the top level again - FW & PH racers to the core!).

Just an aside - I wonder if MS has any plans to be a Team Principal and would he be any good?
Last edited by RH1300S on 07 Aug 2005, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.

Scuderia_Russ

I agree. I'd love to see Williams back on top. I also greatly admire Ron Dennis for what he has achieved from starting out as a mechanic at Brabham. The only man i admire more than him is Colin Chapman.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

RH1300S
RH1300S

Scuderia_Russ wrote:I agree. I'd love to see Williams back on top. I also greatly admire Ron Dennis for what he has achieved from starting out as a mechanic at Brabham. The only man i admire more than him is Colin Chapman.
I can't place Chapman & Dennis in the same space in my mind (if you know what I mean).

Dennis, the highly competitive, brilliant manager and team builder.

Chapman, outrageous, ruthless, manipulative, utterly brilliant, competitive - genius - and HERO

EDIT: Forgot DYNAMIC :wink: