A Message For The Hamilton Supporters

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Raptor22
Raptor22

Re: A Message For The Hamilton Supporters

I am usually an avid supporter of the underdog. Hamilton's attitude to his racing has been poor since 2008. Not sure why, maybe its his celebrity lifestyle but he's only won one WDC....

I just don't really expect a lot from him except misfortune. He has trned himself into a Nigel Mansell only more of a media personna. He really needs to get a grip. I hope Mercedes will teach him humility

Nando
Nando

Looks to me you haven´t listened to him say a single word this season.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

siskue2005

truely flawless season from Lewis
how many times did he stop from lead ?? 4 times?
that is more win than anyone else, if it had happened
it was really sad to see him with all the problems this season

raymondu999

siskue2005 wrote:truely flawless season from Lewis
Does Brazil count? Brazil I'd sort of half give him the lead, because had Hulkenberg pulled off the move, he would've been in the lead - and he'd shown earlier that he had the pace to stay ahead of Hamilton. But technically he was still ahead and retired - though not to reliability.

He had 2 lead retirements if I'm not mistaken - Singapore and Abu Dhabi. It seems more because they all came together (only several races apart) and they're very recent in the mind
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Nando
Nando

Yup 2 retirements from the actual lead. then if you want to count Brazil or not is up to the individual,
I think Hulk might have taken it, he was flying together with Button in tricky conditions.
When it dried up Hamilton instantly started reeling them in.

He had 7 pole positions and 4 wins. 2 more with Abu/Sing and if we count Brazil then he would have had one more pole then Vettel but 2 more wins then him.

raymondu999

Nando wrote:I think Hulk might have taken it, he was flying together with Button in tricky conditions.
When it dried up Hamilton instantly started reeling them in.
Yup agreed. My point was - from that point of view, it wasn't a lost win. But technically, it was a "retirement from the lead."
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Shrieker

I think Hamilton was going to win at Interlagos, but I feel Barcelona was more of a lost win. McLaren were really really high this season...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Nando
Nando

Good point i would call that a löst win probably (Barca)

raymondu999

Somewhat counterintuitively and with hindsight, I don't think it was to be honest. Hamilton's pole was a good lap - but Maldonado was all over the place and missing apexes, but wasn't too far off. Martin Brundle actually commented then that when he did 2 voiceovers for a pole lap feature - at first Lewis then Pastor, it looked to him that the Williams was lookin better than Hamilton, and he thought that save for mistakes, Maldonado would have been on genuine pole.

Looking back at Friday data, my own numbers had Maldonado at about a quarter of a second quicker on long run pace. Obviously I at the time wrote it off as light fuel - but in hindsight it obviously wasn't. That Williams IMO was genuinely the quickest raceday and quali car there.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Nando
Nando

I disagree, i think that with the introduction of Hamilton at the front, Maldonado´s way to 2nd place in T1 would not be that straight cut.

Hamilton P1, Maldo P2, he has no draft, he had problems with Alonso so imagine Alonso getting drafted of Hamilton and possibly stick it on the inside.

raymondu999

It didn't stop him chasing Alonso down and still overtaking in the pit phases.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Nando
Nando

raymondu999 wrote:It didn't stop him chasing Alonso down and still overtaking in the pit phases.
Yea but again, it´s a different situation all together if you are not fighting for the lead but fighting for 2nd place.

We know the Mclaren was stupid quick on low fuel, we know the race pace was respectable and we know the tire wear was actually pretty good considering Hamilton´s one stop less.
Add another stop in which would allow Hamilton to push more and it´s a different ball game in my opinion.

PlatinumZealot

raymondu999 wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:truely flawless season from Lewis
Does Brazil count? Brazil I'd sort of half give him the lead, because had Hulkenberg pulled off the move, he would've been in the lead - and he'd shown earlier that he had the pace to stay ahead of Hamilton. But technically he was still ahead and retired - though not to reliability.

He had 2 lead retirements if I'm not mistaken - Singapore and Abu Dhabi. It seems more because they all came together (only several races apart) and they're very recent in the mind
That hulkendburg move was impossible. Watch the on board video and look at Hulks line on the wet side...
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

lebesset
lebesset

I believe that had hamilton been in alonso's car he would have been WDC

the ferrari was bomb proof and competitive enough in most races , the problem being that alonso wasn't quick enough in qually..... and I have no doubt that hamilton would have been better

alonso had 2 DNF's ,got grosjeaned in one race and was largely responsible for the other ...even allowing for hamilton having the same thing I believe he would have racked up enough points to be champion
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

raymondu999

That's a very interesting way to look at it. Perhaps if we were to ascertain how much "better" or "worse" Hamilton would've been in Alonso's machinery, we could look at their 2007 qualifying head to head, looking at the relative laptimes.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法