Red Bull RB9-Renault (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
LionKing
LionKing

Re: Red Bull RB9-Renault (pre-launch speculation)

I think it is the other way around.
McLaren has achieved 25% average over much much longer period (5x races compared to RB) which is more difficult to achieve and sustain.

stefan_
stefan_

Red Bull to launch RB9 on 3 February

Red Bull will unveil its new RB9 chassis during a presentation at its Milton Keynes factory on Sunday 3 February. The World Champions, who claimed a third successive Constructors' title last season, will be present at the opening pre-season test.

"The RB9 will be unveiled on Sunday 3 February in Milton Keynes ahead of the first test in Jerez," the team explained via Twitter on Thursday. "More details to follow."

Red Bull joins McLaren, Force India and Sauber in announcing a launch date for its 2013 contender. McLaren is set to be the first team to reveal its new car at Woking on 31 January, with Force India following on 1 February and Sauber one day later.

The first pre-season test takes place at the Circuito de Jerez from 5-8 February.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

KATO

We Allready know this but it's on the Website.. The luanch dates for the team and other teams..
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 14188.html
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

wesley123
wesley123

KATO wrote:We Allready know this but it's on the Website.. The luanch dates for the team and other teams..
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 14188.html
Is it really needed to post this in every topic?

There is a launch date topic
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =1&t=14501
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

beelsebob
beelsebob

So, we're now at McLaren up and over 3, Red Bull Tunnel 1. Will red bull change their mind on which is more optimal I wonder?

Nando
Nando

Newey will do it again, i bet we´ll all go "aha....ohhhh....wow" when we see the car.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

f1316
f1316

I bet the RB9 is as superficially similar to the RB8 as the McLaren and the Ferrari - both of which, on first glace, I thought look extremely similar.

But on both cars there was a lot underneath the surface that was different and interesting, and no doubt a hell of a lot to come. I think there'll be some interesting tweaks on the RB, but no silver bullet. Even if they had it, they wouldn't show it.

turbof1

The RB9 will just be another evolution. Expect a RB7 like nose, MAYBE front pull rod and after that just numerous optimalizations. Nothing unusual probably.
#AeroFrodo

RicerDude

beelsebob wrote:So, we're now at McLaren up and over 3, Red Bull Tunnel 1. Will red bull change their mind on which is more optimal I wonder?
I wonder what Lotus will think if RedBull ditch their ramp/tunnel. :lol:

Neno
Neno

RicerDude wrote:
beelsebob wrote:So, we're now at McLaren up and over 3, Red Bull Tunnel 1. Will red bull change their mind on which is more optimal I wonder?
Lotus ramp isn't same like Red Bull, it's combination of Mclaren and Red Bull exaust, it's kind of unique on their ways.
But Lotus wouldn't put their ramp, if dose not have effect, they had last two months to study what exaust system is most optional and what system will use their benefit, so Lotus didnt put ramp only because Red Bull have it.

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

Honestly, I think much of the development will be underneath the covers. Considering what hampered them, far more than their tunnels and ramps and exhausts, were their alternators and KERS, I'm sure a lot of money went into making the mechanics and electrical systems bullet-proof.

If they took their RB8, gave it the RB7 nose, a slightly refined tunnel-ramp exhaust, and fixed the aforementioned issues above, then they'll sweep 2013. The only detriment they had in qualifying was top speed (due to focusing on DF levels), which was offset by the DDRS. New quali rules will benefit their max-DF design philosophy.

Tamburello
Tamburello

Huntresa wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:My pont is that RBR, IMO - were spending more effort in the last stretch of 2012, compared to their rivals. While others were only upgrading wings and small parts, Red Bull were bringing out new sidepods etc. The scale of the upgrades from other top teams was far smaller.
But it was also needed tho, i mean Mclaren car was pretty fast during the entire year and they only did a major upgrade which was the germany upgrade, but Red Bull had to not do 1 major but pretty much put on the stuff they got at every race.
McLaren wasn't pretty fast the entire year. There was a period in the year that McLaren was really slow in fact, struggled to get into the top 10 in quali. Red Bull never had a lull like that and were more consistently fast.

wesley123
wesley123

Tamburello wrote:
Huntresa wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:My pont is that RBR, IMO - were spending more effort in the last stretch of 2012, compared to their rivals. While others were only upgrading wings and small parts, Red Bull were bringing out new sidepods etc. The scale of the upgrades from other top teams was far smaller.
But it was also needed tho, i mean Mclaren car was pretty fast during the entire year and they only did a major upgrade which was the germany upgrade, but Red Bull had to not do 1 major but pretty much put on the stuff they got at every race.
McLaren wasn't pretty fast the entire year. There was a period in the year that McLaren was really slow in fact, struggled to get into the top 10 in quali. Red Bull never had a lull like that and were more consistently fast.
I cant remember McLaren struggling to get in the top 10. They had a small dip but were pretty much fastest over the whole year
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

raymondu999

RicerDude wrote:
I doubt it. Remember how McLaren went snow plough in 2010-2011, but Williams ditched it?
Tamburello wrote:
Huntresa wrote:
I only remember a couple of races where McLaren were clearly behind Red Bull on pace. Otherwise they were competitive or quicker on pace. Mind you reliability wasn't too great.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

munudeges
munudeges

raymondu999 wrote:I only remember a couple of races where McLaren were clearly behind Red Bull on pace. Otherwise they were competitive or quicker on pace. Mind you reliability wasn't too great.
It's amazing how short memories can be.