Red Bull RB9-Renault (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Nando
Nando

Re: Red Bull RB9-Renault (pre-launch speculation)

raymondu999 wrote:
turbof1 wrote:I just think it has less to do with culture more with that you missed the sarcasm :p.
And the reason I missed it couldn't be linked to cultural reasons? :lol:
that would be an excuse. you are not a culture. You are obviously not part of the 0.5%
All you need to do is relax, loosen up it doesn´t always have to be ones and zeros,

There´s no F1 for many days and some joke could lighten up the place a little but you have to pull with me in order for it to work.
Last edited by Nando on 15 Dec 2012, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

raymondu999

Nando wrote:Lesson #1 - when someone makes a smiley likes this one :wink: which is called "wink" meaning wink wink wink read between the lines.
winking=hinting? I thought that was nudge, not wink? Isn't wink more along the lines of "no problem?"
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Nando
Nando

Maybe it is the culture then.....

i give up.

Edit: ehh no it does not mean "no problem" not sure how you put those dots together.

Have you never said anything to a friend and then blinked with you eye letting him know it´s a joke without saying a word?
Usually when you are three friends and want to fool one of them you need to get the other friend to tag along with the joke, this is where the wink comes into play because it´s discrete and won´t set off alarms in the fooled friend.

pretty universal thing i thought.

raymondu999

I was struggling for words... I meant "cheers" instead of "no problem."
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Nando
Nando

ok fair enough, but no.
the smiley can also be used for girls, like "coming onto" her but in a playful manner.
Basically, blinking eye means sneaky (there´s something more then what is written) in most cases.

example,

Red Bull Technologies 9 - very straight forward, this is my opinion type.
Red Bull Technolgies 9 ;) - something more to it then just the text. think about it, ahh ok now i see.

If it´s a regular smiley that could mean i´m just happy or joking, but the one eyed blink is a telling that there´s more to it.
Last edited by Nando on 15 Dec 2012, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.

raymondu999

Nando wrote:Usually when you are three friends and want to fool one of them you need to get the other friend to tag along with the joke, this is where the wink comes into play because it´s discrete and won´t set off alarms in the fooled friend.

pretty universal thing i thought.
I would mouth what I would say to them to get them along and have them lipread it, usually. Not wink though.
Basically, blinking eye means sneaky (there´s something more then what is written) in most cases.
Ah... interesting. I'll keep that in mind for the future.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Nando
Nando

raymondu999 wrote:I would mouth what I would say to them to get them along and have them lipread it, usually. Not wink though.
So they can´t speak english but lipreading is just fine? not sure where you were born :)

raymondu999 wrote:Ah... interesting. I'll keep that in mind for the future.
Never thought i would educate in social stuff while drinking Captain Morgan but ok :) <--- joke. (same as above)

The reason i said it is because i knew you had been involved in the Red Bull/ RBT discussion so it was just a simple joke.
if you see a blinking eye, wait a couple of seconds to think what the real message is and how it should be interpreted.

raymondu999

Nando wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:I would mouth what I would say to them to get them along and have them lipread it, usually. Not wink though.
So they can´t speak english but lipreading is just fine? not sure where you were born :)
China. That would be mouthing and lipreading Mandarin.
Never thought i would educate in social stuff while drinking Captain Morgan but ok :) <--- joke. (same as above)
I'll just take it that a Captain Morgan isn't a very "serious" beverage (eg. coffee/tea) :lol:
The reason i said it is because i knew you had been involved in the Red Bull/ RBT discussion so it was just a simple joke.
I get that now, but I didn't get that then. I took the wink to be a pre-emptive "you're welcome" for a helpful post.

After all, you have to remember that when anyone formally studies a foreign language, they wouldn't learn much of of the local slang - nor would we have been exposed over several years to the local "flavoring" you put on your languages - in this case, sarcasm.

Probably would be the same in reverse (if you were to study Mandarin) for me - but since the mother tongue of this forum is English, I don't really have much to do in that department :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

turbof1

raymondu999 wrote:
turbof1 wrote:I just think it has less to do with culture more with that you missed the sarcasm :p.
And the reason I missed it couldn't be linked to cultural reasons? :lol:
Ehmm, no offense meant, but even though most people in your country can't understand english, you certainly can. It's a strong feat if you belong to those 0.5%, but would also mean you should be able to understand basic implicit messages.
Understanding English, and understanding sarcasm, are two quite different things.
Ehmm, I am gonna pass on this one. Don't want to get a big bang theory sheldon situation :P
#AeroFrodo

Nando
Nando

that´s the best thing. Just as i did now.

dren

So, the Red Bull will continue down the path of having high downforce from the diffuser aided by the engine exhaust. There will be flexy wings. Will the exhaust ramp remain, or will there be some other form of coanda at the rear?

I expect the car to look almost identical to the RB8, but with a slightly different nose due to the hump regulation.
Last edited by dren on 17 Dec 2012, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.
Honda!

raymondu999

Knowing Newey, it will probably be evolution rather than revolution.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

NathanOlder

Interesting, but I take this with a pinch of salt. As Its not like Red Bull were the only team bringing updates to the late races. So to me, its nothing unusual. Christ, if this was Brawn saying this many people would be going on about excusses blah blah blah.
I feel Newey does this alot (playing down hopes. Always sensible)
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

raymondu999

To be fair - which team did you see constantly bringing bodywork updates as big as Red Bull's in the last third of the season? They were bringing in new exhaust bodywork practically every race
失败者找理由,成功者找方法