Scuderia Ferrari 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sevach
Sevach

Re: Scuderia Ferrari 2013

For next season we have brand new regulations, that means brand new opportunities.
Last time new regs were introduced Ferrari was way behind the curve and guess what? Super Aguri engineers came up with the must have thing of the season.

It's a good thing that they are preparing better this time, and because of the new rules Byrne won't have to compare to a design Newey has been refining and perfecting for 5 years.

f1316
f1316

Neno wrote:
f1316 wrote:I'm very surprised this isn't a bigger story - seems pretty major to have one of the most successful designers in F1 history returning to design a car for the most successful team in the sport's history, just in time for a major rule change...
yes but he was retired couple of years, comebacks are always hard, specialy when you are 70 years old, new tehnology, new car designs new rules, sorry but i would rather give a chance some young talented person, who have energy to keep up and constantly progress.
this is real world, it's not anime, it's not Muten Roshi or Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto :roll:
I don't really know who those people are...

But regardless, my point was that I was reading it on this forum - from seemingly reliable sources - and yet I hadn't heard it elsewhere. Lo and behold, many other F1 news outlets - BBC, Autosport etc. - then verified the story and it did become a major news piece.

In terms of youth vs. experience: there's obviously a balance to be struck. Seems like Byrne is a consultant, which seems like the correct balance to me. I think it would be very foolish to say that Ferrari should not take as much benefit from his considerable experience and success as possible. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and presume it's not what you were saying though.

Hail22

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

f1316
f1316

Clew

“Championships are won in the first half of the season, not just the second half” Raikkonen

King Six
King Six

Re: Ferrari F138

I'd love it if UPS became a title sponsor. We'd go back to red/gold/black Ferrari's :twisted:

gray41

King Six wrote:I'd love it if UPS became a title sponsor. We'd go back to red/gold/brown Ferrari's :twisted:
:P
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

diemaster
diemaster

Alonso: "My only optimism for 2013 is that I fought for the championship last year with a car that was two secs off the pace in testing"

PS: and

Fernando Alonso says the F138 is 'a continuation of last year's car, we need to improve it but I'm relatively confident'.
Last edited by diemaster on 19 Feb 2013, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.

FrukostScones

diemaster wrote:Alonso: "My only optimism for 2013 is that I fought for the championship last year with a car that was two secs off the pace in testing"
I think he needs counselling.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Goran2812
Goran2812

wow, he is clearly not satisfied with the car... hm.. go figure... the numbers look relatively OK... wierd...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

Forghieri

FrukostScones wrote:
diemaster wrote:Alonso: "My only optimism for 2013 is that I fought for the championship last year with a car that was two secs off the pace in testing"
I think he needs counselling.
Who knows, maybe behind closed doors he's doing an Asturian war dance now, while screaming "si,si,si!!! finalmente!!! grande Ferrari grande!!!" who knows..... :wink:
Do you feel you can beat the Red Bulls, either to pole position or the race itself?
Fernando Alonso: "I prefer to beat them on Sunday."

f1316
f1316

Alonso from BBC Sport

"The feeling in the car was OK, more or less as expected," said Alonso.

"It's a continuation of the Brazil car [from the end of last season], let's say, more or less the same feeling.

"I have the same seat, the same pedals, the same everything so when you jump in the car it should be more or less the same as Brazil, so this is at least something good, not like last year when we drove for the first time we were a little bit surprised on the bad side.

"There is a lot of work to do in the next days for tyres, aerodynamics, experimental things that we need to do in the car. We need to do a lot of mileage to prove the cars are strong enough to race."
The car, from what we had heard before, sounded as if it was more balanced than even the Brazil-spec F2012, so it's surprising to hear this. But I suspect Alonso is playing his cards very close to his chest, in the same way the RB drivers keep claiming that their's is just an evolution.

Chuckjr

f1316 wrote:
Alonso from BBC Sport

"The feeling in the car was OK, more or less as expected," said Alonso.

"It's a continuation of the Brazil car [from the end of last season], let's say, more or less the same feeling.

"I have the same seat, the same pedals, the same everything so when you jump in the car it should be more or less the same as Brazil, so this is at least something good, not like last year when we drove for the first time we were a little bit surprised on the bad side.

"There is a lot of work to do in the next days for tyres, aerodynamics, experimental things that we need to do in the car. We need to do a lot of mileage to prove the cars are strong enough to race."
The car, from what we had heard before, sounded as if it was more balanced than even the Brazil-spec F2012, so it's surprising to hear this. But I suspect Alonso is playing his cards very close to his chest, in the same way the RB drivers keep claiming that their's is just an evolution.
Exactly. Speak quietly but carry a big stick.
Watching F1 since 1986.

Hail22

This is one of the reasons I have a lot of respect for Fernando Alonso:

RIP Tono Fernandez
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Kiril Varbanov

For those who love Scuderia and graphic design:
I found the image on Facebook, Ferrari F1 Romania