Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
clipsy1H

Re: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2013

... poor

Dyanxx
Dyanxx

Race pace seems dire, s1 especially is terrible.

Mestrades
Mestrades

The same of every year. Mercedes is 2 secons off the pace.

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

Actually Hamilton did a pretty good job of fending off Webber. That's not bad race pace at all. They aren't two seconds off the pace.

clipsy1H

Maelstrom wrote:Actually Hamilton did a pretty good job of fending off Webber. That's not bad race pace at all. They aren't two seconds off the pace.
lol? he finished race just 1 sec ahead Webber after Mark failed complete at start. This car is far away they can fight just with FI Sauber and Toro Rosso this year. I expect a stronger McLaren in China.

rifrafs2kees
rifrafs2kees

clipsy1H wrote:
Maelstrom wrote:Actually Hamilton did a pretty good job of fending off Webber. That's not bad race pace at all. They aren't two seconds off the pace.
lol? he finished race just 1 sec ahead Webber after Mark failed complete at start. This car is far away they can fight just with FI Sauber and Toro Rosso this year. I expect a stronger McLaren in China.
I am quite sure they didn't get the setup right. Due to last year's rear tire drama, I believe they were overly protective of the rears judging by their low top speed. You've got to remember Lewis was on a compromised strategy also. I don't expect them to fall behind quickly like they did last year

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

clipsy1H wrote:
After Hamilton pitted he overtook Sutil and so did Webber. But Hamilton was able to pull away and hold on to fifth. Webber finished sixth. If the race pace wasn't there then Webber had arond 6-8 laps to overtake Hamilton. Or are you saying RBR is a midfielder too?

clipsy1H

Maelstrom wrote:
clipsy1H wrote:
After Hamilton pitted he overtook Sutil and so did Webber. But Hamilton was able to pull away and hold on to fifth. Webber finished sixth. If the race pace wasn't there then Webber had arond 6-8 laps to overtake Hamilton. Or are you saying RBR is a midfielder too?
dude after start webber falls behind so he was in the hot air all race when hamilton after 2-3 laps was alone and he change tiers after Webber.
This team /car is far behind RB LOTUS and Ferrari ... they score P5 with huge luck...

Shakeman

clipsy1H why are you trolling the Merc threads? You might find the Autosport forum a better fit for that type of discourse.

Can you not remember the start of last year and the teams not fully understanding the tyre setup for several races? Why are you being so quick to rubbish this team and car? RB went backwards are we going to write them off after one race, no, didn't think so. Maybe you have great wisdom and foresight that the team does not possess, if so, please elucidate you are on a forum where we like to know these things but try and throw the odd fact into the discussion.

There are zero distress signals coming from the team, in fact, quite the reverse.

munudeges
munudeges

Cocles wrote:You're joking right? The head of Mercedes-Benz Motorspot flat out tells us how much media value their win in China was worth for their brand, and your response is to argue that he's wrong?
Renault had two very successful years on top of the world where they were actually winning races and championships. In the end they could not derive any justifiable marketing value from running their own team whatsoever. :roll:
Last edited by munudeges on 17 Mar 2013, 12:41, edited 1 time in total.

munudeges
munudeges

Shakeman wrote:Can you not remember the start of last year and the teams not fully understanding the tyre setup for several races? Why are you being so quick to rubbish this team and car?
I remember last year when the year started off quite while for Mercedes and they then promptly fell backwards. I also remember that they tended to qualify reasonably well and then fell quickly backwards once the races started.

Yes, let's all learn from history.........

Anon123
Anon123

I found this quote on another website from Ross Brawn after the race.

"We had a very good opening stint of the race, making the super-soft tyre last until lap 13 for Lewis and lap 14 for Nico. That convinced us that a two-stop strategy was feasible this afternoon. However, the balance on the medium tyre was not what we needed. Having committed to two stops, and adjusted our pace accordingly to preserve the tyres, the decision to convert to a three-stop strategy compromised Lewis relative to those cars who had gone for three from the start. The behaviour of the tyres is something we will have to think about and understand over the next days. Nico was running strongly when he was forced to retire. We saw a drop in voltage from the battery and that stopped the car. Overall, we have made a good step with the car and learned a lot this afternoon. If we can put the pieces of the puzzle together, we have the ingredients to race well."

Ross Brawn

Joie de vivre

They will need to sort out the suspension to work the way it should and also to think about revising the aerodinamics to generate more downforce. A lot can be done there.

Anon123
Anon123

Joie de vivre wrote:They will need to sort out the suspension to work the way it should and also to think about revising the aerodinamics to generate more downforce. A lot can be done there.
It's promising that they are performing as well as they are with all the improvements that can be made to the team and the car, earlier in the year Rosberg said he expects Mercedes to become more competitive throughout the season which is what I think they will do to.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Joie de vivre wrote:They will need to sort out the suspension to work the way it should and also to think about revising the aerodinamics to generate more downforce. A lot can be done there.
What evidence do you have that the suspension is not working the way it was intended to?