Honda returns to F1 in 2015

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
wunderkind
wunderkind

Re: More Honda Rumor Fuel

Honestly, I will only believe it when I see an official announcement.

There are a couple of Oriental gentlemen working at McLaren and maybe they were mistaken as Honda personnel.

Work_in_f1
Work_in_f1

I personally believe that there is some truth in this but there is a big difference between Honda running an engine for a concept study and them running a full racing program with all the bells and whistles. The technology in the KERS & WERS units is pretty unique and would require a great deal of investment. Its all a good fit for their corporate image though and they've been known to run F1 projects in secret before...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_RA099

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XuVd8Yz ... ata_player

It'd be a good outside bet for sure.
Help and advice on getting a job in F1 from within the industry. Plus the odd opinion or two!

http://www.jobinf1.com

Cam

I love rumours. Not sure where to put my money on this one. It's a big gamble to come back into F1 - although that gamble is minimised if it's with someone like McLaren. Question is, who do you believe?
Yoshiharu Yamamoto, told Autocar: “On a personal level I love racing, but there is a lot involved when you are in F1 – it is the very top of auto racing and that requires a large commitment. But it is true that we do look up at those races and hope that one day we can take part again.
“I do not personally think we can just go straight back immediately, but there is potential for the rules to change and attract us. I follow the rules, certainly, and if they present an opportunity then it would be nice to go back.” Source
I made some enquiries in Japan over the last couple of days and it seems there are some significant hurdles to them coming back.
• share price has slumped by over 30% in the last 9 months and the mood I’m getting from sources close to the manufacturer is that there are bigger business issues to deal with before they start thinking about F1 again.
• The there is the issue of exchange rates, which are making Japanese goods very expensive overseas at the moment.
• Perhaps the biggest hurdle would be one of confidence within the Japanese company;
• there hasn’t been any clear sign that they are engaged in building prototypes at this time.
If it turns out that they are – and Japanese sources say not – then it could get very interesting.
Source
Scarb F1 has told me in a private conversation that Honda has already build the engine. So it is not a project it is reality! Source
Wise man once told me that the truth always lies in the middle of the two sides.

Edit: typos
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

dren

The new engine formula fits nicely into the drivetrain going into the next NSX.
Honda!

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

2014:
Mclaren replaces mercedes powerplant with Honda V6 Turbo,
Jenson Button moves to Ferrari to replace Felipe Massa [Whom will go to Sahara Force india]
Bruno Senna will come with the Honda engine deal, placing Bruno Senna alongside Sergio Perez,
Sponsorwise and media-wise a wonderfull deal.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Sawtooth-spike

If Honda return to Mclaren, Honda would not want JB to leave, He is big in Japan.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Dyanxx
Dyanxx

Manoah2u wrote:2014:
Mclaren replaces mercedes powerplant with Honda V6 Turbo,
Jenson Button moves to Ferrari to replace Felipe Massa [Whom will go to Sahara Force india]
Bruno Senna will come with the Honda engine deal, placing Bruno Senna alongside Sergio Perez,
Sponsorwise and media-wise a wonderfull deal.
Some people are not happy about Mclaren's current driver line up with Button and Perez, to replace Button with Bruno Senna would be hilarious...

JayeOFarrell

I could never see JB at Ferrari. It just wouldn't work.
“Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high. Then life seems almost enchanted after all.”
― Vincent van Gogh

Miguel
Miguel

JayeOFarrell wrote:I could never see JB at Ferrari. It just wouldn't work.
That's a non-issue. GM mix Hamilton and Bruno Senna. Problems solved.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

oT v1
oT v1

A good 'tell' would be if Maclaren and JB stepped up media activities in Japan this year.

Or maybe Mercedes will ruin the surprise, like Maclaren did for them in announcing the Lowe deal so early, by stating there is no contract for 2014 :p
The Power of Dreams

dren

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/21655985

BBC is hinting at a 2015 entry for Honda.
Honda!

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Slife
Slife

If its true, Honda and Mercedes literally swapped places in the matter of a few years !

sirexilon
sirexilon

McLaren - Honda 2015 ?

It has been said before, but I just saw some other article about it.

What do you guys think or know?

http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/07304
Life long F1 fan. Always learning about all the tech around my favorite sport.

http://www.facebook.com/f1myway

Neno
Neno

Re: McLaren - Honda 2015 ?

sirexilon wrote:It has been said before, but I just saw some other article about it.

What do you guys think or know?

http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/07304
It's complete true, specialy when Mclaren confirmed it. They said they get in big fight with Mercedes enginners, topic was Hamilton and Lowe, it's seems there is no more "Lowe" between them.

You didnt heard this from me, but this are just rumors.