2013 Chinese GP - Shanghai

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
SilverArrow10

Re: 2013 Chinese GP - Shanghai

What an end the race. China delivers as always. That race made up for everything wrong at Malaysia. =D>
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

SilverArrow10

RB_[Gnx] wrote:Grid Drops for Seb , Mark and Kimi? due to the fact of Using DRS under yellow flag conditions..
They might have 5 seconds taken off of this race, they have done that before when alot of people get a penalty. That wouldn't change for Vettel but would put Kimi in Third.
Last edited by SilverArrow10 on 14 Apr 2013, 11:21, edited 1 time in total.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Mr Alcatraz

bhallg2k wrote:
EDIT: Also unsure if Alonso's girlfriend is legal.
Who cares? 8)
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

stefan_
stefan_

Another great drive by Raikkonen, especially saving the car during the Perez incident and putting the Lotus on 2nd place with a damaged FW and nosecone. Don't know what's happening with Grosjean though, 9th is a poor result from him.

Alonso also did a great race, the pace is in the car and they obviously have a good shot at the WDC.
Very good result from Ricciardo too, nice to see him score good points. Bottas beat Maldonado - another good thing.
I feel sorry for Sutil, if it wasn't for that Schuey-like maneuver of Gutierrez it would have been a better result from FI.

All in all it was a good and enjoyable race, not the catastrophy that some predicted it will happen because of the tires.

Post race penalties because of that DRS on yellow flag thing would be stupid.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

raymondu999

RB_[Gnx] wrote:Grid Drops for Seb , Mark and Kimi? due to the fact of Using DRS under yellow flag conditions..
Button investigated too. IMO if anything comes of it - it would be a 20s penalty, rather than a grid drop.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

kooleracer
kooleracer

Sauber save your season, boot Guiterez let Robin Frijns show his talent.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Mr.G

bhallg2k wrote:EDIT: Also unsure if Alonso's girlfriend is legal.
23y - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dasha_Kapustina
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Shrieker

I love how Merc screwed up the strategy for Lewis on his final stop. They stopped 2 laps later than Raikkonen and essentially handed him 2nd place. Lewis and Kimi had very similar pace, track position (dirty air) made all the difference. All they had to do was try maintain track position which they already had.

I think Torro Rosso should kick Vergne and pair Ricciardo up with Algersuari.
Last edited by Shrieker on 14 Apr 2013, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

kooleracer
kooleracer

Shrieker wrote:I love how Merc screwed up the strategy for Lewis on his final stop. They stopped 2 laps later than Raikkonen and essentially handed him 2nd place. Lewis and Kimi had very similar pace, track position (dirty air) made all the difference. All they had to do was try maintain track position which they already had.
Merc tire wear was worst then Lotus, so they needed to stretch the stint. Otherwise the would be bait at the end. So they covered really good 0,2 ahead of Vettel. If he would have covered Kimi Vettel would have pipped him at the end.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Neno
Neno

Shrieker wrote:I love how Merc screwed up the strategy for Lewis on his final stop. They stopped 2 laps later than Raikkonen and essentially handed him 2nd place. Lewis and Kimi had very similar pace, track position (dirty air) made all the difference. All they had to do was try maintain track position which they already had.
you forgot main reason why lotus hand only mercedes pace, PEREZ!

andartop
andartop

Alonso and Massa synchronized overtake on Lewis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqInD8CNQqM
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

myurr
myurr

Esteban Gutierrez 5 place penalty for the next race. Others are still under investigation.

myurr
myurr

raymondu999 wrote:
Button investigated too. IMO if anything comes of it - it would be a 20s penalty, rather than a grid drop.
Depends. I don't think they'd want to modify the podium, so if Kimi has to get a grid drop to prevent that then it may cascade to the others. Depends who is guilty and who isn't. They may just let them all off, although if an offense has been committed then I hope they don't do that.

Edit: Also if Webber gets a penalty it would have to be at the next race, which again could influence their decision.

Rikhart
Rikhart

Hell, I hope they dont punish Raikkonen for the stupid system not working properly in the first place!

Hail22

Rikhart wrote:Hell, I hope they dont punish Raikkonen for the stupid system not working properly in the first place!
If its fair for one...its fair for the rest that are accused and found guilty...they all committed the same offense correct?
Last edited by Hail22 on 14 Apr 2013, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve