Silly Season 2013/14

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
lio007

Re: Silly Season 2013/14

https://twitter.com/F1Agent/status/418501354320297985 Any thoughts or further information about that?
For me it is hard to believe, because I thought, at least, Sebastian Vettel extended his contract until the end of 2015!?

djos

It's prolly just pre-season rumour mongering to try and put RBR folks off their game.
"In downforce we trust"

Gridlock

Webber already gave the game away IMO, and Vettel has a red contract for 2015.

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

Open Red Bull seat in 2015 sounds attractive right now, particularly to Alonso if he wants out for 2015 - why Mclaren when Red Bull is on offer?

BUT... 2014 may see Red Bull make a bad car, and no Newey (and all the team staff that have been poached this winter) makes it very unattractive.

Talk about a gamble...

NathanOlder

All very interesting. Does anyone know the date that the driver numbers are announced? Romain said the other day, "Only a few days to the numbers being confirmed"
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

CHT
CHT

lio007 wrote:https://twitter.com/F1Agent/status/418501354320297985

Any thoughts or further information about that?
For me it is hard to believe, because I thought, at least, Sebastian Vettel extended his contract until the end of 2015!?
This will perhaps be the final year for Newey and Vettel (IF) Ferrari wins the WDC and WCC in 2014.

Juzh

lio007 wrote:https://twitter.com/F1Agent/status/418501354320297985

Any thoughts or further information about that?
This guy a credible source in the past?

Harsha
Harsha

I think in 2012 December time Both Horner and Newey extended their contracts and same did by SV.
So i really dont think its true unless We get the official Confirmation

lio007

Harsha wrote:I think in 2012 December time Both Horner and Newey extended their contracts and same did by SV.
So i really dont think its true unless We get the official Confirmation
Yes, I honestly hope so, that this "developments" are not true.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

What if Vettel and Newey take on the Red Colors in 2015? :wtf: :idea:

It'd be good for Ferrari to have newey aboard. It would be good for Ferrari to have Vettel aboard.
It would be good for newey to show his last stint in F1 with the reds. It would be good for Vettel to go to Ferrari.

The only flipside is, it wouldn't be good for Vettel to continue being paired with Newey - it would not change the
view Vettel's success is due to Newey's. For Vettel's 'reputation', he'd be best of winning in a non-newey car.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Harsha
Harsha

Manoah2u wrote:What if Vettel and Newey take on the Red Colors in 2015? :wtf: :idea:

It'd be good for Ferrari to have newey aboard. It would be good for Ferrari to have Vettel aboard.
It would be good for newey to show his last stint in F1 with the reds. It would be good for Vettel to go to Ferrari.

The only flipside is, it wouldn't be good for Vettel to continue being paired with Newey - it would not change the
view Vettel's success is due to Newey's. For Vettel's 'reputation', he'd be best of winning in a non-newey car.
Vettel will but Newey dont. He stated that time and time again as his wife dont like to live in Italy.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Agreed. But what if he wouldn't have to? :idea:
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Harsha wrote: Vettel will but Newey dont. He stated that time and time again as his wife dont like to live in Italy.
You’ve won races – and championships – with Williams, McLaren and Red Bull – but there’s onbvious omission – Ferrari. Why have you never gone there?

“I guess it’s a whole combination of reasons. Generally, it’s been timing to be honest. Back in the mid-90s, I had young children at the time and I didn’t completely feel comfortable trying to move my family to Italy when the kids were established at school in the UK. More recently, when I felt in my latter days at McLaren that I was going a bit stale, I felt I needed a new challenge. While the Ferrari job would have been a challenge, it was still an established team, where Ross [Brawn] had been for some time with a considerable amount of success. I didn’t fancy stepping into that one.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2013/10/r ... nd-vettel/
No reason to think that if he got an offer for 2015- and they don't win this years WDC/WCC that he wouldn't fancy going there.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Jonnycraig wrote:
Harsha wrote: Vettel will but Newey dont. He stated that time and time again as his wife dont like to live in Italy.
You’ve won races – and championships – with Williams, McLaren and Red Bull – but there’s onbvious omission – Ferrari. Why have you never gone there?

“I guess it’s a whole combination of reasons. Generally, it’s been timing to be honest. Back in the mid-90s, I had young children at the time and I didn’t completely feel comfortable trying to move my family to Italy when the kids were established at school in the UK. More recently, when I felt in my latter days at McLaren that I was going a bit stale, I felt I needed a new challenge. While the Ferrari job would have been a challenge, it was still an established team, where Ross [Brawn] had been for some time with a considerable amount of success. I didn’t fancy stepping into that one.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2013/10/r ... nd-vettel/
No reason to think that if he got an offer for 2015- and they don't win this years WDC/WCC that he wouldn't fancy going there.
+2. Ferrari made no secret they want to hire him. Ferrari has been in a slur the past years and aren't achieving the success they were hoping for. It would bring a great challenge for Newey to bring Ferrari back to the front. It would be remeniscent of Schumacher-Brawn-Todt. If he'd take vettel alongside.
Besides, he's achieved what he wanted at RedBull and i guess the challenge is fading again, only the new 2014 regulations will bring him a fresh challenge but i think that'll wear fast. Lots of RB staff have left for competition, so the team won't be the way it was. Perhaps these people already know stuff, who knows.

CHT
CHT

After what Newey has achieved with RBR, from nothing to 4 in a roll, there is really nothing left in F1 that can give him the same motivation. The risk of joining a team like Ferrari is the corporate culture might not suit him and he might not be able to deliver what people would expect from him.

Bes for Newey is to take a break from F1 after RBR and then decide if he wishes to return.