2013 German GP - Nurburgring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
SectorOne

Re: 2013 German GP - Nurburgring

Even though it´s just practice, being one second clear of nearest competitor must be something the competition is looking at here..
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

turbof1

And this circuit must be more fitting them. That combined with the rears now having a kevlar belt, it looks like a mercedes dream situation. Mercedes one two qualy and if no bad luck hits, I sincerely believe mercedes one two race.
#AeroFrodo

Mika1
Mika1

Mercedes looking so good, impressive stuff.
The boss follows me on twitter.

astracrazy
astracrazy

its looking good for Merc but lets see how this carries through the rest of the weekend. Its highly likely there going to get pole. Its just there race pace which is the thing to keep an eye on. I hope Hamilton gets his win

myurr
myurr

turbof1 wrote:And this circuit must be more fitting them. That combined with the rears now having a kevlar belt, it looks like a mercedes dream situation. Mercedes one two qualy and if no bad luck hits, I sincerely believe mercedes one two race.
Would be great for the championships if that did transpire, but there's so much that can go wrong that just getting both cars on the podium would be a pretty good outcome. That car has some genuine pace.

It will be interesting to see if all Red Bull's posturing about being held back by the tyres in the early season is shown to be true, or if they're still behind Merc even now the tyres are more durable.

My dream result would be: Ham, Ros, Web, Alo, Rai with a DNF for Vet. Would really close the championship up nicely and put some pressure on Vettel to go out there and win it rather than defend his lead (not accusing him of doing so yet but it will only be a matter of time). One can dream...

turbof1

Yes, like I said no bad luck has to struck. I have to say though, just by looking at the early signs mercedes looks mighty, even in the longer runs. Rosberg's best lap came after running 25 laps on his tyres. He did backed off on some of those laps, but still that is impressive. Each race they just improve, it keeps coming. What a difference with last year.
#AeroFrodo

myurr
myurr

They could have just lucked into a great setup and the others will close the gap. It does look good for them though, possibly another 4 - 5 tenth advantage in Q3.

banibhusan

myurr wrote: My dream result would be: Ham, Ros, Web, Alo, Rai with a DNF for Vet.
Provided Kimi's nurburgring jinx has ended. I hope it indeed has.

But a Merc 1-2 with Lewis leading Nico would indeed be a dream result. I wouldn't mind too much if Vettel finishes 3rd, but I would really prefer Alonso to finish 3rd and Vettel 4th. That would be something I can live by. :)

MOWOG

Obviously, you antivettleites do not have Seb as your lead driver in your Fantasy F1 team..... :-#
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

WhiteBlue

The option is almost one second faster.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

WhiteBlue

It looks like Merc vs Red Bull in Quali tomorrow. Only two tenths between them.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

dren

WhiteBlue wrote:It looks like Merc vs Red Bull in Quali tomorrow. Only two tenths between them.
That's what it is looking like unless one of the two has something in the bag. Another Red Bull vs. Mercedes shootout in the race as well. Maybe Alonso can sneak up in there. How's Kimi looking on longer runs?
Honda!

Sevach
Sevach

A lot of understeer for Hamilton on that lap.

Softs might be the favorite race tyre this weekend, just way faster, 2 stops, 2 on stints on softs, last stint on primes.

gray41

Lewis struggling in this session.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Mika1
Mika1

Mercedes on high fuel in FP2 as always. Croft and Davidson overreacting.
The boss follows me on twitter.