2013 Hungarian GP - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
TheGkbrk
TheGkbrk

Re: 2013 Hungarian GP - Hungaroring

WhiteBlue wrote:
TheGkbrk wrote:Vettel will win this one as well. Getting ridiculous.
Why is it ridiculous? They have obviously once again designed the best car and he is a good driver. Where is the problem if he wins? If your preferred driver and team work harder they can match Red Bull/Vettel. Or would you prefer balance of performance in F1?
It is ridiculous because there is that excitement before every F1 race and you wonder who is gonna win how they will battle for the win etc. Now for me that excitement is gone because Vettel nearly wins every race and no matter what happens if there is a 40 points gap or if he crashes into people when trying to overtake he somehow comes out on top at the end of every season. And this is happening for the 4th year in a row. I dont like vettel and rbr but i aggree that he is a great driver and red bull's achievement is enormous.
I want to see real battles for wins and for the title. But now it seems red bull presses a button they have quickest car and they become champions. I just want more balanced F1 and we can see all the great drivers having a real battle for the title.

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

The climate it's very hot and dry in Central Hungary during this part of the year, believe me. I live in Western Romania very close to the border with Hungary (I'm 245 km from Hungaroring), and believe, unlike England, Western Germany, North Italy, Austria, in Central and Eastern Hungary the weather is hot and with long periods of drought in July. By mid-July to late-July, normally the temperature doesn't go under 35 Celsius during the day. That's why whatever tyre coumpound brings Pirelli here, Mercedes will grill their tyres in a brutal way. Hamilton has no chanche in Hungary this year with his Mercedes, because the main proleme for Mercedes will be to survive in the points positions. The combination of dry air and hot temperatures will sureley destroy them in the race.

iotar__

Change of tyres: soft and medium now. New construction or not this one was always a weird choice.

Chuckjr

Soft and Medium does not bode well for RB and Merc. Maybe a Fred vs. Kimi shoot out. [-o<
Watching F1 since 1986.

raymondu999

I'm not too sure. This is back with 2012 construction, 2013 compounds right?

Don't forget that the 2012 construction had a stiffer tyre sidewall that meant the tyre was harder to warmup. 2013 construction hard + medium might pretty much be the equal of 2012 construction soft + medium.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

iotar__

raymondu999 wrote:I'm not too sure. This is back with 2012 construction, 2013 compounds right?

Don't forget that the 2012 construction had a stiffer tyre sidewall that meant the tyre was harder to warmup. 2013 construction hard + medium might pretty much be the equal of 2012 construction soft + medium.
OK, but on a different car, designed for softer tyres and with more data. That's why suddenly it's OK for Hungary. They claim here hard stays the "same" which makes this comparison not quite accurate.
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2013/07/h ... ify-tyres/
"The hard tyre will be essentially the same hard as last year, the medium, soft and supersoft are softer compounds than in 2012. The teams don’t feel that much will change in terms of competitiveness as they all know the 2012 construction very well. It will warm up more quickly than the 2012 tyres, as they come in at around 5 degrees lower than the steel belt tyres."

They will run mostly hard-medium anyway for the remaining races. There goes conservative approach:
Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps) - hard, medium
Italy (Monza) - hard, medium
Singapore (Singapore) - (2012 soft, super-soft) soft-medium now?
Japan (Suzuka) - hard, medium
Korea (Yeongam) - (2012 soft, super-soft) soft-medium now?
India (New Delhi) - (2012 hard, soft) "bad combination" too aggressive, hard-medium again?
Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina) - medium, soft
United States (Austin) - hard, medium
Brazil (Interlagos) - hard, medium

Mika1
Mika1

Pirelli influencing the WC battle again, changing the tyres. This is ridiculous, I hope we won't see this mess next year.
The boss follows me on twitter.

kooleracer
kooleracer

This hole F1 Season is ruined by Pirelli. Teams don't have a fair chance to fight with tyre compounds changing and tyre selection changing a week before the race. This is ridiculous teams should be able to choose their own tyres thats the only fair way to continue this championship, we all know that Lotus and Ferrari are strong on the softer compounds an RB and MB are stronger on the harder compounds. For this championship it would be fair for the teams to choose their own tyres because of all those changes in the season. This would be good for the championship because all the teams could then optimize there car around the compounds. With Pirelli picking compounds some teams will always feel hard done by.You can right off Mercedes for the win now in Hungary....thats just doesn't feel right.

I would love to see rule changes about tyre selection for 2014. Teams should be able to pick tyre own compounds for the races. Why should Pirelli dictate which tyres teams run, if you think about it its quite odd. We only have 1 tyre supplier for the sake off competition and strategy the races would be better if teams could pick tyre own compounds. Lotus and Ferrari would have loved to race at Silverstone on soft tyres. If they could have run the softer tyres in Silverstone i think the race would be more interesting because i think both Lotus and Ferrari would have challenged RB en Merc. Also this way no teams can not blame Pirelli for being to conservative or something. And the influence of Pirelli on the championship would be reduced, because right now Pirelli has pretty much influenced to whole championship with tyre selection and changes during the season.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

SiLo

It's become a Pirelli tyre championship. As much as the racing is exciting to watch, it's taking away from the work the teams do and what the drivers can actually do with a car. I would rather watch fewer overtakes but the drivers on the ragged edge every weekend than this lottery we seem to get.

For me introducing DRS would have been enough for the first year to test it and see if it improves the racing, instead of bringing in these silly tyres as well.

Refuelling+DRS+Tyresthatlast = That wonderful middle ground.
Felipe Baby!

SamH123
SamH123

Don't know what difference the 2012 changes to the tires will make but soft tires means Lotus are almost the favourites now in Hungary for me

In Germany neither hooked together a great qualifying lap so they can possibly qualify even better in Hungary than they did in Germany as well.

Racer X

TheGkbrk wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:
TheGkbrk wrote:Vettel will win this one as well. Getting ridiculous.
Why is it ridiculous? They have obviously once again designed the best car and he is a good driver. Where is the problem if he wins? If your preferred driver and team work harder they can match Red Bull/Vettel. Or would you prefer balance of performance in F1?
It is ridiculous because there is that excitement before every F1 race and you wonder who is gonna win how they will battle for the win etc. Now for me that excitement is gone because Vettel nearly wins every race and no matter what happens if there is a 40 points gap or if he crashes into people when trying to overtake he somehow comes out on top at the end of every season. And this is happening for the 4th year in a row. I dont like vettel and rbr but i aggree that he is a great driver and red bull's achievement is enormous.
I want to see real battles for wins and for the title. But now it seems red bull presses a button they have quickest car and they become champions. I just want more balanced F1 and we can see all the great drivers having a real battle for the title.

A lot of the greats won like this Prost for example had a great car an just ran away with it. It's a shame but its their job to win, and the others jobs to beat them.

Ferrari Lotus McLaren need to step it up...... McLaren is not in the game right now but overall they do. Mercedez is the one I taught would accomplish this but no I think they will end up fallin short in the races from now on. Their capacity to develop a car during a season is yet to be seen. I hope Lotus and Mercedez give RebBull a fight but untill then RedBull just has to win.

I don't enjoy these boring Vettel wins but hey that's what having Adrian gets you.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

MOWOG

Well, if you thought the German GP was boring, you really need to find something else to watch. :-s Like curling or synchronized swimming.:idea:
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

raymondu999

I agree. I don't believe a single driver winning everything is boring, as long as the manner in which eh wins those races is not. And Germany certainly wasn't a boring race at the front
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Chuckjr

raymondu999 wrote:I agree. I don't believe a single driver winning everything is boring, as long as the manner in which eh wins those races is not. And Germany certainly wasn't a boring race at the front
+1
All teams have the same perameters to meet to win. Top teams have the budget to do it. Though I'd rather Vet not take win after win after win, RB are doing the best job with the given circumstance so it is what it is and I respect their self made position. I enjoyed Germany, and actually every race this year. I dont like these 3 week breaks tho. :cry:
Watching F1 since 1986.

raymondu999

Chuckjr wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:I agree. I don't believe a single driver winning everything is boring, as long as the manner in which eh wins those races is not. And Germany certainly wasn't a boring race at the front
+1
All teams have the same perameters to meet to win. Top teams have the budget to do it. Though I'd rather Vet not take win after win after win, RB are doing the best job with the given circumstance so it is what it is and I respect their self made position. I enjoyed Germany, and actually every race this year. I dont like these 3 week breaks tho. :cry:
Agreed.

My point though, was more of - if you had every race this year finish with p5 only 4.2s behind the same winner, then that would be a far more exciting/interesting year than if you had 20 winners in 20 races but with a 30s margin every time
失败者找理由,成功者找方法