2013 Hungarian GP - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
f1316
f1316

Re: 2013 Hungarian GP - Hungaroring

SectorOne wrote:I think the Lotus and Ferrari will once again be exposed in Qualifying, and likewise Mercedes in the race.
I think Red Bull will overtake Merc and run away with it. Alonso and Kimi will be too far back to mount any challenge to Vettel.

I´m more excited to see Qualifying then the race frankly ;) Hoping Merc once again trumps the Bulls on low fuel.
Check out autosport's analysis of the new tyres; seem to think they could favour lotus/Ferrari, as will the heat for quali

raymondu999

Link please?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

SectorOne

f1316 wrote:Check out autosport's analysis of the new tyres; seem to think they could favour lotus/Ferrari, as will the heat for quali
I don´t think the Lotus and Ferrari has the downforce and mechanical grip required to compete for Pole position, regardless if these new tires will help them get into the window for that quick lap.

Definitely not the mechanical grip as we saw in Monaco being one second clear of the pole sitter.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Vasconia

f1316 wrote:
SectorOne wrote:I think the Lotus and Ferrari will once again be exposed in Qualifying, and likewise Mercedes in the race.
I think Red Bull will overtake Merc and run away with it. Alonso and Kimi will be too far back to mount any challenge to Vettel.

I´m more excited to see Qualifying then the race frankly ;) Hoping Merc once again trumps the Bulls on low fuel.
Check out autosport's analysis of the new tyres; seem to think they could favour lotus/Ferrari, as will the heat for quali
That surprises me a lot, I thought the new tyres would reduce the tyre degration and will be easier to use and operate into a correct working window, so logically this should benefit Mercedes and Rb, not the opposite.

Anyway I hope this is truth because if not, the championship is done.

I have the feeling that Kimi can beat Sebastian this weekend.

godlameroso

There are two turns that require maximum downforce turns four(s1) and 11(s2), the majority of sector two is a combination of low speed turns, there is only one line, with maybe a few centimeters worth of deviation. Front tire wear will be maximum through this combination, especially in heavy fuel trim as some medium high speed turns will not be able to be taken flat out as in qualifying. In addition careful throttle modulation is crucial in the second sector after the chicane; for once the track starts to speed up, it is incredibly bumpy creating all sorts of suspension instability. The rest of the lap is characterized by turns that require heavy trail breaking and good traction on exit. It is a slower speed version of the previous race in hotter climate, and whoever was fast there will likely be fast here.
Saishū kōnā

Blackout

SectorOne wrote:
f1316 wrote:Check out autosport's analysis of the new tyres; seem to think they could favour lotus/Ferrari, as will the heat for quali
I don´t think the Lotus and Ferrari has the downforce and mechanical grip required to compete for Pole position, regardless if these new tires will help them get into the window for that quick lap.

Definitely not the mechanical grip as we saw in Monaco being one second clear of the pole sitter.
Lol. I dont know for Ferrari but the E21 has very good mechanical grip. It's even stronger in that area than the E20, many tracks have already proven it this year... and in 2012, Grosjean qualified 2nd in Hunagary... 2013 Monaco qualy do not mean much hence KR had technical problems and Grosejan who was fast all the weekend on one lap pace got traffic in Q2...

SectorOne

No worries we can look at S3 of Spain as well.

Code: Select all

1	9	Nico Rosberg	   27.738
2	10  Lewis Hamilton	 27.795
3	1   Sebastian Vettel  28.097
4	6	Sergio Perez	   28.100
5	2	Mark Webber	    28.216
6	3	Fernando Alonso	28.249
7	7	Kimi Räikkönen	 28.283
Just 5 tenths away from both Merc´s.
The Merc and the Red Bull are definitely in a class of it´s own in both categories imo.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

f1316
f1316

SectorOne wrote:No worries we can look at S3 of Spain as well.

Code: Select all

1	9	Nico Rosberg	   27.738
2	10  Lewis Hamilton	 27.795
3	1   Sebastian Vettel  28.097
4	6	Sergio Perez	   28.100
5	2	Mark Webber	    28.216
6	3	Fernando Alonso	28.249
7	7	Kimi Räikkönen	 28.283
Just 5 tenths away from both Merc´s.
The Merc and the Red Bull are definitely in a class of it´s own in both categories imo.
But that's not just mechanical grip it's also traction, which the Ferrari in particular is weak on. Also if you have the tyres up to temp, you''ll obviously have more grip, so tyre warm-up is clearly a factor.

Sorry not to post the link before but I'm on the mobile; besides all you have to do is, ya know, go to autosport and look.

Hail22

Pirelli Hungary tire / track guide:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ9ZifezbU0[/youtube]

Brembo's Hungary preview into Turn 1:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EabUqim4_sE[/youtube]
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

SectorOne

f1316 wrote:But that's not just mechanical grip it's also traction, which the Ferrari in particular is weak on.
yea they have poor traction because they have poor mechanical grip. it works in all four directions, not just lateral loads.

f1316
f1316

SectorOne wrote:
f1316 wrote:But that's not just mechanical grip it's also traction, which the Ferrari in particular is weak on.
yea they have poor traction because they have poor mechanical grip. it works in all four directions, not just lateral loads.
Well, I think it has a lot to do with their exhaust solution, which is not what I would call mechanical.

I also note you didn't address the point on being better able to heat up the tyres helping grip; before you said quali order wouldn't be related to the new tyres...

Racer X

Cocles wrote:
strad wrote:all I know is these 3 week breaks test my patience and desire to keep following F1.
Strains credulity that they want to grow their audience. Especially in the U.S..
We were supposed to have a GP in New Jersey during one of these breaks. The other was to make space for the YDT.
If they want to get the American Audience we want a season that has maybe one break in the midde like say 3weeks and as few 2week breaks as possible. They wont compete with IndiCar if they dont put the races more back to back you dont have to add more races we understand you will need 3almost 4 months break at the end of a season but these constant breaks In between are not good in America not for people who are not old fans. I understand the breaks but the American masses love constant competition. We dont need more races just a better schedule.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

aterren
aterren

2,300kW braking energy is ~3,000 HP. Wow!

Brembo's Hungary preview into Turn 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EabUqim4_sE[/quote]

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Racer X wrote:
Cocles wrote:
strad wrote:all I know is these 3 week breaks test my patience and desire to keep following F1.
Strains credulity that they want to grow their audience. Especially in the U.S..
We were supposed to have a GP in New Jersey during one of these breaks. The other was to make space for the YDT.
If they want to get the American Audience we want a season that has maybe one break in the midde like say 3weeks and as few 2week breaks as possible. They wont compete with IndiCar if they dont put the races more back to back you dont have to add more races we understand you will need 3almost 4 months break at the end of a season but these constant breaks In between are not good in America not for people who are not old fans. I understand the breaks but the American masses love constant competition. We dont need more races just a better schedule.
Which would mean 30 races a season around the world which will never happen. With the kindest will in the world, F1 is not trying to compete with Indycar.

SectorOne

f1316 wrote:I also note you didn't address the point on being better able to heat up the tyres helping grip; before you said quali order wouldn't be related to the new tyres...
Do they really heat up their tires better? HAM and VET complained in Monaco on the exact opposite.