2013 Hungarian GP - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
rssh

Re: 2013 Hungarian GP - Hungaroring

Forecast for Hungry is hot and dry weekend ;imo perfect setting for Lotus/Ferrari to fight for a win. I hope its Grosjean this time and as history says many drivers first wins have come on this track.

Also Merc has perfect setting to evaluate the tyres and try not to overheat them this weekend.

Goran2812
Goran2812

Vettel will win this one... He'll have a good qualy and storm off after the mercs fail with their tires... :(
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

rssh wrote:Forecast for Hungry is hot and dry weekend ;imo perfect setting for Lotus/Ferrari to fight for a win. I hope its Grosjean this time and as history says many drivers first wins have come on this track.

Also Merc has perfect setting to evaluate the tyres and try not to overheat them this weekend.
The only way Grosjean is winning a race is if Raikonnen has retired. He's a #2 driver this season, quite understandably.

iotar__

Jonnycraig wrote:
rssh wrote:Forecast for Hungry is hot and dry weekend ;imo perfect setting for Lotus/Ferrari to fight for a win. I hope its Grosjean this time and as history says many drivers first wins have come on this track.

The only way Grosjean is winning a race is if Raikonnen has retired. He's a #2 driver this season, quite understandably.
There is nothing "understandable" about it sport-wise unless you live mentally in 2005 while watching F1 through rose-tinted marketing glasses. People watching through those glasses make 'top driver' claims without a single 'top driver' performance and with plenty of mediocre ones.

Secondly, are you saying that if RG leads with KR let's say fourth Lotus would go for 'undercut' like in Germany rather than win the race? I wouldn't go that far but in general I agree that they have shown numerous ways to not achieve results this season: updates distribution, set up, tyres, inventive qualifying strategies (like Bahrain) or plain, old good team orders. I'm certain they'll make sure problems of German GP won't repeat themselves in Hungary.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

iotar__ wrote: There is nothing "understandable" about it sport-wise unless you live mentally in 2005 while watching F1 through rose-tinted marketing glasses. People watching through those glasses make 'top driver' claims without a single 'top driver' performance and with plenty of mediocre ones.

Secondly, are you saying that if RG leads with KR let's say fourth Lotus would go for 'undercut' like in Germany rather than win the race? I wouldn't go that far but in general I agree that they have shown numerous ways to not achieve results this season: updates distribution, set up, tyres, inventive qualifying strategies (like Bahrain) or plain, old good team orders. I'm certain they'll make sure problems of German GP won't repeat themselves in Hungary.
Grosjean is not in the WDC hunt, Raikonnen is, albeit barely. Letting Raikonnen come in second whilst Grosjean wins would be utter madness. In a situation whereby Grosjean is in position to win a race, Raikonnen is likely to be right up there with him, hence the need for a retirement.

oT v1
oT v1

I think Grosjean will be in the podium fight as long as he keeps out of any first corner bumper car action, if he is in a position to help RAI he probably won't mind giving up a position if it helps secure another year at Lotus.

Does anything think there will much updates worthy of talking about?
The Power of Dreams

gray41

At least one Mercedes on the front row, then falling back to around 5th with Seb winning and Raikkonen Alonso making up the podium.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Hail22

FIA Press conference Hungaroring:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkYp0WPVbm4[/youtube]

Kimi Raikkonen: "I don't have twitter"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87xhvbtCQCo[/youtube]
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

raymondu999

SectorOne wrote:
f1316 wrote:I also note you didn't address the point on being better able to heat up the tyres helping grip; before you said quali order wouldn't be related to the new tyres...
Do they really heat up their tires better? HAM and VET complained in Monaco on the exact opposite.
The Ferrari and Monaco could've been even worse?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

SectorOne

raymondu999 wrote:
SectorOne wrote:
f1316 wrote:I also note you didn't address the point on being better able to heat up the tyres helping grip; before you said quali order wouldn't be related to the new tyres...
Do they really heat up their tires better? HAM and VET complained in Monaco on the exact opposite.
The Ferrari and Monaco could've been even worse?
was it?

-
Bit of an odd thing happening during a skysports broadcast, not sure what the guys intentions are ;)

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... nd-hungary
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Hail22

SectorOne wrote:
was it?

-
Bit of an odd thing happening during a skysports broadcast, not sure what the guys intentions are ;)

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... nd-hungary[/quote]

Is it me or did Johnny Herbert seriously throw Alonso out of contention for this years Championship?
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

SilverArrow10

He has a point. Vettel is on fire right now and Ferrari have fallen behind. It frightens me the fact that if Vettel's gear box had not failed he would have won the last three races, if he wins this one the rest of the boys might as well go home because Red bull and Vettel wont make enough mistakes or have enough bad luck for the competition to catch up.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

SilverArrow10 wrote:He has a point. Vettel is on fire right now and Ferrari have fallen behind. It frightens me the fact that if Vettel's gear box had not failed he would have won the last three races, if he wins this one the rest of the boys might as well go home because Red bull and Vettel wont make enough mistakes or have enough bad luck for the competition to catch up.
Hungary, Belgium, and Italy are the best chances for Alonso and anyone else to attack Vettel's lead. Red Bull will definitely have the latest updates ready for the flyaways (once they are past the Spa/Monza specials).

Sevach
Sevach

These new tyres seem very understeery, at least in Hungary.

Alonso is even doing some light Renault steering flick.

gray41

RedBull 1-2 and will make it look effortless. =D>
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***