2013 Indian GP - Buddh

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Guisson

Re: 2013 Indian GP - Buddh

This tracks suits vettel and Red Bull , it will be a surprise if they don't win there..
He led all the laps these two years as well..
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

Vasconia

A quite fast track, but the RB seems to be a perfect car, no matter how the circuit is this car always flies, I remember when fast tracks like Spa or Monza used to destroy RB´s chances to win, or even fast sections like the ones we can find in the Indian track used to prevent RB from getting the pole. Nowadays they are not a problem, so I expect another pole from Vettel, with the only chance of an inspired Lewis.

I expect 100% victories for Vettel for the rest of the championship, with the sole exception of Brazil, where the rain can give us some excitement ,and because perhaps Rb will show some recpect to Webber and let him fighting for the victory.

raymondu999

If Vettel does fulfill Vasconia's prediction of winning every single race for the rest of the season, he will match Schumacher's "most wins in a season" record at 13

Right now he's 2 away from his personal record of 11 races (in the dominant 2011 year)
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Vasconia

raymondu999 wrote:If Vettel does fulfill Vasconia's prediction of winning every single race for the rest of the season, he will match Schumacher's "most wins in a season" record at 13

Right now he's 2 away from his personal record of 11 races (in the dominant 2011 year)
As a Schumi fan I hope he doesnt achieve it. :mrgreen:

Anyway, he has a clear chance of getting this record.

Juzh

raymondu999 wrote:If Vettel does fulfill Vasconia's prediction of winning every single race for the rest of the season, he will match Schumacher's "most wins in a season" record at 13

Also 9 consecutive wins would equal him with ascari in 1st place :shock:

rssh

This is my home track and I don't like it, because the last 2 sectors are curves and the car in the rear suffers due to it and can only overtake in turn 1,3,4,5 it they can actually recovery from the dirty air following the car in front. Last year I sat a turn 10 and could see and hear the cars just move around gingerly to preserve their tyres in turn 10 and I would trade that to a SPA on TV.

This year again the track will be dusty because the surrounding area is all farm land and developmental properties. the best elevation change is the second last corner to the last corner which might look easy but the Marrusia and Caterhams always struggle for balance there. This is definately a RB track no 2 things about it but I don't expect more than 2 stops since the surface is ultra smooth. If there was no turn 10 then Pirelli could bring SS and MED here to spice things up. I hope Lotus this year gears a bit higher for the straights ,last year was a frustrating Kimi following Massa the whole race.

Chuckjr

It's gotta be tough as a driver like Fred, Kimi, or Lewis going into the weekend knowing you'll be risking your life to fight for first loser finish position at best, and will only fight for the win if Vet has a mechanical issue--a situation which offers only an empty win since you didn't beat him fighting wheel to wheel on the track. It's a lose-lose scenario.

How many times in F1 has a driver won the WDC with a grand schlem? Now that's something to motivate Vettle as well as the competition (to keep that from happening) in this race.
Watching F1 since 1986.

iotar__

Track is all right, it has some weird hill but not over the top like USA (overrated), fast section including copied corner (Turkey) - same as USA, straight-slow c.-straight. Spa may have classic status but races have been boring there for ages, even rain couldn't save it in 2010, you need changeable conditions and Laurel and Hardy leading like in 2008, what a classic :wink: .

Race last year was forgettable one-stopper except for Alonso's moves on McLarens, but you should blame Red Bull and Pirelli for that. I don't know if 2013 will be any different with medium + soft. In theory better combination for Lotus, especially if it's hot, layout OK, Mercedes after disappointing Suzuka - the same, Ferrari - the same. I'm not betting against RB but I don't think it's a perfect track for them, if it's only based on past then just about every one should be.

godlameroso

The Red Bull just seems to be a second faster than everyone else bar Lotus, who is only .6 of a second slower.
Saishū kōnā

Diff-user
Diff-user

If Ferrari fails to score 19 points more than Red Bull in Buddh, the constructors will be won by Red Bull in India. Thus it is most likely that both the championships will be decided in the next race. Am glad i'll be there in Buddh to see it happen :D
money makes the cars go round
engines are there just for the sound
V10.......V8.......V6....... V none
And that's the story of Formula 1

raymondu999

Red Bull 445

Currently there are 4 x 43 points possible, meaning = 172.

445 - 172 = 273

ie the following teams are still in WCC numerical contention:
Ferrari 297 (-148)
Mercedes 287 (-158)

If either finishes the season on equal points with RBR, then RBR wins the title as they have more victories. As such they need to keep the gap UNDER (3x43 = 129) points. SO it has to be 128 to STAY IN CONTENTION.

Ferrari have to gain 20 points on Red Bull, Mercedes have to gain 30.

Because there are two cars per team that's a bitch to calculate, so I won't be going through permutations :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/20000-ticket ... -5-24.html

Just 20,000 tix sold 2 with 10 days to go for the event. Massive drop from 95k in 2011...

Shrieker

I'm not surprised to be honest, same happened over here. People went, saw what it was about and didn't come back.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

The prices were dropped significantly, with general admission close to US$25 on raceday...pretty decent track,located close to airports and the capital city, I am sure we wont see Korea and India post 2014... :(

rssh

This time the turn 3 stand is not available (I would have bought that one) so I have booked the cheapest season ticket this time covering turn 123 for 35$US. Hoping to see some great actions in turn 3 and 1.