2013 United States Grand Prix

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ringo

Re: 2013 United States Grand Prix

Redbull...
Able to yo yo behind the lotus and still able to draw down and try to overtake.

Able to set fastest lap 6 tenths faster than the next fastest car...

Race was ok, but not exciting. The performance differential between the cars decided who finished where.

Good racing from Bottas and also Hulk. Hamilton and Alonso did well too to manage their tyres.

Perez did a very good race. I'm starting to wonder why Mcalren never dumped Button.
For Sure!!

vall
vall

Joie de vivre wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:Average driver on the grid wins 8 in a row.

Incredible car.
fixed
Thank you Pirelli and FIA for ruining the promissing season. Up until the tire change the season was wide open, but then ...... Vettel got 8 of 8. Such a shame.

Hail22

ringo wrote:
Perez did a very good race. I'm starting to wonder why Mcalren never dumped Button.
I'm not willing to release a source yet, but I spoke to someone about dear Perez, he could be going to Ferrari and replacing Kamui Kobyashi.

Until I know a bit more, its still a grand rumor
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

wesley123
wesley123

vall wrote:
Joie de vivre wrote:

Incredible car.
fixed
Thank you Pirelli and FIA for ruining the promissing season. Up until the tire change the season was wide open, but then ...... Vettel got 8 of 8. Such a shame.
If I remember correctly Vettel also had an incredibly strong second half of the season for the previous 3 years. Red Bull has been doing that since 2009.

I don't see why people cannot accept that both Vettel and Red Bull actually did a better job than the rest of the field.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

komninosm
komninosm

Jonnycraig wrote:
Joie de vivre wrote:will we see penalty for vettel for unsafe release? NOOO
No, because it wasn't an unsafe release.
Anyone got video of it?

vall
vall

wesley123 wrote:
vall wrote:
If I remember correctly Vettel also had an incredibly strong second half of the season for the previous 3 years. Red Bull has been doing that since 2009.

I don't see why people cannot accept that both Vettel and Red Bull actually did a better job than the rest of the field.
I don't think this is the reason. Nobody could even get close to Vettel.... after the tire change. period.

Sebp

Let's feed the troll shall we?

Incredible car.
What's this average driver's teammate called again? - Never mind, only made up the numbers this year anyway...
No smartphone was involved in creating this message.

komninosm
komninosm

I wish to complain about this parrot.

Erm I mean about Greek public TV. They started the race with a 15 minute delay, but then cut out 15 minutes after the Safety Car came out and made it Live. It was a bit weird.
I guess I didn't miss much, how long did that SC last?

But also talk about luck for the TV station. It's like they knew there was going to be a boring SC period so they said:
"frack it we'll keep showing this unimportant basketball game and delay F1 by 15 minutes screwing everyone who uses live timing and chat apps; hey maybe we'll skip 15 minutes of race later during commercial while Vettel is in the lead comfortably, no one will notice the difference... :mrgreen:

wesley123
wesley123

Sebp wrote:Let's feed the troll shall we?

Incredible car.
What's this average driver's teammate called again? - Never mind, only made up the numbers this year anyway...

I believe it is Webber. An absolutely horrible, untalented and overrated driver that got completely destroyed this, and past seasons by his average teammate. I don't understand why he has been active in Formula 1 for this long. Most horrible, untalented drivers hardly drive a season in F1, but Webber did 12!
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Miguel
Miguel

After the last few races, can anyone see a car other than a Red Bull winning in Brazil? I really can't. Especially with the RB really going well in bumpy traction-dependent tracks. Oh well, at least Webber is good at Brazil. Just, please, if he wins, may it not be a gift like 2011? For the last three or four races, the interest is to see how big the margin is, not who'll win it. Also, I still can't understand why Webber won't get 2nd. Well, yes, I can: multi 2-1, kers, hydraulic, kers, gearbox. Since Canada, that Red Bull has been a *monster*.

PS: Vettel may not be the best driver on the grid, but he's close enough to it so that it doesn't matter.

Oh, and on-topic: the TV producer was suckier than usual...
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

mikeerfol

komninosm wrote:I wish to complain about this parrot.

Erm I mean about Greek public TV. They started the race with a 15 minute delay, but then cut out 15 minutes after the Safety Car came out and made it Live. It was a bit weird.
I guess I didn't miss much, how long did that SC last?

But also talk about luck for the TV station. It's like they knew there was going to be a boring SC period so they said:
"frack it we'll keep showing this unimportant basketball game and delay F1 by 15 minutes screwing everyone who uses live timing and chat apps; hey maybe we'll skip 15 minutes of race later during commercial while Vettel is in the lead comfortably, no one will notice the difference... :mrgreen:
Indeed, just UNBELIEVABLE... :evil:

Donuts

Romain Grosjean, what a performance! Heikki Kovalainen give the "car keys" to Davide Valsechi!
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Helios wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:
Unfortunately for non-Vettel fans, in F1 the best driver on the grid also has the best car to dominating effect.
Obvious troll is obvious.
:lol: , given your avatar it's hardly surprising you can't accept what you are seeing.

marcush.
marcush.

Donuts wrote:Romain Grosjean, what a performance! Heikki Kovalainen give the "car keys" to Davide Valsechi!
Not really convincing what kovalainen did in this race ,change of nosecone was the end of a points finish.

Mika1
Mika1

Very happy with Lewis Hamilton's result, nailed the start and had enough tyres left to keep Alonso behind.
The boss follows me on twitter.