Racing games

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
DutchPanther

Re: Red Bull RB18

diffuser wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 21:31
DutchPanther wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 20:50
Here's a detailed 3D model of the RB18
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/red-bul ... b39366cafe
That's pretty amazing, ok it doesn't have the latest updates but still!
Yeah the guy certainly took his time to make it
How hard can it be? ~Jeremious Clarksonious

organic

That 3D model is pretty great, even if it's now outdated. Brilliant stuff

https://racingnews365.com/red-bulls-bol ... ff-ferrari
RacingNews365.com understands that Red Bull will bring an updated floor to the next round of the season in France, before making further tweaks to the RB18's sidepods at Verstappen's home race in the Netherlands.

And, although there is just under a month and a half between the two aforementioned updates, Red Bull are also factoring in track-specific modifications.

It is understood that one more set of car upgrades will be introduced in Singapore, the 17th round of 22 scheduled in 2022.
Low quality rumour mill stuff but they are putting precise information down that I'll come back to later to see if it held any value

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

DutchPanther wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 21:32
diffuser wrote:
DutchPanther wrote:
I'm curious why the author didn't seem to bother with the underfloor. Even the most cursory glance of the actual car would lead to a bit more detail than what is shown.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 23:28
DutchPanther wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 21:32
diffuser wrote:

I'm curious why the author didn't seem to bother with the underfloor. Even the most cursory glance of the actual car would lead to a bit more detail than what is shown.
Red Bull's special edition Austria posters feature this 3D model specifically. I'm guessing that the 3d model linked to earlier in the thread was made for this poster series, given the timing of the model being uploaded 4 days ago and the posters just being released today on the red bull website.. of course it could be that RB saw the model on the web and used it for their poster but seems much more unlikely.

https://www.redbullshop.com/en-gb/c/rbr-posters/

Posters in question

And listed in description "Uses the latest 3D modeling technology to design the poster"

.. and now for why this is relevant to your point.. don't need underbody modelled properly despite very high attention to detail elsewhere if you're using it for art/posters

tok-tokkie
tok-tokkie

I am very impressed by that CAD model. I had not appreciated how much space there is beneath the cooling inlets.
I do, however, feel that the lighting has been set very low - particularly when looking at the floor, both the upper & particularly the lower side.

ispano6

The F1 22 game was released recently and there are now at least three 3d models available to rip. Looking at that model it most closely resembles Sim Dream's Grandprix Rb18 with what looks like a texture file that has an uncanny resemblance to the private one I had made and was requested by two individuals at Racedepartment.

ScrewCaptain27

ispano6 wrote:
17 Jul 2022, 18:21
The F1 22 game was released recently and there are now at least three 3d models available to rip. Looking at that model it most closely resembles Sim Dream's Grandprix Rb18 with what looks like a texture file that has an uncanny resemblance to the private one I had made and was requested by two individuals at Racedepartment.
DOES NOT BELONG HERE but please share as much as you can. Codemasters is a disgusting dev studio who is known for pulling off s*** like this! Definitely post it on that forum.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

ScrewCaptain27

By the way, would be curious to see which of the two models is more accurate/realistic and how it performs in CFD.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

JordanMugen

tok-tokkie wrote:
16 Jul 2022, 08:47
I do, however, feel that the lighting has been set very low - particularly when looking at the floor, both the upper & particularly the lower side.
Go the options (the layer button) and tick "No Post-Processing". :)

tok-tokkie
tok-tokkie

JordanMugen wrote:
21 Jul 2022, 02:25
tok-tokkie wrote:
16 Jul 2022, 08:47
Go the options (the layer button) and tick "No Post-Processing". :)
Thanks. I was unaware of that. Set it to matcap+surface & it is very clear.

Alonso Fan

DutchPanther wrote:
Very nice. Wonder how it would perform in mvrc!
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

WindowsTechSupport
WindowsTechSupport

Re: Racing games

That model appears to be a rip from the F1 22 game afaik.